Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

861 - 880 of 911 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
I just can't read all 43 pages....... But is there mention of the Cobra II ?
I don’t recall if we discussed the Cobra II, but those were definitely Cobras. They were pre-SVT. The notable difference being they were not Shelby cars, which causes the confusion.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
So we're allowed to have a Cobra button in our car because the button on the steering wheel has a Cobra on it, but we can't call a car with 9 Cobra's on it a Cobra? Make sense to me.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #873
So we're allowed to have a Cobra button in our car because the button on the steering wheel has a Cobra on it, but we can't call a car with 9 Cobra's on it a Cobra? Make sense to me.
Yes, it will have a Cobra button and Cobra badges, but it is a Shelby GT500, not a Mustang Cobra.

Ford placed a prominent image, front and center, in the grill of the 2020 GT500.

It's a Cobra.
No, it is not. It does have a prominent Cobra badge though.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Ford placed a prominent image, front and center, in the grill of the 2020 GT500.

It's a Cobra.

Ford also made Ford Racing Headers for their 07-09 SVT COBRA (S) and they work great!

...Canadian🇨🇦 GTs were also branded COBRA by FORD because COBRAS and HOCKEY PUCKS are a winning combination. (y)

FORD made lots of COBRAS 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

·
Premium Member
119 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

It's a Cobra.
"It's a Cobra" refers to the image in the grill.

This kinda illustrates why we are STILL talking about this subject. Ford continues to put Cobras all over the GT500. Ford's intent is clear, they want the Cobra to be associated, even identified with the GT500. If they didn't they would just remove it.

As long as FORD puts Cobras on GT500s they will continue to be known as such.

861 - 880 of 911 Posts