Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
Call me cheap but this is what I did. Sew 2 used, soft sheets together, toss it on the car. Works great, fully covers the car, it's soft, & the wife got new sheets outa the deal. Great for keeping the car dust free in the garage.
I've got two so far. About time she made a couple more.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Call me cheap but this is what I did. Sew 2 used, soft sheets together, toss it on the car. Works great, fully covers the car, it's soft, & the wife got new sheets outa the deal. Great for keeping the car dust free in the garage.

Cheapskate!!
Lol

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
Cheapskate!!
Lol
Yeah I know but it works great! And it even has stripes! Lots of them.
Stripes go longways with the car. And antenna grommet? We don't need no stinkin grommet..... Poke a lil hole in the sheet! :smile:

·
Moderator Dude!
28,248 Posts
Although the "cheap-sheets" will work to keep dust off the cars, the Interior Satin Stretch covers go way beyond basic dust covers... Let's say, for instance, an armadillo gets on your car and tries to moon walk or some other funky sheet. The Interior Satin Stretch covers are thick enough to resist armadillo dents/moon walk scratches and the cover is snug enough to stay locked on the car during said funky sheet maneuver.

Armadillo moon walk: :alfdance:

·
Premium Member
7,415 Posts
And antenna grommet? We don't need no stinkin grommet..... Poke a lil hole in the sheet! :smile:

Yea, I've been using old sheets for years, but don't know of anyone with good sewing skills, so I just have to use 2 or 3 sheets.......but that allows me to cover up the interior and backside after a cruise, and then the hood later on after the engine has cooled.....(there's always a silver lining in the cloud somewhere!)

And antenna grommet??.....We don't need no stinkin' ANTENNA!!!! :surprise: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I have the OE cover. Used it maybe three or four times. It even fits my 99 Mustang GT convertible. Then it looks like I have two Shelbys. Ha!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
so if my car does not sit outside do I really need need "double" covers for inside the garage or will the Satin Stretch keep it dust free?
Like everyone has said, you don't need both covers when used inside. I use the factory to protect the white satin stretch. It it were a dark color, I probably wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
CJ Pony parts has the satin stretch for $394.99 with the Shelby stripes, to match your car. Very nice piece, I have one for indoor storage. I also spent another $400 for the matching stormproof piece (similar to OE) for outside storage. I put the outdoor one over the indoor, when I have to store outside.

Mustang Coverking Car Cover Satin Stretch Shelby GT500 Coupe 2007-2009 | CJ Pony Parts

The without stripes is $319.99.
I want the red with white/stripes but 394.99 OUCH!!!

Anyone have a promo code to use with CJPONYPARTS?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I want the red with white/stripes but 394.99 OUCH!!!

Anyone have a promo code to use with CJPONYPARTS?
Yes they are pricey but worth it in my opinion. You get the stretch material on the outside with the stripes for the look, and the inside that touches the car is a fleece liner for added protection.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Venom - I recently sold my 2011 GT500 and I have a Coverking satin stretch cover for sale. It is solid blue and in perfect condition. It has the antenna sleeve & grommet and I am very confident that it properly fits your 2008. I'd like to get $250 out of it (it was $400 new). Let me know if you're interested.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,248 Posts
Venom - I recently sold my 2011 GT500 and I have a Coverking satin stretch cover for sale. It is solid blue and in perfect condition. It has the antenna sleeve & grommet and I am very confident that it properly fits your 2008. I'd like to get $250 out of it (it was $400 new). Let me know if you're interested.
Your antenna sleeve is in the back. The antenna for the 07-09 is in the front.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Here is the new member area:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/145-new-member-introductions/

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Doug, I'm gonna go find a couple of sheets to send you if you're willing to sew them up

Anyone else have a satin stretch for sale? Need the 07-09 version

·
Registered
153 Posts
$400 for an indoor car cover? Sorry that's insanely expensive.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts