From FB... the guy saw this manufacturer out in the wild:

9CC8F080-ACBE-47A4-B22A-7AAE525CEF8C.jpeg
E022C464-12F3-4A5D-B557-4EA3071FDD1E.jpeg
1374612A-42D4-40AC-8B79-43980C665EBE.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 GT500, Kona Blue/White Stripes
329 Posts
Hmmm, I tend to like yellow cars but that yellow isn't doing it for me. Too light or something.
Exactly my thoughts, this shade is too light. This looks lighter than the recent Triple Yellow that was recently used by Ford and I haven’t seen one picture yet of this new yellow that looks appealing to me.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Solid black is my color! I like my cars like my coffee- black and strong!
It comes down to if you like the styling lines on the front or not. I dig them and black conceals all the contrasting lines. I do admit that an all black 2020 looks sinister... there was an all black CFTP posted here recently, but the front fascia lines are lost on black cars.

I also agree this yellow is too pale. White stripes don’t help.

·
Registered
2017 GT350
215 Posts
It comes down to if you like the styling lines on the front or not. I dig them and black conceals all the contrasting lines. I do admit that an all black 2020 looks sinister... there was an all black CFTP posted here recently, but the front fascia lines are lost on black cars.

I also agree this yellow is too pale. White stripes don’t help.
I do agree black does hid the contrasting lines plus my fender vents! I was thinking about have them painting carbon fiber red to bring them out. A while back I was considering a C7 Z06 (Solid black) but the White actually looked better due to showing the vents and other parts.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I do agree black does hid the contrasting lines plus my fender vents! I was thinking about have them painting carbon fiber red to bring them out. A while back I was considering a C7 Z06 (Solid black) but the White actually looked better due to showing the vents and other parts.
Red vents would look great! You could tie the red elsewhere on the car as well... maybe the calipers?

·
Registered
2017 GT350
215 Posts
did the calipers - I wonder if I should matched the same color with the calipers? The red sure flows well with the black- nothing but great comments on the calipers.

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
Solid black is my color! I like my cars like my coffee- black and strong!
Funny!!! I like black cars, and all black Shelbys look killer. There’s a blacked out Saleen driving around here that looks and sounds awesome.

That being said, I’ve never owned a black car — my OCD would drive me to jump off a cliff trying to keep it clean!!! But man when black is clean — yowzahs!

Reactions: OMB

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I wonder if I should matched the same color with the calipers?
YES! Use the same accent color in various places around the car. It will all flow and look killer!

Reactions: WAGT350

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500
27 Posts
Ok, I like this Yellow! and that black and white cat in the background is huge! and your GT500 is wicked!
That was my slow, but pretty, 2014 Vette. HIS name is FLUFFY. My son named him when he was tiny and cute. He grew to 22 lbs..

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,458 Posts
The Vette is awesome! We had a 20 lbs black & white car name Oreo! He would actually chase dogs away from our house!
Your "car" would chase dogs away? :)

41 - 60 of 69 Posts