Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys .. been a mustang owner all my life .. have had 5 so far .. recently sold my Cobra and thought id treat myself to a GT500 .. I have 25k cash to spend … Hopefully someone in NJ is looking to move up to a 2020 :) and wants me to take care of their older model …

Serious buyer here … please let me know what you have …

Looking forward to joining this family ..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,066 Posts
anyone ? Guess I could travel a little as well for the right car
Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your hunt. Yes, I’d recommend expanding your search. You can always fly out and drive the car home or simply have it shipped. I have done both.

What year Cobra did you have?

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure .. I sold a pretty mint 97 Cobra … have always been curious how folks fly out and drive cars home without registration etc …

·
Registered
2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Torch Red w/Nav
52 Posts
I flew out to Syracuse, New York last year for my 2010 GT500. I drove it all the way back to Idaho with no plates/registration. Each state law is different. As long as you drive prudently and have the title/bill of sale, I think law enforcement will let you continue on your way without a citation. My drive home was uneventful with no problems. I do not recommend leaving previous owners plates on the car, thats a huge red flag for law enforcement. Just my 2cents.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,066 Posts
Sure .. I sold a pretty mint 97 Cobra … have always been curious how folks fly out and drive cars home without registration etc …
You have a couple options... you can visit the DMV where you are buying the car and get a temp tag quite cheaply. Another option is to just use the license plate to drive the car home and then mail it to the seller, with any toll fees you incurred. This is what the buyer of my base model did.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,120 Posts
I flew out to Syracuse, New York last year for my 2010 GT500. I drove it all the way back to Idaho with no plates/registration. Each state law is different. As long as you drive prudently and have the title/bill of sale, I think law enforcement will let you continue on your way without a citation. My drive home was uneventful with no problems. I do not recommend leaving previous owners plates on the car, thats a huge red flag for law enforcement. Just my 2cents.
Hey what a small world. You bought my buddy Bill's car. He is in Marcy NY. I recognize it from the avatar. He took really hood care of it. I am sure you are enjoying it.

Reactions: Risky911

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow good to know …. with that being said some one sell me their GT500 LOL … saw one in NJ listed on Facebook and the guy has not returned any of my calls lol ? Seems like some folks want to sell their car until someone actually wants to buy it then they get cold feet …

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,066 Posts
Still looking .. going to see a terminator this weekend but was hoping to see a GT500 as well
There are quite members that have previously or currently own Terminators on the forum. I have had 3 and still have 1. What’s the info on the one you are going to look at?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Got a 07 Shelby for sale in MASS - 11k miles, I'm asking $32,900 which may be more than you want to spend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts