Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if i got the 18" shelby razor chrome rims, if they would fit on my 08 shelby? it says only for 05-07, whats the diff with 08?......i want to keep the stock tires, which is why i want to go with 18"....anyone have these on their shelby?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I think that razor is the only 18" Shelby that will work w/our GT500s. I'm like you in that I want to stick w/18" wheels & tires mostly for performance & ride quality of the 18" over the 20".

To be on the safe side I would call or email before ordering. According to the web site those 18" wheels come in 5.5", 6.0" & 6.5" offsets. I don't have any idea which one is needed.
http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Will not clear the brakes. You would need to go up to 20's. Check with Shelby tech support but when I got my 07 and called them about it that is what they told me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
busababy is correct, the 18" razors will not fit the GT500's because of the brembo brakes.

It is difficult to find 18" wheels that do fit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
a friend of mine has 18 shelbys on his gt500. he just put spacers on and they fit fine. However it may be just me, but i think the tires stick out past the fender a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are two versions of the Razors. One clears the Brembo brakes. I've seen it here in Germany and there was a Sticker on the Box, which reads "Shelby GT500 +1mm" or so. Just ask the guys at Shelby Performance Parts.

Markus

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
After reading the post above I was excited thinking finally Shelby is doing the right thing and making wheels for the first batch of Shelbys. I called Shelby Performance and the answer is still NO. You must go to the 20's to get them to clear the brakes or you can put some spacer behind the wheel but than your wheel and tires sit out from the fender. Also since your wheel will sit out 1 inch you loose some threads for the lug nuts so now you don't get the wheels locked down as well. (That is not a good thing) American Racing is who makes these wheels for Shelby according to the guy I talked to so I will call them tomorrow. But the answer from Shelby is no Razors in 18 for the GT500. I asked about the KR rims and he said they don't sell them to the public only to KR owners. Another pisser the money you spend for a KR your can put in your Shelby and run circles around the KR in performance, handling, and looks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are two versions of the Razors. One clears the Brembo brakes. I've seen it here in Germany and there was a Sticker on the Box, which reads "Shelby GT500 +1mm" or so. Just ask the guys at Shelby Performance Parts.

Markus
Ooooops. Silly me. I'm talking about the 20". Don't even know that there is also a 18" version. Sorry guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts