Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Magnetic Metallic
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I'm looking for one factory GT500 aluminum wheel in excellent condition, but willing to consider less-than-excellent condition. Please PM what you have and how you would like to get paid.

Thanks!

- Mike

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang GT500
64 Posts
You should specify if you are looking for front or rear wheel as they have different backspacing.

There are a couple available on eBay.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should specify if you are looking for front or rear wheel as they have different backspacing.

There are a couple available on eBay.
Thanks for the input but I can only find one part number for the wheel - JR3Z-1007-C - and none of the online catalogs, including the official Ford catalog, differentiate between a front or rear aluminum wheel.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
Thanks for the input but I can only find one part number for the wheel - JR3Z-1007-C - and none of the online catalogs, including the official Ford catalog, differentiate between a front or rear aluminum wheel.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting that...now I'm at a loss to understand why the parts catalogs don't list different front and rear part numbers.

I'm looking for a front.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang GT500
64 Posts
The other thing to note on the aluminum wheels is that the valve stem location is also different on the front compared to the rear. I suspect they did this as a quick visual indication to easily identify the front from the rear.

The front wheel valve stem location:

The rear valve stem location:

·
Registered
2020 GT500 / 2016 GT350
70 Posts
The other thing to note on the aluminum wheels is that the valve stem location is also different on the front compared to the rear. I suspect they did this as a quick visual indication to easily identify the front from the rear.

The front wheel valve stem location:
View attachment 213563

The rear valve stem location:
View attachment 213564
That’s a cool thing I never noticed. Thanks for the share.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
Wheel sourced.

@Goose17 - do you want to change the topic to indicate that this is closed?
Done! I think you could have done it by clicking the 3 dots. Where did you find a wheel?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done! I think you could have done it by clicking the 3 dots.
Darn it...had no idea; most forums don't allow users to change topics but will remember in the future.

Where did you find a wheel?

Was reasonably priced, arrived quickly and is in as-described condition. I used the information that people posted in this thread to confirm that this was indeed a front, so thanks everyone for that (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts