Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
An eye popping color for sure. Saw my first 2020 GT500KR in person last week going the opposite way in town. Saw it coming and am so used to seeing GT350’s that I was just glancing until I saw the cobra in the center of the grill and then the hood. It was lime green (whatever that is called), and that’s a real eye popper too.
Yellow as well as green are both eye popping colors! There is no “KR” for the 2020+... at least not yet... who knows what Ford will do in the next couple years.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
Yellow as well as green are both eye popping colors! There is no “KR” for the 2020+... at least not yet... who knows what Ford will do in the next couple years.
Yeah, not sure where the KR came from. I don’t even remember typing it. Damn moderator probably inserted it on me!

I just finished reading the KR thread and must have had KR subliminally on my brain.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah, not sure where the KR came from. I don’t even remember typing it. Damn moderator probably inserted it on me!

I just finished reading the KR thread and must have had KR subliminally on my brain.
:ROFLMAO:
Funny Mike!

Hope all is well up there! Hopefully you get some more good driving time this year in ID before the snow flies!

·
Registered
2017 GT350
209 Posts
Is there a King of Road version? I thought the high end was the CFTP? Could be wrong...

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Is there a King of Road version? I thought the high end was the CFTP? Could be wrong...
If my post mislead you, sorry. I figured out today while drafting another post that my phone remembered some posts I made about KR models, and it was auto-correcting my GT500 into a GT500KR, which it did again during this post.

Reactions: WAGT350 and Goose17

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Oh, that was "cold" Michael!
Meh, John's a big boy, and he can handle it. From the reports, it looks like Zeta didn't hit him very hard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those are brightly painted (red and green centers) base wheels that go on the CFTP cars while the car is working its way down the production line (so the expensive wheels don’t get damaged). The CF wheels get added later, with the wing and then the car goes to Penske for painted stripes (if optioned). I’m sure the CF handling package cars (2021 option) will get the same treatment.

You see them at 13:06 here:

Where can I get my new GT 500 ceramic coating done around DFW area ?

·
Premium Member
74 76 86 89 99 05 08 10 12
263 Posts
This reminds me of the scene in Caddyshack when Dangerfield says something like, "Do you get a free bowl of soup with that hat?" Then he sees Ted Night wearing it and adds, "But it looks good on you though."

:ROFLMAO:

As HD117 said above, it wears it well!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Where can I get my new GT 500 ceramic coating done around DFW area ?
Call Speed Shield in Addison TX Barbara. They use quartz coatings and do excellent work! They can even do clear bra and window tint if you’d like.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Back on topic:

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
248 Posts
Color looks good, but I wouldn't combine a black roof with white stripe. Eliminate the black roof or change stripe to black.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Color looks good, but I wouldn't combine a black roof with white stripe. Eliminate the black roof or change stripe to black.
The yellow is too pale for my tastes. I agree on combining a black roof with white stripes... a black roof flows much better with black stripes.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
319 Posts
Surprised they went with white stripes, probably didn’t want it to be called Bumblebee.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts