Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Yeh my car was an original 318 auto , guy before me put in a built 340 with the 4 speed , it actually had an original pistol grip shifter , it was cool for sure . Nothing like the way they are made today 😂
:ROFLMAO: So True. Very Nice setup.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,672 Posts
Congrats & Welcome to the ROTM club.
Quite the car and life journey you have had! Glad you found your GT500 without the wait of ordering it. These cars get a lot of attention here in the states, I bet it really turns heads over there.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,262 Posts
Thank you Sir, Deeply Appreciated. :)
Congrats on ROTM. Awesome story too. My dad spent some time in Subic Bay while in transit to/from his Vietnam deployments in the 60s. He was in the USAF. I’ve heard some stories. Lol

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
983 Posts
Very much enjoyed your story! Love your ride!! Have a special place in my heart for the Mopar. Owned a 71 Duster with a highly modified 340 Magnum and 125hp Moroso single shot NOS. Lots of street racing and no one could touch it, but I’d take my Shelby any day of the week and twice on Sunday!! Congrats on ROTM…you definitely deserve it! Keep us posted on your mods.

Very grateful for your service 🙏.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
What a fun story to read, congrats Thomas. Thanks for your service as well!
Fitting ROTM for such a great person.
What a fun story to read, congrats Thomas. Thanks for your service as well!
Fitting ROTM for such a great person.
You're welcome and thank you for the kind words, I deeply appreciate it. Take care:)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Congrats & Welcome to the ROTM club.
Quite the car and life journey you have had! Glad you found your GT500 without the wait of ordering it. These cars get a lot of attention here in the states, I bet it really turns heads over there.
Thank you, Great Club to be in for sure. Yes its a head turner. Yes waiting would have sucked like stories I read here. Thank you again Ted. Take care:)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Congrats on ROTM. Awesome story too. My dad spent some time in Subic Bay while in transit to/from his Vietnam deployments in the 60s. He was in the USAF. I’ve heard some stories. Lol
Those Stories are all True, I promise you:ROFLMAO:. Thank you HVCalTech. Take care.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Very much enjoyed your story! Love your ride!! Have a special place in my heart for the Mopar. Owned a 71 Duster with a highly modified 340 Magnum and 125hp Moroso single shot NOS. Lots of street racing and no one could touch it, but I’d take my Shelby any day of the week and twice on Sunday!! Congrats on ROTM…you definitely deserve it! Keep us posted on your mods.

Very grateful for your service 🙏.
Thank you. Yes those old MOPARS were tough to beat with any engine in the Small or Big block, Especially modified Engines. Those Dusters were light too, A Body street beasts.

Yes I agree these Shelby's are so nice, Me too would take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You Sir are welcome I serve again if I could, just too old. I will definitely keep everyone posted as I get more mods done. Thank you again Hyperformance I have learn much from you and to all here on this great Forum. Thank you and take care:)

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue w/ Performance White Stripes
1,276 Posts
Congratulations on being selected as ROTM. You have a beautiful car and sounds like you will enjoy it a great deal.

It is always such a pleasure to read about each person's story and what led to their purchase, so thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Congratulations on Aug '22 ROTM! Beautiful story and Shelby.
Thank you for your service!
Thank you, and you're welcome. Take care Kevin :)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Congratulations on being selected as ROTM. You have a beautiful car and sounds like you will enjoy it a great deal.

It is always such a pleasure to read about each person's story and what led to their purchase, so thank you for sharing.
(y)Thank you Bryan, I appreciate that. It was a new experience writing my story, never done that before. Take care

21 - 33 of 33 Posts