Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving and the windshield wipers started working on their own.
Followed a thread here and replaced the WW motor and switch after which they worked fine after testing.
Now no windshield wipers and the water squirts by itself continuously....
Now what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now the battery is dead.
I guess I will have to take it to the dealer...
Balls...

·
Premium Member
74 76 86 89 99 05 08 10 12
263 Posts
I saw the other thread you posted this in which was coupled with the water on the passenger floor issue. That comes from the double firewall cowl area filling up and spilling over into the passenger compartment from the clogged rubber drains.

Not sure if that water build up is what caused that issue with your wipers, but the solution to the water build up is to simply eliminate the little rubber boot drains (two) that easily get clogged. Just reach in and pull them right off from the bottom of the firewall area. They will come out undamaged in case for some reason you want to put them back some day. The cabin filter will be wet so you might want to inspect it or pull it out to dry. When I found the water issue on my 2005, I yanked the first one out and it was like someone flushed a toilet. Why they are there to begin with is anyone's guess but it's really a huge fail. I threw them away. The car was kept permanently outside and it never happened again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the other thread you posted this in which was coupled with the water on the passenger floor issue. That comes from the double firewall cowl area filling up and spilling over into the passenger compartment from the clogged rubber drains.

Not sure if that water build up is what caused that issue with your wipers, but the solution to the water build up is to simply eliminate the little rubber boot drains (two) that easily get clogged. Just reach in and pull them right off from the bottom of the firewall area. They will come out undamaged in case for some reason you want to put them back some day. The cabin filter will be wet so you might want to inspect it or pull it out to dry. When I found the water issue on my 2005, I yanked the first one out and it was like someone flushed a toilet. Why they are there to begin with is anyone's guess but it's really a huge fail. I threw them away. The car was kept permanently outside and it never happened again.
Ditched mine too

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts

I had this on my '13 GT --- had a dealer fail to figure out what was causing the water and found the solution online myself.
Personally, I left mine in - but I made sure to visually check them every few months after unclogging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May have to try another new wiper motor... or check the harness for shorting. :(

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Try swapping relays with a different one under the hood to rule out a bad one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts