Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in October last year I bought a modded GT500, pulley Kooks LTH and X stock mufflers.

When I bought it someone had changed the stripes to orange and I did not like this so I spent a long few days removing them. The factory side strips were under the orange ones except the GT500 part on the front fender. I want to replace that part with as close to stock as I can.

I also want to have stripes added back to the car. This came with the flat black 8” dual over the top stripes. Would it be worth ordering the stock stripes and having someone replace them or just hire someone to make them?

I am in the Dallas Texas area and would like to have this done soon.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Back in October last year I bought a modded GT500, pulley Kooks LTH and X stock mufflers.

When I bought it someone had changed the stripes to orange and I did not like this so I spent a long few days removing them. The factory side strips were under the orange ones except the GT500 part on the front fender. I want to replace that part with as close to stock as I can.

I also want to have stripes added back to the car. This came with the flat black 8” dual over the top stripes. Would it be worth ordering the stock stripes and having someone replace them or just hire someone to make them?

Being in the DFW area, you are in luck! Big Worm Graphix is on the western side of the metroplex. They are a big supplier and installer of Mustang stripes.

·
Registered
2014, GT500, PP & TP, Cortex suspension
194 Posts

I had found out that Ford has what are called repair kits. It helps paint/body repair shops obtain just the portions that they need to repair damage on a vehicle. It is an exact factory match stripe, because it is the factory striping. Most any paint shop has access to these kits. You probably can find through some online Ford parts sites as well.

Reactions: shamelin73

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,856 Posts
I also want to have stripes added back to the car. This came with the flat black 8” dual over the top stripes. Would it .
OEM stripes are pricey, tapered, 10" @ the narrow end, 11" in the trunk area. Flat black stripes require more care to keep them looking good..

·
Registered
2014 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had found out that Ford has what are called repair kits. It helps paint/body repair shops obtain just the portions that they need to repair damage on a vehicle. It is an exact factory match stripe, because it is the factory striping. Most any paint shop has access to these kits. You probably can find through some online Ford parts sites as well.
I did find them on a few sites and yes they are $$$

·
Registered
2014 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being in the DFW area, you are in luck! Big Worm Graphix is on the western side of the metroplex. They are a big supplier and installer of Mustang stripes.

Thank you I have heard of them. I have emailed them and hope they will be available to get this done.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,257 Posts
I would have them made or go with an aftermarket option like Big Worm Graphix. I peeled the stock stripes from my GT350 and used the stripe kit from Big Worm and it was pre-cut for all of the pieces and panels and was easy to install. On my GT500 I had them made custom and utilized a 2014 inspired side stripe option but on a 2009. It also allowed me to get better coverage out of the stripes and eliminated the gaps that the factory stripes had where the panels met.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I did find them on a few sites and yes they are $$$
So the stripes are not exactly flat in color as well as not being straight cut pieces. They have a lot of "body" to them. They are a bit of a metallic charcoal. I had this portion replaced due to someone not liking how clean the car was. When paint repair was made, they ordered this kit and replaced the "removed for painting" section only. I believe it was around $200 - $300 dollars. I think I have the leftover box from unneeded portions. If I find it I will give part number. This part number may not be what you need exactly but will give an idea of how to acquire the like part that you may need.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
194 Posts
So the stripes are not exactly flat in color as well as not being straight cut pieces. They have a lot of "body" to them. They are a bit of a metallic charcoal. I had this portion replaced due to someone not liking how clean the car was. When paint repair was made, they ordered this kit and replaced the "removed for painting" section only. I believe it was around $200 - $300 dollars. I think I have the leftover box from unneeded portions. If I find it I will give part number. This part number may not be what you need exactly but will give an idea of how to acquire like part they you may need.

Found it. Part number is AR3Z-632000-AB.

Read the usage part carefully as they are quite specific for your needs. They have portions of stripes damaged kits available as they are very high quality and therefor expensive as an entire kit. This number that I provided was for the Right Hand lower door/front fender/rear fender only. It is for the GT500 stripes. If you just need the GT500 portion, save the rest of the kit for other future needs.

·
Registered
194 Posts

So I reviewed your post to try to understand which stripe kit you may specifically need. The part that I provided was for the passenger side lower rocker panel stripe kit from front fender across the lower door and onto the rear fender. This is purchased as a kit. If the portion you require is for the drivers side, then the part number looks to be the same as the other number except for one digit. If driver side then AR3Z-6320001-AB will be the part number that you require.

It looks like either part will be less than $150. If both sides are required, about double the cost.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
I personally would go with aftermarket stripes vs adding expensive OEM stripes again.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I personally would go with aftermarket stripes vs adding expensive OEM stripes again.
Can aftermarket stripes be made and applied for under $200? I thought they were around 10 times this price at least and more for installation and of unknown quality and applied to unspecific standards. If someone only needs a little piece to make whole, I think it would be in their best interests to have the excellent quality and durability of the OEM provided pieces at a tiny fraction of the cost associated with a complete replacement. I know that in my case it was an exact match and I felt fortunate to find the vendor who supplied Ford with the parts and discuss the super high quality of the stock stripe kit. It was impressive to hear from a vendor.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Can aftermarket stripes be made and applied for under $200? I thought they were around 10 times this price at least and more for installation and of unknown quality and applied to unspecific standards. If someone only needs a little piece to make whole, I think it would be in their best interests to have the excellent quality and durability of the OEM provided pieces at a tiny fraction of the cost associated with a complete replacement. I know that in my case it was an exact match and I felt fortunate to find the vendor who supplied Ford with the parts and discuss the super high quality of the stock stripe kit. It was impressive to hear from a vendor.
That was directed at shamelin, who wants to put stripes back on a car that had them removed. If replacing one piece or a section, I would go with the OEM stripes. If replacing quite a bit or all, I’d go aftermarket.

Reactions: mavisky

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,257 Posts
That was directed at shamelin, who wants to put stripes back on a car that had them removed. If replacing one piece or a section, I would go with the OEM stripes. If replacing quite a bit or all, I’d go aftermarket.
This 100%.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2014 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thank you and have talked with them. I can get the stripe kit from them but they do not have an installer at this time. I would need to find an installer unless this is something I could fo but would rather someone that has experience doing this type of work.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the stripes are not exactly flat in color as well as not being straight cut pieces. They have a lot of "body" to them. They are a bit of a metallic charcoal. I had this portion replaced due to someone not liking how clean the car was. When paint repair was made, they ordered this kit and replaced the "removed for painting" section only. I believe it was around $200 - $300 dollars. I think I have the leftover box from unneeded portions. If I find it I will give part number. This part number may not be what you need exactly but will give an idea of how to acquire the like part that you may need.
What portions do you happen to have. All I need for the sides is the GT500 front fender parts for the driver and passenger sides. Doors and rear fender are still on the car.
I found them here but to get the whole care seems expensive. AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

·
Registered
194 Posts
What portions do you happen to have. All I need for the sides is the GT500 front fender parts for the driver and passenger sides. Doors and rear fender are still on the car.
I found them here but to get the whole care seems expensive. AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I only have the portion which goes on the rear fender behind the door on the passenger side. How much striping do you need to complete the work? I am sure you looked at the two items that I posted earlier which show about $129 for one side and $132 for the other. I was under the impression that these were the only items left for you to complete. The same site shows other partial kits available to complete depending on how much striping is in need of repair/replacement. For my repair, I needed the GT500 and the door striping, which left the small section that goes from door to front of rear passenger tire.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need the GT500 parts for the 2 front fenders and complete dual over the top from the front to the rear.

The side stripes on the doors and rear fenders are good minus the GT500 on the fenders.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Thank you and have talked with them. I can get the stripe kit from them but they do not have an installer at this time. I would need to find an installer unless this is something I could fo but would rather someone that has experience doing this type of work.
A PPF shop should be able to install stripes. I’ve used Speed Shield in Addison.

Reactions: shamelin73
1 - 20 of 21 Posts