Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Hey, that's super valuable car much like dollar bills with a printing mistake.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,074 Posts
That’s crazy!

Contact your dealer and have them contact the regional rep. Send them a picture clear enough to read the signature and hopefully they send a GT500 plate with the same signature. Here are the stamps at the factory:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s crazy!

Contact your dealer and have them contact the regional rep. Send them a picture clear enough to read the signature and hopefully they send a GT500 plate with the same signature. Here are the stamps at the factory:

View attachment 195808
if he put the wrong plate on, I’m wondering what else is wrong, also Fords shipping process for this car was terrible. It must have changed hands between convoy, rail, ramps back to multiple convoys due to trucking mechanical failure so many times, I’m surprised the car didn’t have major damage. I would have paid a higher destination charge to have it shipped directly from the plant. I had some scrapes on the rear lower plate near the exhaust tips. Thanks I’ll call the dealer later on. Bob

·
#1 Mike!
8,789 Posts
Just probably a production glitch. I'd get a new one from Flat Rock and hold onto the old one. If they wanted it back, I'd say, Nay Nay! Yes, Ford's system of transporting vehicles to the dealership has a lot to be desired! All kinds of weird things happen to vehicles during their serpentine trips to the dealerships!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
if he put the wrong plate on, I’m wondering what else is wrong, also Fords shipping process for this car was terrible. It must have changed hands between convoy, rail, ramps back to multiple convoys due to trucking mechanical failure so many times, I’m surprised the car didn’t have major damage. I would have paid a higher destination charge to have it shipped directly from the plant. I had some scrapes on the rear lower plate near the exhaust tips. Thanks I’ll call the dealer later on. Bob
The GT350 engines are assembled in the same area as the GT500 engines. The engine plates are identical other than the model I.D.. So whomever stamped the plate didn't notice the difference and the plate got installed. Like Tim said, get with your dealer for a replacement. Let us know how it all works out.

Congratulations on the car.
Earl

·
Registered
251 Posts
if he put the wrong plate on, I’m wondering what else is wrong...
Hey, it could be worse than just the engine build plate!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I would get a new one, but keep that one on your engine. It's part of your cars history and it's a great conversation starter.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I would definitely hold on to it! My '65 has a rare double stamped VIN. I don't think it increases the value of the car but it is an accepted oddity among the classics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts