Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sort of like the factory wheels, but have found some aftermarket that I like, so I'll entertain the idea of putting new wheels on.

So far, there are 2 that I like:
1. The American Racing Shelby Razor that they put on the 40th anniversary edition (saw a set of silver/black on a GT500 last week). I'm interested in the silver/gun metal. Not yet sure if I will stick with 18's or go to 20's.
2. A set that I found on Tire Rack - ASA AR9 19"x9.5", silver with red spoke inserts.

I think either wheel would look great on our car, but the ASA's might punch just a little better. I guess I could always go with the straight silver Razors and then have the spokes powder coated red if I really wanted that look.

Opinions? I've never heard of ASA wheels, made in China. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Razors are Made in America. That will probably play into my decision.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,954 Posts
I was looking at those ASAs too, but knew nothing about them, so I went to old faithful. I think you should try them though :), I've been wanting to see them on a 500. I know you need to be careful with the Razor's offsets too, search here and on TS, there is a lot of reading to do for Razors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make sure your get the right offset. My buddy bought some from Discount Tire for his GT500 and they were the wrong offset. The back stuck out like
Mickey Mouse ears and the front rubbed his Brembros. It took him almost a year before he got them exchanged. I don't know if the 18 inch Razors will fit
the Brembros. The ASA is a hot looking wheel and I think the red insert can be changed out for carbon fiber. The biggest issue is clearance for the Brembros. Post pics when you get them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I thought the 18" Razors would fit for sure. Not sure I want to go with 20's. I do like the way 19's look on the GT500's. Have plenty of time to figure it out I guess - car's going to be put away for the winter within the next 2 months.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I sort of like the factory wheels, but have found some aftermarket that I like, so I'll entertain the idea of putting new wheels on.

So far, there are 2 that I like:
1. The American Racing Shelby Razor that they put on the 40th anniversary edition (saw a set of silver/black on a GT500 last week). I'm interested in the silver/gun metal. Not yet sure if I will stick with 18's or go to 20's.
2. A set that I found on Tire Rack - ASA AR9 19"x9.5", silver with red spoke inserts.

I think either wheel would look great on our car, but the ASA's might punch just a little better. I guess I could always go with the straight silver Razors and then have the spokes powder coated red if I really wanted that look.

Opinions? I've never heard of ASA wheels, made in China. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Razors are Made in America. That will probably play into my decision.
I like the ASA's. As other's have said, be sure to get the right offset. Did you make your decision yet?

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,954 Posts
Very cool, post up some pics and give me a heads up on the tires...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts