Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Heritage Edition GT500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so back in July I had ordered a MP gt500, sadly that car was never built. The search for one has been frustrating and the greed has been unreal!! Dealers literally laughing in my face with respectable counter offers. (Almost ordered a hellcat) LOL. Yesterday I was tagged in a post for a Heritage edition, and bought the car. Was a special order car where the gentleman had to back out of due to something he has going on. Car is optioned beautifully and just left the plant! I should have the car before thanksgiving!! Has the most important options imo technology, handling, with the carbon dash which I was shocked to see cause it was not available when I ordered the purple car. Funny a dealer that wasn’t budging off price for a mp called me yesterday and dropped 6k, too late if it was a week ago I would’ve bought it but now I’m pretty excited about the HE. I guess owning a mystic or a color like it was just not meant to be.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Hello all, so back in July I had ordered a MP gt500, sadly that car was never built. The search for one has been frustrating and the greed has been unreal!! Dealers literally laughing in my face with respectable counter offers. (Almost ordered a hellcat) LOL. Yesterday I was tagged in a post for a Heritage edition, and bought the car. Was a special order car where the gentleman had to back out of due to something he has going on. Car is optioned beautifully and just left the plant! I should have the car before thanksgiving!! Has the most important options imo technology, handling, with the carbon dash which I was shocked to see cause it was not available when I ordered the purple car. Funny a dealer that wasn’t budging off price for a mp called me yesterday and dropped 6k, too late if it was a week ago I would’ve bought it but now I’m pretty excited about the HE. I guess owning a mystic or a color like it was just not meant to be.
Congratulations on your inbound car! You certainly replaced the purple with an epic color. Hope you’ll post pictures of your beauty when it arrives.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
Fantastic, congratulations!

It’s time to update your vehicle info under your screen name. Speaking of screen names… if you want to change it, send me a pm.

·
Premium Member
2022 Ford GT500 Oxford White
34 Posts
I was looking for Iconic Silver or Carbonized Gray, but at the time the area Ford dealerships had already run out their allocations and the ones they had already coming in were on a long wait list. I had almost given up when a dealership about an hour and a half away from me just happened to call and said they had an Oxford white with Blue Kona stripes come in.

I wasn't too interested in getting a white GT500 but the second I laid eyes on her, I was completely smitten. The white with the Kona stripes and red brake calipers and black accents just makes the car pop! Haven't regretted my purchase at all!

Glad to hear you were able to get a hold of a HE. Enjoy it to the max!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Congratulations! Glad everything worked out for you!

• Love
Reactions: HEShelby22

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking for Iconic Silver or Carbonized Gray, but at the time the area Ford dealerships had already run out their allocations and the ones they had already coming in were on a long wait list. I had almost given up when a dealership about an hour and a half away from me just happened to call and said they had an Oxford white with Blue Kona stripes come in.

I wasn't too interested in getting a white GT500 but the second I laid eyes on her, I was completely smitten. The white with the Kona stripes and red brake calipers and black accents just makes the car pop! Haven't regretted my purchase at all!

That’s a beautiful combination, I almost bought a cftp in that spec for msrp. But a cftp is a little more coin than I can chew atm. Regardless I would’ve been swapping the wheels anyway so I didn’t see the point. I’m happy it worked out for you. Some of these dealers really suck to deal with.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CTFP
119 Posts
Shame they didn't build your MP. There was a dealership near me that had both the HE and MP both CTFP and both with a 12k ADM. So I called and asked if they had the HE and they said yeah, so within a few hours I went to the bank, got the funds and made my way there. The important part was they didn't do deposits, it was first come first serve (First I heard of a dealer doing that) When I got there, a guy had purchased the HE within minutes of me arriving and only had the MP for sale. I had them bring it out in the sun and I was sold!

You're missing out :D

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shame they didn't build your MP. There was a dealership near me that had both the HE and MP both CTFP and both with a 12k ADM. So I called and asked if they had the HE and they said yeah, so within a few hours I went to the bank, got the funds and made my way there. The important part was they didn't do deposits, it was first come first serve (First I heard of a dealer doing that) When I got there, a guy had purchased the HE within minutes of me arriving and only had the MP for sale. I had them bring it out in the sun and I was sold!

You're missing out :D

View attachment 253186
Wow she’s a beauty, I was excited about this color of course it was the other way around for me and a dealer called me with a purple one right after saying they are at 94 from 100 msrp 89k same deal I did on the HE. I don’t want to back out of the deal at this point maybe down the line I pick up a used mp. But omg who drilled your bumper for the plate 😞😞😞

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,809 Posts
Got your PM. By the powers vested in me, you are no longer purple and shall from this moment forward be known as HEShelby22!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
11,985 Posts

You'll really learn to appreciate the white color. It doesn't show dirt as badly as darker cars. It polishes easily with no worries about swirl marks and stays cooler in the summer months. Every one of my past four Shelbys plus a Terminator have been white. Never regretted it. Also, the 1965 Shelby GT350 Mustang was only offered in white. Thus, a fitting tribute to the first and original Shelby Mustang.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,632 Posts

You lucked out and got the baddest of the baddest. And the fastest. White with blue stripes is the only way to go.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,809 Posts
Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
WOOOOHOOOO A Happy Thanksgiving it will be! Congratulations on finally receiving your Snake!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts