Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it aluminum or steel????

So here I am, minding my own business....outbound from downtown Chicago on the Eisenhower Expressway. Traffic is bumper to bumper...about 5-10mph. As I come up to a railroad overpass, I see stuff flying through the air. Big, black chunks of crap that I think may be coming from a truck ahead of me. As I pass under the overpass, I see those chunks start to bounce off cars!!! Another 5o feet down the road and I hear a heart-stopping sound as one of the chunks, ashphalt as it turns out, bounces off my Mother*& %$ing HOOD!!!!!!!

I looked in my mirror only to find 3 upstanding young men stylishly dressed in white t-shirts high-fiving each other and pointing and laughing at their handiwork.

I immediately called the state police (since it's an interstate) and they of course told me there was no shot in hell of picking these kids out of the thousands dressed just like that in the area.

So...our Shelby is no longer a virgin.

I need to know if it's aluminum or not because that will help me decide whether to repair it or replace it.

Yes, I'm sick about it. My wife is livid. Somehow, somewhere, someone was allowed to procreate and these delinquents are the result of their handiwork. God forbid these kids be doing anything to make this world a slightly better place. Can you even fathom what has to go through someone's mind as they do this?
Are they TRYING to kill someone? What is it that they wish to accomplish in this action? Is it the thrill of being a "bad boy"? (They should be thrilled I'm no longer a cop.)

On one hand, I am so incredibly hurt and disheartened after waiting a year for this car and for all it means to us. On the other hand, Shelby just got a middle name. SC no longer stands for supercharger, it stands for Shelby Christine and she's PISSED OFF!!!

Be careful out there.

bj

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is it aluminum or steel????

So here I am, minding my own business....outbound from downtown Chicago on the Eisenhower Expressway. Traffic is bumper to bumper...about 5-10mph. As I come up to a railroad overpass, I see stuff flying through the air. Big, black chunks of crap that I think may be coming from a truck ahead of me. As I pass under the overpass, I see those chunks start to bounce off cars!!! Another 5o feet down the road and I hear a heart-stopping sound as one of the chunks, ashphalt as it turns out, bounces off my Mother*& %$ing HOOD!!!!!!!

I looked in my mirror only to find 3 upstanding young men stylishly dressed in white t-shirts high-fiving each other and pointing and laughing at their handiwork.

I immediately called the state police (since it's an interstate) and they of course told me there was no shot in hell of picking these kids out of the thousands dressed just like that in the area.

So...our Shelby is no longer a virgin.

I need to know if it's aluminum or not because that will help me decide whether to repair it or replace it.

Yes, I'm sick about it. My wife is livid. Somehow, somewhere, someone was allowed to procreate and these delinquents are the result of their handiwork. God forbid these kids be doing anything to make this world a slightly better place. Can you even fathom what has to go through someone's mind as they do this?
Are they TRYING to kill someone? What is it that they wish to accomplish in this action? Is it the thrill of being a "bad boy"? (They should be thrilled I'm no longer a cop.)

On one hand, I am so incredibly hurt and disheartened after waiting a year for this car and for all it means to us. On the other hand, Shelby just got a middle name. SC no longer stands for supercharger, it stands for Shelby Christine and she's PISSED OFF!!!

Be careful out there.

bj
Should be legal to shoot at them punks when they do this. I would be keeping an ear out because you know they will brag to friends about it. How far from your home?

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident

Hood is Aluminum. You will also have to replace the intake vents as mandatory replacement after removal.

Someone gotta go stomp on their xbox.

Would you recognize any of them?

I would watch area for them as you know its not the first and not going to be the last

·
Registered
888 Posts
I know you have to be heartbroken, bj. Don't know what to say other than I am terribly sorry it had to happen to you. It would be comforting to know that those creeps could be found and castrated!

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you have to be heartbroken, bj. Don't know what to say other than I am terribly sorry it had to happen to you. It would be comforting to know that those creeps could be found and castrated!
Yeah...the state cop said it all "Hmmm, let's see, 3 black males between 13-16 years of age and all in their 'whitey T-s', yep I'm sure well get them tonight".

It woudn't matter if they're black, white or pink....the 'whitey T' thing is worn for one reason only...anonymity. They'll never find them. They're lucky they were on a bridge that couldn't be accessed from the interstate. I'd have grabbed the little bastards, beaten them within an inch of their lives and thrown them in my roomy trunk and taken them to the police station. It was the least I could do for them given that they'd just unfortunately taken that fall from the bridge and were clearly injured. And I sure there was a hospital in the 87 miles I drove before finding a police station, but I was so concerned for their well-being that I just couldn't see one...I was in shock.

bj

·
Registered
154 Posts
BJ, I actually got chills reading your story! So sorry to hear it.:( "Chunks of asphalt", thank God they didn't hit your windshield and cause you harm! Too many peolpe nationwide have been hurt/killed by $^%%*&%! stunts like this! :mad: Sad testament to our society. I feel your pain :(

Scott

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This just proves my long-held belief...people suck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
At least take comfort in the fact that you're a contributing member to society, which these losers have no hope of ever becoming. They will probably end up on drugs, unemployed, with several bastard kids running around doing the same things they are doing right now. Don't be mad at them ... just feel sorry for them. Then fix your sweet car and continue to enjoy the heck out of it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts