Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Must be nice. I got a 05 gt, and am completely happy with it. It's too bad the the drivers here in Dallas suck ass, so half of the time I'm stuck behind some idiot, or dodging cops.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where in TX are you located Nemesis?? If anywhere NEAR Houston, the SCMC is having it's annual car show on Oct. 28 at Joe Myers Ford and it's open-track event on Nov. 11-12 at Motorsport Ranch-Houston. We already have one '07 Shelby signed up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Kemah. Unfortunately, my GT500 fell through but I'd love to check out those events. Hopefully 2007 will be my year!

-TJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where in TX are you located Nemesis?? If anywhere NEAR Houston, the SCMC is having it's annual car show on Oct. 28 at Joe Myers Ford and it's open-track event on Nov. 11-12 at Motorsport Ranch-Houston. We already have one '07 Shelby signed up.
Hey CasperCobra

I'm the '07 signed up for the MSRH event. My dealer had estimated a September/October delivery date back in July when we ordered it but that has now been pushed back to October (dealer said week of 9-16 build date) and it looks like a November delivery. :( I'm hoping to make the Nov. 11 but... somehow it seems unlikely. Boo-Hoo! The fact that the dealer is in Nebraska doesn't help the situation either.
But hey, I'm looking forward to the event either way. I'll bring the '96 if I have to or the '65 but I'd rather the '07 of course. I hope we're not all disappointed. But, at this point might I also encourage Nemesis to join us for a rip roaring time. Those track events are always a "hoot"!!!:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry, but Saturday, I'll be in South Carolina but, word has it that I may have the car by Nov. 4. That would be too cool. I'm gonna try to get some track tires before then, too. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in the Dallas area and have not seen a GT-500 on the road. Does anyone know if any have been delivered to Dallas? I have a 06-GT and am really happy with it but I am looking forward to getting the GT-500 but refuse to pay a HUGE PREMIUM!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just moved to the area, Plano, and have a Red Coupe. I stopped at the Ford dealer Saturday and the owner had his black convertible out and they have two Shelby GT's, one of each color with the white one being sold.

I live in the Dallas area and have not seen a GT-500 on the road. Does anyone know if any have been delivered to Dallas? I have a 06-GT and am really happy with it but I am looking forward to getting the GT-500 but refuse to pay a HUGE PREMIUM!!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Hey NemesisTG, I'd love to try those TEXAS wide open roads. You should come up to NE Pa. and try the winding roads that cover the hills around here. This Baby will hug these demanding roads like a tight glove...... Burn em up NemesisTG... :D :D :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think one of the members on this forum is a Dallasite. It's been a while since I was here so I forgot who it is so look around in here a little while. PS, there is an SVTOA open track event @ College Station's TWS March 31-Apr.1 and there are 3 GT500's signed up to be there. Come check it out if you have time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
do you know if non svtoa members are welcome to come observe the event. I wont be able to participate my work scheduale will only allow a few hours on sat.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh guys...no...spend the gas money...go to Fort Stockton and turn left, then you'll appreciate your GT500 down through Marathon, Alpine and the open empty roads down to Lajitas.
Wide open, stunning scenery and friendly people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts