Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
In my opinion the widebody looks better with the swing as the CFTP wing almost becomes too narrow when on the wider hips.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
In my opinion the widebody looks better with the swing as the CFTP wing almost becomes too narrow when on the wider hips.
Took the words right out of my mouth. However I feel as if the second picture didn't do the wing justice, here's another angle.. this is why I'm so torn. Some photos it looks great, others, no so much.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,063 Posts
So, I've been looking into this spoiler situation a bit further. Seems Ford Performance sells it under part no. M-16600-FP for a lot less than the parts counter has them priced. I found it at CJ Ponyparts and Lethel Performance for $574. CJ wants truck freight of $65 to ship it, and Lethal is regular ground. I have loyalty points at Lethal I need to use or lose. Just checked Summit Racing and they have it for $565 with a $60 upcharge for shipping. The Lethal price seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So, I've been looking into this spoiler situation a bit further. Seems Ford Performance sells it under part no. M-16600-FP for a lot less than the parts counter has them priced. I found it at CJ Ponyparts and Lethel Performance for $574. CJ wants truck freight of $65 to ship it, and Lethal is regular ground. I have loyalty points at Lethal I need to use or lose. Just checked Summit Racing and they have it for $565 with a $60 upcharge for shipping. The Lethal price seems too good to be true.
The swing is very nice, however, if you want the full carbon fiber wing - Anderson Composites just came out with theirs... I must say, it looks rather nice. $2,800 total, may be worth looking in to
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,063 Posts
I'm not a wing kind of guy. My grabber yellow exterior is as bold a statement as I want to make. Found the "swing" at Yates Performance on ebay for $585 shipped and in stock.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kona Bl CFTP 2017 GT Black
122 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I can get the deck lid panel with the SHELBY embossed on it.
Rich

·
Premium Member
8,063 Posts
Shelby will give you one with the SE package. Doubt you'll get it otherwise.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can get the deck lid panel with the SHELBY embossed on it.
Rich
Shelby will give you one with the SE package. Doubt you'll get it otherwise.
I've got you boys! Shelby Performance Parts 50th Anniversary Super Snake Tail Light Panel (2015+ Mustang)

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the shelby deck lid. Once I get mine with the SE, I'm going to reinstall the stock deck lid and try to add the "signature edition" badge to it.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Reactions: Patrick It's Pains

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500
41 Posts
I think only you can make this decision. My car was ordered as a base car (by choice). I originally did not want the CTP wing, it was the wide body that changed my mind. The swing looks nice on the wide body, but it reminds me of a body builder who skipped leg day. Again, only you can make the decision.

I have my original trunk lid that Shelby painted white stripes on for me. I originally was worried that I would not like the CFTP wing on the car, so I wanted both options. Boy was I wrong. Now I have a lid I will never use lol, and I sold the swing.

Up to you!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I think only you can make this decision. My car was ordered as a base car (by choice). I originally did not want the CTP wing, it was the wide body that changed my mind. The swing looks nice on the wide body, but it reminds me of a body builder who skipped leg day now. Again, only you can make the decision.

I have my original trunk lid that Shelby painted white stripes on for me. I originally was worried that I would not like the CFTP wing on the car, so I wanted both options. Boy was I wrong. Now I have a lid I will never use lol, and I sold the swing.

Up to you!
Did you ever take any photos of the swing on the widebody? 😮

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500
41 Posts
Did you ever take any photos of the swing on the widebody? 😮
I never saw mine with the swing because I bought the CFTP wing for it, and knew it was the one for me. I saw the orange car in person, it’s Less Bear‘s car, who I also met. I saw other wide body cars with the swing while I was in Vegas as well. Personally I like the swing spoiler on skinny girls, but like the CFTP wing better on the thick girls.

100% subjective, which is why I reiterate that only you can make your decision.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
406 Posts
All new GT500s should have been widebody.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
Here's another thought, I think the best looking wing on the widebodies is the GT350R wing as it's lines follow and accentuates the rear fenders. Of course some may see it as blasphemy to put a GT350R wing on a GT500 of any nature.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Car

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Here's another thought, I think the best looking wing on the widebodies is the GT350R wing as it's lines follow and accentuates the rear fenders. Of course some may see it as blasphemy to put a GT350R wing on a GT500 of any nature.

View attachment 223690

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I never saw mine with the swing because I bought the CFTP wing for it, and knew it was the one for me. I saw the orange car in person, it’s Less Bear‘s car, who I also met. I saw other wide body cars with the swing while I was in Vegas as well. Personally I like the swing spoiler on skinny girls, but like the CFTP wing better on the thick girls.

100% subjective, which is why I reiterate that only you can make your decision.
absolutely love the comparison between skinny and thick :ROFLMAO: my dilemma is that haven't seen enough examples of a widebody with a swing.. so don't want to rule one option out completely.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

View attachment 223690
I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, and you're right... if you put a 350R Wing on a 500, I'm sure you wouldn't hear the end of it.

·
Premium Member
Jay 20 CFTP, 19 GT350R,13 GT500x2, 19 SHO,20 Explorer ST, 20 F-450, 67 Ranchero GT390
70 Posts
Without a doubt the current generation of GT500's is no ordinary mustang. From factory, the GT500 looks like a refined sports car. However, once widebodied, the car brilliantly showcases its muscle car lineage.

With that said, I am interested in seeing everyone's take on the CFTP Wing vs the base Spoiler with Gurney flap.

No doubt, the wing looks better on the standard car from Ford (opinion) however, does this change once the car receives a widebody treatment?

In the images below, we can see two cars with widebody treatment. The track pack being @Jmeo 's gorgeous ride. The latter, a base model showcased by raitis rides.
View attachment 223577 View attachment 223578
In my opinion, both look fantastic, however, It's hard to put my finger on which route to go. For those that don't know, I've got a FPB Handling pack waiting to get the SE and Widebody Packages. Hence, the reason for this discussion.

Below, you can see two more examples from the rear of each car.
View attachment 223580 View attachment 223581
The wing is a bit sportier, but does it still match as well as the Gurney flap with the muscled-up body style? With that said, is the widebody too wide to properly showcase the sporty wing?

I'm completely torn between the two. Let's hear your thoughts down below. I'm all ears.
IMO from a appearance perspective the Base wing is much better look if your going for the (sports car) look.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts