Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my recent searches of dealer inventories, I have seen several 2008 GT500 window stickers that have the following items:
GT500KR package ($210)
3.73 Gear ratio
No Gas Guzzler Tax Charge

What does this mean? I didn't think the 3.73 ratio was available as a option.
Plus, what does the credit for the 500KR package mean?

No Gas Guzzler Tax?

Here is a link to one of the window stickers: (Sorry I could only save it in a text format from the web page)

Damn, I can't get the link to attach correctly, but if you go to ford vehicles.com and locate a dealer, then search Dealer inventory (look for Mike Shad Ford in Jacksonville), then look for Shelby coupes. It's the silver one they have in stock.
I have seen at least 5-6 GT500's that have stickers like this in Florida alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am not sure that i would open this guys... sounds fishy for a first post...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my first post because I don't yet have a GT500 so I have had nothing to write about. I have visited this site quite a bit recently, but usually just read other people's post so I could learn more about these cars. I just had a legitimate question about some descrepancies I have seen when looking around at dealer inventories.
Why do you think the question is about window stickers in the first place? You think if I had a car already I would be looking at window stickers for sh#ts and giggles?
As I EDITED the post, I said the link didn't work. So please don't start accusing people you don't know of anything.
Maybe I can reply to posts with useless answers or smart [email protected]@ coments so I can build up my post count so I can be accepted by you. At least this post will bump me up to 2. Is that getting me any brownie points yet?

Everyone that I have read post from (until now) on this site seemed to be reasonable and decent. That is why I signed up and tried to ask a legitimite question. I would hope someone else out there could help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wasn't trying to come off the way it did, and I don't think i deserved to be attacked like that either.

My comment was as legit as your post asking a question.

I run a few forums and have seen similar post (first posts) that ended up being imbeded with a trojan virus.

Since this isn't my forum, and i'm not able to use the tools i'd have available if i were on my own and check the file. Sitting here at work on a computer that costs as much as a shelby 44K+... It is not something I would risk.

I was looking out for everyone, and I am sorry you took it the wrong way. Just please try and see where I was coming from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It caught me off guard for someone from this site to give a reply like that.
I apologize for taking it the wrong way (internet translation has a way of doing that).

As you will come to find out in the future, I don't post a lot. I just like to read about other people's experiences and occasionally ask a technical or general question.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
373 Posts
=)
I agree with the internet translation thing.

I tend not to post a ton either (been on here for 2 years).

As for the sticker, and the $210 package, very interesting.
Maybe they charged $210 for the ratio swap? But that'd be way on the cheap side. Might be something that some of the guys who work at dealerships and are part of this forum can answer hopefully =D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard that they are KR prepped cars, but wasn't sure. If I remember right, all of them were stripe delete also.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi Todd,

I can't answer your question about the window sticker, but I like what you wrote in your 2nd post.

Welcome to the forum.

Arbour88

·
Registered
429 Posts
Guys these ARE THE GT 500 chassis for the KR'S that are being sent out to vegas!!!! add another 35665 to that base msrp for KR msrp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts