Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
185 Posts
I’m not going to lie and admit I felt like I was gambling when I pulled the trigger on the Shelby. Having never driven one before yet alone any car with a DCT, I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into. What sold me was the countless reviews I read and watched where everyone praised it. Now that I have both, I feel I can make a fair assessment by saying the manual is still more fun but the DCT closes the gap even tighter, especially when compared to a normal slush box type transmission. I was very close to trading my Z06 in for the Shelby last year but couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was determined to own both so I kept putting money in my piggy bank until I was able to make it happen. Each are amazing cars and I’m very lucky and fortunate to own both.
I totally get you and this is exactly why I kept my CTS V when I got the gt500. That dct when your ripping off shifts taking turns and what not is a blast.

·
Registered
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV
81 Posts
I totally get you and this is exactly why I kept my CTS V when I got the gt500. That dct when your ripping off shifts taking turns and what not is a blast.
I feel like I am still getting acquainted with the Shelby having only 800 miles on the odo so far but yes, the quickness of the shifts is mind blowing. I have never experienced anything like this before, at least in real life. I’ve got a racing rig gaming setup and at times the shifts in the game actually feel slower.

I guess to keep it on topic, it’s easy to say this car is worth every penny of it’s suggested retail price plus more which is exactly why they sell for what they do 😎 Ford nailed it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would wait till year end or 2022 when all this chip and supply shortage corrects itself. Right now everything is hyper inflated. Last year when 2020 came to an end you saw some dealers come down on their ADMs or let go of some base models at MSRP

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue GT500
44 Posts
Hello

I am new here to this forum m. But I am looking for a new GT500 for MSRP if anyone have information please let me know. Thank you
This is not really a good time to be buying a new car no matter the car. The semiconductor shortage is driving up car prices as you probably already know. Back in January I found 4 different dealerships selling a new base model (non-CFTP) at MSRP. Each one of these cars was a 2020 model and I was buying in January of this year. I looked for several months prior and there were none at MSRP. All of sudden a new year hit and there were 4. You may want to wait until January. The chip shortage may prevent my situation from happening in January of 2022. Right now Vroom offered me $6,300 above MSRP for my GT500. My local Ford dealership sold a new base GT500 for $8k above MSRP back in May. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello

I am new here to this forum m. But I am looking for a new GT500 for MSRP if anyone have information please let me know. Thank you
Yet you can’t even find a new one at MSRP? This will get worse, get one while you can.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,467 Posts
Yet you can’t even find a new one at MSRP? This will get worse, get one while you can.
If I was in the market for a base and found one for +$5k, I’d jump on it in a heartbeat. Same for a CFTP at +$10k. Those will be tough to find right now though.

As for the forecast... could go either way. Demand is high for these cars and supply is limited. We might see a correction across the board though on all vehicle prices. The current rate of prices increase might not be sustainable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I was in the market for a base and found one for +$5k, I’d jump on it in a heartbeat. Same for a CFTP at +$10k. Those will be tough to find right now though.

As for the forecast... could go either way. Demand is high for these cars and supply is limited. We might see a correction across the board though on all vehicle prices. The current rate of prices increase might not be sustainable.
yeah the average right now is $10k over for base and $15k for CFTP. I did find a CFTP for $115k without painted stripes. I’m still keeping my eye on the market, especially at year end and when the 2022s come out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To give you an idea of prices - I called my dealer a couple weeks ago and told him to give me back 10K off the loaner and I'd take it and give up my 2021 that's being delivered any day now. He laughed and said he would sell my loaner with 2k miles and a replacement tranny for over what I paid for it new. Ran into a guy who bought a 2021 Anti-Matter Blue CFTP for $120k. Best he could find....

A dealer in Pa who has an identical car to mine wants $130k for a base! I paid 90k out the door with a extended warranty and then got 5k back for my 2020 troubles. So I backed into a MSRP deal. But MSRP will be hard to find - maybe if there's one on a lot in November maybe....
OP^^^^ was my experience. I looked for several months, across the entire US. I was laughed at when I said I will pay MSRP. The only way I could get one at sticker was if I had one fully loaded, which was near 100k. After many attempts, I realized 100k or more for a Mustang that will only going to see track duty was too much. I ended up getting a very lightly used GT350, and absolutely LOVE the Voodoo motor and 8250 RPMs. The handling is fantastic. And it's light, with tons of room to shed weight even more. If the GT500 stole even 50% of the GT350, the 500 has got to be freaking amazing.

But for now, I will wait until used GT500's start showing up. Just wish they stuck a turbo on the Voodoo instead of the SC and losing flat plane/redline north of 8000 RPMs.

Good Luck OP, I hope you find some success in your search!

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,916 Posts
Another issue that I've come across is bigger dealers are buying allocations from smaller dealers. Why sell at MSRP to an out-of-state customer when you can just hand over the allocation for profit? If you can find one, more power to you. I made an offer for what I was willing to pay to not have to roam the internet for a dealer that would do MSRP, then worry about transportation to pick it up or have it transported to you. I got burned on a '78 Z/28 by some dealer that agreed to a price and then sold to someone wanting to pay more. Not to mention the landscape has changed measurably with the plant closures. 2021 seems to be on a course for the lowest production quota of all the previous models. Ford sure seems to be cranking 'em out to catch up, however.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
OP^^^^ was my experience. I looked for several months, across the entire US. I was laughed at when I said I will pay MSRP. The only way I could get one at sticker was if I had one fully loaded, which was near 100k. After many attempts, I realized 100k or more for a Mustang that will only going to see track duty was too much. I ended up getting a very lightly used GT350, and absolutely LOVE the Voodoo motor and 8250 RPMs. The handling is fantastic. And it's light, with tons of room to shed weight even more. If the GT500 stole even 50% of the GT350, the 500 has got to be freaking amazing.

But for now, I will wait until used GT500's start showing up. Just wish they stuck a turbo on the Voodoo instead of the SC and losing flat plane/redline north of 8000 RPMs.

Good Luck OP, I hope you find some success in your search!
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your GT350, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
157 Posts

General motors Committed to sell (1) million EV’s by 2025, GM also committed to introduce #25 brand new EV models by 2025.
GM is experiencing Labor issues, supply issues, & even transportation shortages. The union is trying to get an exception on CBD testing. Apparently new hires fail the background test for this very reason. Redesigned 2022 Silverado models just got pushed back.

Every manufacture is experiencing the same issue.

EV adoption rate is at 5%, it is forecasted to go to 8% within two years. The chip shortage is supposed to continue for (2) years. How can the manufactures meet thier EV commitments w/o reducing ICE production?
There was a great segment on CNBC about this. As I said, “ it will get worse.”

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
How can the manufactures meet thier EV commitments w/o reducing ICE production?
We will see a gradual shift towards EVs, no doubt. I bet these perfect world targets don’t get met.

·
Registered
157 Posts
We will see a gradual shift towards EVs, no doubt. I bet these perfect world targets don’t get met.
CNBC seems to thinks Volkswagen will be the EV winner. They are highly underrated in the US market. Hyundai/Kia 7 billion dollar investment between the (2) brands. They just committed to sell (1) million EV’s by 2025 as well. It will come sooner than you think.
GM sold 39,000 EV’s last year.

Fact.. ICE production will decrease & EV production will increase. 91 octane is $5 a gallon in California. Consumers will run the the EV’s. One CNBC Analyst said, “the only way this will not happen is if gas becomes $1.50 a gallon.”

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don’t understand the craziness for these ev’s. I do not like the charge times or the range the things have even the best ones. I also don’t like the charger infrastructure. Its terrible unless you live in the communist state of California. Just wait time there are lines at the Chargers. Don’t say I didn’t warn everyone. Imagine a world where you’re at 40% battery Abs so you wanna go it top off to 100% but best you can hope for on the fly in 30 minutes or so is like 85-90%. So you get there you wait to get on the charger the wait you’re 30 minutes at the super charger and still aren’t completely full. If you had a ice engine you would top off and go in 5 minutes. No now you have to live your life around Chargers and chasing times. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don’t understand the craziness for these ev’s. I do not like the charge times or the range the things have even the best ones. I also don’t like the charger infrastructure. Its terrible unless you live in the communist state of California. Just wait time there are lines at the Chargers. Don’t say I didn’t warn everyone. Imagine a world where you’re at 40% battery Abs so you wanna go it top off to 100% but best you can hope for on the fly in 30 minutes or so is like 85-90%. So you get there you wait to get on the charger the wait you’re 30 minutes at the super charger and still aren’t completely full. If you had a ice engine you would top off and go in 5 minutes. No now you have to live your life around Chargers and chasing times. Ridiculous.
My daily driver is a Bolt EV. With all the Govt $, it was a free 36 month lease. 😁

Another interesting fact, Mach EV production outpaced mustang ICE production. Crazy indeed

·
Registered
185 Posts
My daily driver is a Bolt EV. With all the Govt $, it was a free 36 moth lease. 😁

Another interesting fact, Mach EV production outpaced mustang ICE production. Crazy indeed
I know because somehow Ford magically did not have a chip problem with their mach e production but they had a chip problem with everything else. Wonder how that worked out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know because somehow Ford magically did not have a chip problem with their mach e production but they had a chip problem with everything else. Wonder how that worked out.
GM-Hyundai posted record profits. With the reduction of incentivized $ Ford killed it last quarter as well.

Copy and pasted from CNN
Ford posted quarterly pretax earnings of $3.8 billion, a recordfor any quarter, aided by an all-time high North American margin of 12.9 percent.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
EVs are a tool. As any mechanic would advise, use the right tool for the job. My wife works a couple miles from home. She also bee-bops around town running errands/shopping. For her lifestyle, an EV would be the right tool for the job.

·
Registered
157 Posts
EVs are a tool. As any mechanic would advise, use the right tool for the job. My wife works a couple miles from home. She also bee-bops around town running errands/shopping. For her lifestyle, an EV would be the right tool for the job.
2022 Silverado 1500 EV will have a 400 mile range. They should be on the ground in Nov.
This will make you laugh, my Bolt & Shelby are both good for a 200 mile range hahahahahha.

·
Registered
185 Posts
2022 Silverado 1500 EV will have a 400 mile range. They should be on the ground in Nov.
This will make you laugh, my Bolt & Shelby are both good for a 200 mile range hahahahahha.
Yes only difference is when you’re Shelby needs a charge you stop and in 5 minutes your back to 200 miles of range. You’re bolt? Not so much.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts