Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

961 - 975 of 975 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,422 Posts
Funny story, when I called my insurance agent and told him I needed to add my 2013 Shelby GT500 to my policy. After I gave him the Vin number, he called me back and said the only thing he could find coming up was a Mustang. 😂
Same thing for my GT350. Shows Mustang; Erie Insurance.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Same thing for my GT350. Shows Mustang; Erie Insurance.
Does the premium cost/price reflect "Mustang" or "Shelby"........and the payout for damage or total loss? <<That is the question?

When I insured my 2008 GT500, they knew by VIN what model of Mustang it was, it is still listed as "2008 Mustang" on my policy today, but they knew that the value was way beyond "Mustang" when they gave me a policy quote.

................and I guess I should also mention that when I first insured my 2008 Mustang (Shelby GT500) with Heacock collector insurance when it was new, they only allowed my "then new" 2008 Mustang to be insured under collector car insurance because it was a CSM'ed Super Snake, it would not have been considered under collector car insurance if it were just a 2008 Mustang.........so they know what the car is, no matter what "simple name/title" they attach to the policy binder.

R

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Does the premium cost/price reflect "Mustang" or "Shelby"........and the payout for damage or total loss? <<That is the question?

When I insured my 2008 GT500, they knew by VIN what model of Mustang it was, it is still listed as "2008 Mustang" on my policy today, but they knew that the value was way beyond "Mustang" when they gave me a policy quote.

................and I guess I should also mention that when I first insured my 2008 Mustang (Shelby GT500) with Heacock collector insurance when it was new, they only allowed my "then new" 2008 Mustang to be insured under collector car insurance because it was a CSM'ed Super Snake, it would not have been considered under collector car insurance if it were just a 2008 Mustang.........so they know what the car is, no matter what "simple name/title" they attach to the policy binder.

R
Yes the premium is commensurate with the actual vin defined options. It's simply listed as Mustang for simplicity in their forms.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yes the premium is commensurate with the actual vin defined options. It's simply listed as Mustang for simplicity in their forms.
If I remember correctly, my Florida DMV vehicle registration has an even more simple/generic description, I believe my 2008 Shelby GT500 is identified as "Ford, 2008, 2DR, Red" on the registration paper with no mention of Mustang or Shelby, that is simplicity.....

R

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,422 Posts
Funny how States have different ways to describe the vehicle being registered. I often see the color of the car being given as part of the car's description. In Maryland the color is not given as the thinking is that cars can be painted a different color, thus rendering the original registration description inaccurate.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
Michigan registration - Ford 2 door
State Farm - Ford Mustang
Me - I call it a Mustang

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #969

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
You are selling it short Tim... it is MORE than a Mustang! It is the mighty Shelby GT500! 🤟
I hear ya. But I don't call my F150, a Platinum either. They're both models according to Ford and me, I guess. If I had a Raptor or a TRX, I'd call them F150 or Ram. It's just how I've always done it.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
You're just shy and humble! :p
Maybe so.... It's certainly a nice car and I like seeing it in the garage but I'm also not over the moon with it. I've had almost as many Mustangs as Corvettes so I obviously like them. I'm not about to tie up close to or over 6 figures in a toy anymore so my new iron "performance" car selection is limited. I bought this car as an "emergency" second car since I whittled my garage down to 2 vehicles. Not the best choice. An SRT Grand Cherokee probably would have been a smarter choice for vehicle #2 for me. But I digress.....
I'm thrilled many/most here ARE over the moon with your cars(GT500 's and GT350' s). They are cool cars and I get a kick out you all going nutz over them.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
Maybe so.... It's certainly a nice car and I like seeing it in the garage but I'm also not over the moon with it. I've had almost as many Mustangs as Corvettes so I obviously like them. I'm not about to tie up close to or over 6 figures in a toy anymore so my new iron "performance" car selection is limited. I bought this car as an "emergency" second car since I whittled my garage down to 2 vehicles. Not the best choice. An SRT Grand Cherokee probably would have been a smarter choice for vehicle #2 for me. But I digress.....
I'm thrilled many/most here ARE over the moon with your cars(GT500 's and GT350' s). They are cool cars and I get a kick out you all going nutz over them.
Definitely over the moon about the GT500. And not apologetic about it one iota.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
Definitely over the moon about the GT500. And not apologetic about it one iota.
No need to be. I'm thrilled with anyone that is over the moon with the car or truck they own.

Many that I've owned were purchased for the experience of owning it. So that I didn't wonder what they would be like to own/drive it. I'm pushing somewhere around 100 cars and trucks over the years. There are only two that I would be sitting in the house and get out of my chair to open the garage door just to look at it. A 1970 Chevelle SS with a built 468, big cam, reverse manual valve body th400, 3" dumps that would set off car alarms idling through parking lots (30+ years ago). And my 32 Ford 3 Window Coupe (more recently). And, even those got sold.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No need to be. I'm thrilled with anyone that is over the moon with the car or truck they own.

Many that I've owned were purchased for the experience of owning it. So that I didn't wonder what they would be like to own/drive it. I'm pushing somewhere around 100 cars and trucks over the years. There are only two that I would be sitting in the house and get out of my chair to open the garage door just to look at it. A 1970 Chevelle SS with a built 468, big cam, reverse manual valve body th400, 3" dumps that would set off car alarms idling through parking lots (30+ years ago). And my 32 Ford 3 Window Coupe (more recently). And, even those got sold.
In my book, “everything is for sale if the buying price is right”....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

961 - 975 of 975 Posts