Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am new here to this forum m. But I am looking for a new GT500 for MSRP if anyone have information please let me know. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,673 Posts
Hello

I am new here to this forum m. But I am looking for a new GT500 for MSRP if anyone have information please let me know. Thank you
Hi Mike. Welcome aboard! Feel free to introduce yourself here if you like:

Good luck w/ your search. Suggest looking at dealers outside the major metropolitan areas. Mike, where are you located generally? Also, are you looking to buy one in stock or are you placing an order?

MSRP is going to be tough, given the chip shortage issue, which, thankfully, seems to be trending in a better direction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike. Welcome aboard! Feel free to introduce yourself here if you like:

Good luck w/ your search. Suggest looking at dealers outside the major metropolitan areas. Mike, where are you located generally? Also, are you looking to buy one in stock or are you placing an order?

MSRP is going to be tough, given the chip shortage issue, which, thankfully, seems to be trending in a better direction.
I am currently trying to find one in stock if possible. Found some dealership have a 2020 left but they still want to do 15k over sticker in Texas

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,673 Posts
I am currently trying to find one in stock if possible. Found some dealership have a 2020 left but they still want to do 15k over sticker in Texas
Understood. In stock at MSRP is going to be a tall order given all the supply chain issues, but they are out there. If you are on Facebook, try joining one of the GT500 groups and post up there as well. Sometimes sales people will join and post up vehicles they have for sale.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. I tweaked your title with “WTB” so it doesn’t look like a sales ad. Finding one of these cars at MSRP right now is next to impossible. There is always a rare case that gives other hope, but the vast majority strike out in this hunt. Production interruptions have made things worse in this regard.

Good luck and happy hunting!

·
Registered
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV
80 Posts
I wanted MSRP too just like everybody else but ended up paying a few thousand in ADM because well, a few thousand ain’t squat in the grand scheme of things. Zero regrets. As they say, sh1t or get off the pot. Even then, it is extremely satisfying to see dealers asking for more money on used ones than what I paid for mine brand new. Whether or not they get what they are asking is up in the air but something tells me they will 🙂

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT 500 CFTP Iconic Silver
226 Posts
Hello

Good Luck hope you find one. Even Vroom offered me $6k over MSRP. But nothing out there with the performance for the money. So mine will probably stay

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
184 Posts
I was thinking of trading two cars recently for maybe going for something very silly but in the end decided not to. I’m keeping my gt500 and my v3. Anyway my gt500 msrp is 81k which is what I paid it’s a 21. I Negotiated 93,000 on a trade from a dealer which is actually more than that when you factor in the tax savings so go figure. But I decided to keep it for a while probably until whenever the new z06 comes out. The car is awesome to give up right now and so is my V.

·
Registered
21 GT500, carbonized grey, Kona Blue stripes, Tech Pack
14 Posts
I wanted MSRP too just like everybody else but ended up paying a few thousand in ADM because well, a few thousand ain’t squat in the grand scheme of things. Zero regrets. As they say, sh1t or get off the pot. Even then, it is extremely satisfying to see dealers asking for more money on used ones than what I paid for mine brand new. Whether or not they get what they are asking is up in the air but something tells me they will 🙂
5k Over? I've got one on order for MSRP but its not to be built till Sept with Delivery in Oct. Not much time to drive it then, so I'm contemplating spending a little more for one now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
5k Over? I've got one on order for MSRP but its not to be built till Sept with Delivery in Oct. Not much time to drive it then, so I'm contemplating spending a little more for one now.
4k - they originally asked for 5k but got them to knock off 1k by offering to finance half the amount (42k). I paid it in full the same day I received the statement since it was a 4.19% rate which I definitely ain’t paying.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats in advance... you are going to love it! 🤟

If you are up for introducing yourself and telling us what you ordered, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
443 Posts
You can indeed find an unused allocation at MSRP.... Last year I emailed 8 Ford dealers that were referred to me, only one emailed me back. I bought my car at MSRP from said dealer, and he will sell me my Lightning. I never stopped shopping, and if I didn’t have my car By now I’d totally have paid more for a few of the options came up... Sadly for the OP seems like nothing built, is available at MSRP.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats in advance... you are going to love it! 🤟

If you are up for introducing yourself and telling us what you ordered, you’ll find our new member area here:

I will say with 100% certainty when you do get one you will absolutely love it. Can’t say enough great things about the car. I’ve never owned such a well rounded performance car that is a Jack of all trades and master of all. Seriously. It’s that good. Good luck. 👍

·
Registered
80 Posts
But I decided to keep it for a while probably until whenever the new z06 comes out.
Definitely hanging onto my C7 Z06 for now but know I will be itching to swap it for the C8 when it comes out. Hopefully they still offer the manual but I’d still buy one even if it’s only DCT like the GT500 😎

·
Registered
184 Posts
Definitely hanging onto my C7 Z06 for now but know I will be itching to swap it for the C8 when it comes out. Hopefully they still offer the manual but I’d still buy one even if it’s only DCT like the GT500 😎
Had a Callaway z06 with manual fantastic car. Loved it and still regret selling it. Sold it this past January. That said if I hadn’t sold that I never would have gotten to try out the gt500 and I’m very happy I did. Cars a blast and I don’t miss my manual in the z that much. Sometimes but mostly I love the dct. As I explain to people the car is awesome and the dct is the icing on the cake. Dct in the c8 also just as good from what I can tell as well. Looking forward to it in the new z but no rush enjoying the gt500 right now.

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
178 Posts
To give you an idea of prices - I called my dealer a couple weeks ago and told him to give me back 10K off the loaner and I'd take it and give up my 2021 that's being delivered any day now. He laughed and said he would sell my loaner with 2k miles and a replacement tranny for over what I paid for it new. Ran into a guy who bought a 2021 Anti-Matter Blue CFTP for $120k. Best he could find....

A dealer in Pa who has an identical car to mine wants $130k for a base! I paid 90k out the door with a extended warranty and then got 5k back for my 2020 troubles. So I backed into a MSRP deal. But MSRP will be hard to find - maybe if there's one on a lot in November maybe....

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,673 Posts
Had a Callaway z06 with manual fantastic car. Loved it and still regret selling it. Sold it this past January. That said if I hadn’t sold that I never would have gotten to try out the gt500 and I’m very happy I did. Cars a blast and I don’t miss my manual in the z that much. Sometimes but mostly I love the dct. As I explain to people the car is awesome and the dct is the icing on the cake. Dct in the c8 also just as good from what I can tell as well. Looking forward to it in the new z but no rush enjoying the gt500 right now.
Thanks for sharing this. You covered many of the thoughts that have been playing through my mind for months. I have 2013 Callaway with a manual and am planning on selling it. Just came to that decision within the last month as the arrival of my 2021 GT500 became imminent. Like you, I think sometimes I'll miss the manual but for the most part I'll be able to live without it, especially when driving in and around ATL, and especially when doing some more spirited driving. Frankly, I think the DCT will enable me to become a better driver.

Reactions: 2112 and Goose17

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. You covered many of the thoughts that have been playing through my mind for months. I have 2013 Callaway with a manual and am planning on selling it. Just came to that decision within the last month as the arrival of my 2021 GT500 became imminent. Like you, I think sometimes I'll miss the manual but for the most part I'll be able to live without it, especially when driving in and around ATL, and especially when doing some more spirited driving. Frankly, I think the DCT will enable me to become a better driver.
The dct is really pretty amazing. I think you will enjoy it,

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’m not going to lie and admit I felt like I was gambling when I pulled the trigger on the Shelby. Having never driven one before yet alone any car with a DCT, I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into. What sold me was the countless reviews I read and watched where everyone praised it. Now that I have both, I feel I can make a fair assessment by saying the manual is still more fun but the DCT closes the gap even tighter, especially when compared to a normal slush box type transmission. I was very close to trading my Z06 in for the Shelby last year but couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was determined to own both so I kept putting money in my piggy bank until I was able to make it happen. Each are amazing cars and I’m very lucky and fortunate to own both.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts