Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I said in my first post the car will serve three purposes. Weekend driver with some long distance trips planned, Drag racer and company marketing tool.

I have put together a list of some equipment but as I have not done this before, I would like suggestions on it, or replacements for it that might be better.

I want to start putting the modification equipment together this fall, so as to everything else I do, this is basically a part of my business plan.

I would like to build a base line car, that I can improve on (et at the track). Quick and fast, but not at the expense of driving it on holidays down the California coast.

One thing I would like to keep away from is buying equipment, then finding it will not work with future modifications if I go in that direction, in other words a Cat back system that will not work with the best headers.

I will go over tires, rims, safety equipment and other racing equipment later.

Performance

Steeda Ultimate Power Pac

• Cold Air Kit
• Supercharger pulley
• Steeda/SCT XCalibrator 3 w/tunes
• High Capacity Heat exchanger

They rate this as 120 HP - 100 torque

What suggestions do you have for the exhaust taking into account the tune. Although I am not that concerned with the dollar amount, it would be nice to get the best bang for the buck. I don’t really want to spend a couple of thousand dollars for 10 hp, is what I mean.

Handling

Steeda Handling Pak, for the road portion of my driving
• Steeda Sport Springs
• Tokico D Spec Shocks & Struts
• Steeda Rear Swaybar
• Steeda Front Swaybar
• Steeda Double Bar Strut Tower Brace

Drag racing

Steeda Billet Rear control arms
Steeda Adjustable Street Upper control arms
Steeda Upgrade Kit for Comp/Street
Steeda Adjustable panhard bar

·
Registered
191 Posts
As I said in my first post the car will serve three purposes. Weekend driver with some long distance trips planned, Drag racer and company marketing tool.

I have put together a list of some equipment but as I have not done this before, I would like suggestions on it, or replacements for it that might be better.

I want to start putting the modification equipment together this fall, so as to everything else I do, this is basically a part of my business plan.

I would like to build a base line car, that I can improve on (et at the track). Quick and fast, but not at the expense of driving it on holidays down the California coast.

One thing I would like to keep away from is buying equipment, then finding it will not work with future modifications if I go in that direction, in other words a Cat back system that will not work with the best headers.

I will go over tires, rims, safety equipment and other racing equipment later.

Performance

Steeda Ultimate Power Pac

• Cold Air Kit
• Supercharger pulley
• Steeda/SCT XCalibrator 3 w/tunes
• High Capacity Heat exchanger

They rate this as 120 HP - 100 torque

What suggestions do you have for the exhaust taking into account the tune. Although I am not that concerned with the dollar amount, it would be nice to get the best bang for the buck. I don’t really want to spend a couple of thousand dollars for 10 hp, is what I mean.

Handling

Steeda Handling Pak, for the road portion of my driving
• Steeda Sport Springs
• Tokico D Spec Shocks & Struts
• Steeda Rear Swaybar
• Steeda Front Swaybar
• Steeda Double Bar Strut Tower Brace

Drag racing

Steeda Billet Rear control arms
Steeda Adjustable Street Upper control arms
Steeda Upgrade Kit for Comp/Street
Steeda Adjustable panhard bar
If I was going to start again I would go with:

L&M plenum & TB
Steeda or JLT CAI
Steeda 2.6" pulley
Steeda tensioner
Revan Racing heat exchanger with fans
Bassani x-pipe and off-road cats

FRPP suspension
Fays2 Watts link
Steeda LCA and adj UCA
1 piece driveshaft and loop/cage

One suggestion though is to decide if that is where you are stopping with HP....if you plan on going higher do it in one shot as some of the parts become low mileage throw aways...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and maybe that is a good direction for the post.

For those that have done it already, if you could start again, what would you do different?

I would think that 650 to 700 HP will be it for me.

If I wanted to go faster than that will get the car, I am probably going to work on delivering the power to the ground, from the clutch to the tires and everything in between.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks, and maybe that is a good direction for the post.

For those that have done it already, if you could start again, what would you do different?

I would think that 650 to 700 HP will be it for me.

If I wanted to go faster than that will get the car, I am probably going to work on delivering the power to the ground, from the clutch to the tires and everything in between.
Whipple, KB or TVS with an updated TB and bigger injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts