Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Yes, believe it or not, I sold the Shelby to set me up for my new baby. Been going back and forth on the best course of action to get to where I want to be, having considered all things. Made about $1,800 overall considering a trade in a previous deal. Money has already been transferred and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the "flipper" goes. Man I almost can't wait.

I won't let the cat out of the bag yet, but I'm currently working a transaction that I just can't resist. Oh, and you better believe that it a Shelby Cobra GT500 variant. Spitting Fangs!!!!!!! Yes, I'm never satified and you are correct.

Stay Tuned! JJ, I just logged in since yesterday and I'll check the PM.

flip

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Hi All. Yes, believe it or not, I sold the Shelby to set me up for my new baby. Been going back and forth on the best course of action to get to where I want to be, having considered all things. Made about $1,800 overall considering a trade in a previous deal. Money has already been transferred and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the "flipper" goes. Man I almost can't wait.

I won't let the cat out of the bag yet, but I'm currently working a transaction that I just can't resist. Oh, and you better believe that it a Shelby Cobra GT500 variant. Spitting Fangs!!!!!!! Yes, I'm never satified and you are correct.

Stay Tuned! JJ, I just logged in since yesterday and I'll check the PM.

flip
:eek: My guess is a Z06. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
:eek: My guess is a Z06. :D

I don't think that is a Shelby Cobra GT500 variant.I think he is talking about a Super Snake or a Shelby Cobra.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
.........or a 40th anniversary.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I don't think that is a Shelby Cobra GT500 variant.I think he is talking about a Super Snake or a Shelby Cobra.
OOOps. Just re-read that. If he was getting the Super Snake, I would think he would just have his GT500 converted. Must be a Cobra.:confused:

He is an energetic fella. That's our "Flipper".

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See what I'm talking about.:D :D :D Probably the wisest man on this board. How are you Fred? Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding (Definitely in the ball park).

Love It.

flip

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
See what I'm talking about.:D :D :D Probably the wisest man on this board. How are you Fred? Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding (Definitely in the ball park).

Love It.

flip
OK. I'll try another guess. A Saleen GT500 conversion.:D :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OOOps. Just re-read that. If he was getting the Super Snake, I would think he would just have his GT500 converted. Must be a Cobra.:confused:

He is an energetic fella. That's our "Flipper".
Harley, I seriously thought about that but even (what, about a month ago) when I said I wouldn't, still did. My wife tells me that all the time, "You eat your words." Seems like I do.

I just like being happy and already began to run out of patience. Well, you definitely have one thing right, it's a "COBRA".

Thanks

flip

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Love It.

flip

Hi Flip.I am getting excited just wondering what you are up to.I guess we'll find out when you want us too.Good luck in your s earch.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It was just weird. I haven't been on ebay looking at GT500's since I bought mine on there. So yesturday I just typed "GT500" in the search field and Pow there is flips car with 5 hours left on the bidding. I knwo he has some kinda of trick up his sleeve, can't wait to see it.

JJ

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ok Flip,here's my best guess if it isn't the SS or the 40th.You must be buying the fastest color(red)and you are going to put a 2.8 or 3.3 supercharger and new shoes to hook up with a new suspension package,of course.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Flip.I am getting excited just wondering what you are up to.I guess we'll find out when you want us too.Good luck in your s earch.
Thanks Fred. I wonder how much money Evo and Kenne put into their cars? Upwards of $30K would you say?

Hmmmmmmm, let me ask you Fred and everyone, if you had a pocket full of money (not bragging) and could go back and do it all over again, what would you guys do?

Thanks

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks Fred. I wonder how much money Evo and Kenne put into their cars? Upwards of $30K would you say?

Hmmmmmmm, let me ask you Fred and everyone, if you had a pocket full of money (not bragging) and could go back and do it all over again, what would you guys do?

Thanks

flip
Make sure it is exactly what I want!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok Flip,here's my best guess if it isn't the SS or the 40th.You must be buying the fastest color(red)and you are going to put a 2.8 or 3.3 supercharger and new shoes to hook up with a new suspension package,of course.
Fastest color (red)?????????????:eek: :eek: :eek: No, just jiving.:D Red is kool. Yet, the latter part of your statement is definitely true, if I decide to go that route. The best thing about it is, you guys know that it won't take me a long time to decide and go with my gut. Last 500 was in and out of the shop in about a week. From what's rattling around upstairs, I'm thinking the new setup will probably take about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks at most. This time next month if I choose the latter, granted Plan A doesn't work out, I plan on being in a monster!

Thanks

flip

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well by reading the last few posts, I would have to say that you are getting another GT500 but this time you are going to make it either twin turbo or maybe a kenne bell with nitrous? just my guess.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well by reading the last few posts, I would have to say that you are getting another GT500 but this time you are going to make it either twin turbo or maybe a kenne bell with nitrous? just my guess.
Wow, twin-turbo! Elite, now you are gonna have me up all night thinking about this as it never entered my mind. Twin-turbo, is that even doable?

I simply want something different (significantly), but wow - Remotely Possible? Have you ever heard of this combo before? Just asking but I think the Suppy Duppy will remain on. Maybe one more night of tossing and turning!

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wow, twin-turbo! Elite, now you are gonna have me up all night thinking about this as it never entered my mind. Twin-turbo, is that even doable?

I simply want something different (significantly), but wow - Remotely Possible? Have you ever heard of this combo before? Just asking but I think the Suppy Duppy will remain on. Maybe one more night of tossing and turning!

flip
I heard of someone doing a TT set up but never read in to it. I t might have been on stangsunleashed. If you do it, it would be all custom. Or maybe you could get with one of the big turbo companies go make something. Just and idea.

JJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts