31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
387060D3-B6D3-45CE-8DB4-9A301234F0AF.jpeg
E25A4F78-4388-4A75-9CAA-DA95C95DF37A.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Ford GT500 & 2015 50TH Anniversary
55 Posts
does this mean no more 2020 are being manufactured or is this a test vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,758 Posts
Like it, but I’d add black OTT stripes & side stripes to tone it down just a bit.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
297 Posts
Looks great! I prefer more of a school bus yellow, but it looks sharp on this body.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
319 Posts
I sent my dealer a text to see if he can find any 2021 ordering info. I wouldn’t order this color but I don’t hate it.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Tech Package, Recaro, CF I/P
37 Posts
I have never been a fan of yellow on much of anything. I think this car pulls it off well but not my cup of tea.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does this mean no more 2020 are being manufactured or is this a test vehicle.
We have members with cars currently getting built. These pics didn’t come with an explanation. I assume it is a pre-production 2021.

Reactions: TomLake

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
51 Posts
I sent my dealer a text to see if he can find any 2021 ordering info. I wouldn’t order this color but I don’t hate it.
Did you hear back? I asked my dealer here on Wednesday and he said nothing is available yet on 2021 pricing..tick tick tick.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
319 Posts
Did you hear back? I asked my dealer here on Wednesday and he said nothing is available yet on 2021 pricing..tick tick tick.
no response yet.
Ok, anyone know why the wheel face is red in the center?
Those are the assembly wheels to prevent nail damage, or scuff damage to customer wheels. I also think they might drive those to Penske for stripe installation.

I’ve always heard tires and wheels are either dealer installed or the last thing installed before shipping

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Tech Package, Recaro, CF I/P
37 Posts
no response yet.

Those are the assembly wheels to prevent nail damage, or scuff damage to customer wheels. I also think they might drive those to Penske for stripe installation.

I’ve always heard tires and wheels are either dealer installed or the last thing installed before shipping
Installed at the factory. Even the CFTP wheels sit on the cars outside in a holding lot until they are loaded onto CSX trains and sent to their forever homes! Where I am at, they come off the trains near Wilmington DE then sit in another holding lot until they get assigned a car hauler, then loaded on a semi and driven to the dealer. I actually watched a guy STAND ON a GT350R wheel to reach a strap on the top level of the hauler. Couldnt sleep for a week after that one.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, anyone know why the wheel face is red in the center?
Those are brightly painted (red and green centers) base wheels that go on the CFTP cars while the car is working its way down the production line (so the expensive wheels don’t get damaged). The CF wheels get added later, with the wing and then the car goes to Penske for painted stripes (if optioned). I’m sure the CF handling package cars (2021 option) will get the same treatment.

You see them at 13:06 here:

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
The yellow is different, not a color I would pick but doesn’t look bad. My only thing is I think this is a strip delete color, with the black strips is going to be a bumble bee lol. Hmmm maybe white or silver strips.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
An eye popping color for sure. Saw my first 2020 GT500KR in person last week going the opposite way in town. Saw it coming and am so used to seeing GT350’s that I was just glancing until I saw the cobra in the center of the grill and then the hood. It was lime green (whatever that is called), and that’s a real eye popper too.

Reactions: Goose17
1 - 20 of 69 Posts