Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Torch Red GT500, 2017 Lazer Red GT350R
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there I recently purchased a GT 500 with super snake trimmings the double opening Ram air hood is missing the grill inserts …I get a lot of dirt and dust in my engine bay…does anyone know where I can buy these I have searched frantically and cannot locate them anywhere on the web??
Thank you in advance
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,236 Posts
If you get no feedback, you could try ( www.customcargrills.com ), they sell sheets of different mesh material. Also check the scrap bin, material available @ less than a whole sheet, a lot cheaper.
They may even do custom work, loose nothing by calling..

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,521 Posts
Hello out there I recently purchased a GT 500 with super snake trimmings the double opening Ram air hood is missing the grill inserts …I get a lot of dirt and dust in my engine bay…does anyone know where I can buy these I have searched frantically and cannot locate them anywhere on the web??
Thank you in advance
View attachment 225420
I am not sure what brand Super Snake/GT500KR style hood that is, with the pronounced center divider it looks more GT500KR than Super Snake, but either way, the original Super Snake and GT500KR hoods were wide open with no grills or inserts in the ram air openings.........I also have a TruFiber GT500KR knock-off hood and it has no R/A inserts. Maybe a BMC knock-off?

Super Snake and GT500KR hood differences shown below......

R

·
Registered
2008 Torch Red GT500, 2017 Lazer Red GT350R
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure what brand Super Snake/GT500KR style hood that is, with the pronounced center divider it looks more GT500KR than Super Snake, but either way, the original Super Snake and GT500KR hoods were wide open with no grills or inserts in the ram air openings.........I also have a TruFiber GT500KR knock-off hood and it has no R/A inserts. Maybe a BMC knock-off?

Super Snake and GT500KR hood differences shown below......

R
Thank you for the Intel didn’t know the original super snakes were open I have the Cervini hood trying to stop the debris and road crud from getting into the engine bay thank you

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
4,521 Posts
Thank you for the Intel didn’t know the original super snakes were open I have the Cervini hood trying to stop the debris and road crud from getting into the engine bay thank you
If your hood is Cervini and they do not make inserts for that hood, you will probably have to mod something for the openings.

Below is a low photo I took when I was changing my park/turn lights from Amber to Clear, it shows a shot looking into the opening. At the rear of the opening is a plenum which directs air to the CAI.............On the Super Snake hood, the center divider is set back into the hood opening and does not protrude past the opening.........

^^^^^^^^^^Some of the aftermarket hoods direct air to the CAI and some are more for looks and just have the scoops with no ram air functionality to the CAI, it depends upon the aftermarket manufacturer as to what they incorporated into their specific hood design....

R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts