Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those Shelby owners who live in the northern states what are your plans during the winter months? I live in MN so my Shelby will be stored in a heated and secured garage for 6 months - the car will never see snow or salt!!

Also, any storage tips would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Colorado here. Mine will be couped up in the garage most of the winter too. We get a few nice winter days, so she may come out occasionally...as long as there's no salt/sand/gravel/rocks/boulders on the roads.

And that reminds me. Why the #$%&* can't the Colorado DOT properly grade the sand they spread on the roads. They spread this "sand" on the roads in the winter, and there are rocks the size of a monkey's fist mixed in. I go through windshields like underwear. WTF? :mad:

·
Banned
70 Posts
Well, here in Florida in the summer we have something called LOVE BUGS!!!!!!!!
So winter is actually the best time for cruising a GT500. no offense.

·
Registered
153 Posts
When I get my Shelby:confused: I will keep it in my garage for the 3-4 weeks that it rains in California.
Sorry Aldy..............You probably have better ice fishing than ssss07 and I.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shelbytom - Will you also garage your Shelby when you have an earthquake?

:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
For those Shelby owners who live in the northern states what are your plans during the winter months? I live in MN so my Shelby will be stored in a heated and secured garage for 6 months - the car will never see snow or salt!!

Also, any storage tips would be great. Thanks.
Sorry, Aldy, I just can't resist. Here in Chandler, Arizona, I will garage my car ONLY when the daily street gun battles create a hazard of bullet holes in the car or, a car jacking is imminent and I don't have my S&W 50 caliber with me. There may be some times I will garage the car when bullets are falling from the sky, such as follows just about any celebration. Other than those times, I'll drive my GT500 on the 300+ days of sunshine. (smirk)

·
Registered
153 Posts
PDK,
If we have an earthquake...(which for you non-Californians is often, so stay out) I will get in my Shelby....if I ever get it, and because it is red and we all know how fast that is.
I will flat out run Mother Nature.

Any other questions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
PDK,
If we have an earthquake...(which for you non-Californians is often, so stay out) I will get in my Shelby....if I ever get it, and because it is red and we all know how fast that is.
I will flat out run Mother Nature.

Any other questions?

I live in Florida and have the same plan when a hurricane comes. Get in it and go...if I ever get it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I found my car it was not on another planet after all. It is in the safest storage place I could find (at Ford plant in boxes.) That should keep it safe this winter. Ford should also be happy, I have already paid for the storage in cash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts