Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 PCM woes

2007 - 2014 
6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  QSK50 
#1 ·
A north Texas Ford dealership has had my 2010 for over 3 months trying to repair/replace the PCM.
Since Ford has discontinued the PCM, they have sent it off to Flagship One in NY three times and each time the PCM comes back with a different problem. They may have screwed it up so bad now it can’t be fixed....I hope not.
Has anyone had a similar issue and found a good solution?

#2 ·
A north Texas Ford dealership has had my 2010 for over 3 months trying to repair/replace the PCM.
Since Ford has discontinued the PCM, they have sent it off to Flagship One in NY three times and each time the PCM comes back with a different problem. They may have screwed it up so bad now it can’t be fixed....I hope not.
Has anyone had a similar issue and found a good solution?
Sorry for the troubles Randy. What caused it to go bad? The only time I recall a corrupted PCM is when people were trying to flash a tune without hooking up a battery charger/tender and the battery died during the flash.

How about getting one from a salvage yard? Look into Prestige Mustang. They are a Mustang salvage yard.

#3 ·
The cooling fan wouldn’t come on which prevented the a/c from working. Also had a KAM issue. Was acting up when I purchased it last year.
I wish we knew if another year PCM would work if reprogrammed.
Tasca Ford shows to have a PCM for a 2010 but it is not the code I need.

#4 ·
The cooling fan wouldn’t come on which prevented the a/c from working. Also had a KAM issue. Was acting up when I purchased it last year.
I wish we knew if another year PCM would work if reprogrammed.
Tasca Ford shows to have a PCM for a 2010 but it is not the code I need.
I assume any 10-12GT500 pcm would work once the VIN as-build data is flashed. Check eBay for dismantlers or parts farm in Lyons GA for a used PCM. I didn’t have much luck with Tim’s Prestige despite them being 30 min from me. The dude only had V6 cars and never called me back and charged 4x what Parts Farm did for the same part and just seemed clueless

#5 ·
2010 was somewhat of a transitional year, so that might be part of the problem. I would think that any 2010 PCM could be reflashed with your old calibration, if not the original strategy. I've never had a PCM problem, so I can't say whether it would work or not. Is this a small dealership?

#8 ·
There will be more totaled cars with more used computers available. I see 93 and 03/04 Cobra PCMs on eBay frequently.

Reactions: jrzycobra
#9 ·
PCM's are usually obsoleted after the production year. Programming changes happen several times a year. software codes change several times a year. Manufactures of the PCM's change from time to time. That's why a company like Flagship one exists. OEM's outsource the PCM building and programming.

#11 ·
What I am saying is talk to them direct. Not all dealerships have tech's that can handle these cars. call Flagship one and explain it to them and ask what is the problem, 3 months for a PCM seams wrong. A PCM is a simple thing to replace just a plug and the PCM is just a computer in a metal case. Can be programmed and reprogramed. My opinion is something is not being communicated between the dealer and the PCM company. Another thing are you sure the car is stock with no mods. A stock PCM will not operate correctly if changes were made to the car. a custom tuner would have to handle that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.