Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ford GT 500 Shelby Ford Performance Blue
17 Posts
I’m not going to lie and admit I felt like I was gambling when I pulled the trigger on the Shelby. Having never driven one before yet alone any car with a DCT, I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into. What sold me was the countless reviews I read and watched where everyone praised it. Now that I have both, I feel I can make a fair assessment by saying the manual is still more fun but the DCT closes the gap even tighter, especially when compared to a normal slush box type transmission. I was very close to trading my Z06 in for the Shelby last year but couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was determined to own both so I kept putting money in my piggy bank until I was able to make it happen. Each are amazing cars and I’m very lucky and fortunate to own both.
You know when I went to look at my new Shelby I had second thoughts too but after I drove it I realized it was what I always wanted and never got its an awesome car i really enjoy it! If i`m having a somewhat bad day I go out for a blast in my and it really makes me feel better.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
761 Posts
I don't have a problem with EVs. If people like them, and they work for their needs, more power to them.
I have a problem with the government forcing them on us. In the same way I have a problem with the government forcing anything on us.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,467 Posts
I don't have a problem with EVs. If people like them, and they work for their needs, more power to them.
I have a problem with the government forcing them on us. In the same way I have a problem with the government forcing anything on us.
Well said! 🍻

·
Registered
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV
81 Posts
My daily driver is a Bolt EV. With all the Govt $, it was a free 36 month lease. 😁

Another interesting fact, Mach EV production outpaced mustang ICE production. Crazy indeed
Bolt EV FTW 🤘 I absolutely love mine. Best feeling ever driving past the gas stations 😎

·
Registered
2021 GT500
456 Posts
Bolt EV FTW 🤘 I absolutely love mine. Best feeling ever driving past the gas stations 😎

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Please fill me in on this free 36 month lease??? Govt incentives are that high for EVs? I’m interested!

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
405 Posts
I've driven hybrids and an EV since 2004. I'm ready to burn lots of gas. The Shelby uses premium and the truck I just bought does too. #BurnMoreGas

41 - 47 of 47 Posts