Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
474 Posts
By far my biggest pet peeve of automobile paraphernalia.

View attachment 223567

Some days, I feel like putting an old set of rims and tires on my truck and taking on some of these idiots.
Im sure there are plenty of people who’d call us idiots for what we do to our cars.

unicuique sua

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
871 Posts
Im not a fan of the negative camber "stance" boys nor the "squat" look. I also am not a fan of the "donk" scene. If you wanna go up, then jack up the whole truck. I like a well done lift. I think a well done, lifted/chromed "Sema" truck looks cool. I like a lowered car/truck too, but no camber. Tub the wheel wells and make it all fit with clean lines. If you have 20"+ rims with an inch of clearance off of the ground, thats no easy task.

After living in TX for some time the "slab" culture has grown on me. The rims with the crazy protruding spokes are a bit ridiculous, but they are some of the most unique and personalized cars I've ever seen. They can also cost close to $100k when complete. They are as unique to the owner as the cali low-rider culture. These 2 subcultures, by far, pay the most attention to the small details that make the car a true expression of the owner. If you ever see these guys at a car show, take take time to go talk to some and really check the cars out. The level of detail and craftsmanship in some of these cars will definitely surprise you.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,247 Posts
By far my biggest pet peeve of automobile paraphernalia.

View attachment 223567

Some days, I feel like putting an old set of rims and tires on my truck and taking on some of these idiots.
I am completely surprised that those are legal, quite frankly. Disgusting. But, but, but... it is all about celebrating the culture!

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,154 Posts
Im not a fan of the negative camber "stance" boys nor the "squat" look. I also am not a fan of the "donk" scene. If you wanna go up, then jack up the whole truck. I like a well done lift. I think a well done, lifted/chromed "Sema" truck looks cool. I like a lowered car/truck too, but no camber. Tub the wheel wells and make it all fit with clean lines. If you have 20"+ rims with an inch of clearance off of the ground, thats no easy task.

After living in TX for some time the "slab" culture has grown on me. The rims with the crazy protruding spokes are a bit ridiculous, but they are some of the most unique and personalized cars I've ever seen. They can also cost close to $100k when complete. They are as unique to the owner as the cali low-rider culture. These 2 subcultures, by far, pay the most attention to the small details that make the car a true expression of the owner. If you ever see these guys at a car show, take take time to go talk to some and really check the cars out. The level of detail and craftsmanship in some of these cars will definitely surprise you.
+1

At least they are car guys.

It's a lot better than people who want to argue with you about your car killing the earth or causing someone to have to go without because you have discretionary income.

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It's funny this memory showed up in my FB memories from 11 years ago this morning. At work, it's a big mistake to not log off your desktop before leaving for the day. I forgot to log off the day before and this desktop image greeted me when I logged on. My shift relief put an image on my desktop of something that would really "get under my skin."

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,936 Posts
It's funny this memory showed up in my FB memories from 11 years ago this morning. At work, it's a big mistake to not log off your desktop before leaving for the day. I forgot to log off the day before and this desktop image greeted me when I logged on. My shift relief put an image on my desktop of something that would really "get under my skin."

View attachment 223606
Maybe you can give some of them even earlier retirement!

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,063 Posts
I had no idea rims could be had in such an extreme diameter, much less tires to mount on them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I had no idea rims could be had in such an extreme diameter, much less tires to mount on them.
That's what the "donk" scene is all about. Huge (30"+) rims on "old" cars. I once saw a guy with 48" rims. The tires were obviously as custom as the rims.

Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
2020 GT500
393 Posts
Those "tires" look to be some junk rubber strips wrapped around those gigantic rims. I know a little about tire manufacturing and to make a mold for a tire that would fit that rim would be mid six figures.

View attachment 223608
I think it's just an attention getter in front of a shop, but funny either way.

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I think I may be attracting them. I live in a town of 8000 and the whole county only has 25,000 residents. I just saw about a 2002 Lexus LS with the license plate LoLex dragging the ground with angled wheels. Yuk!

·
Registered
871 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think I may be attracting them. I live in a town of 8000 and the whole county only has 25,000 residents. I just saw about a 2002 Lexus LS with the license plate LoLex dragging the ground with angled wheels. Yuk!
What makes me really laugh about these "stance" cars is that they are using the camber to lower their car, but thats not even what it's for. Drift cars will use a 10° negative camber on the front tires to help with the drift.

·
Registered
871 Posts
41 - 60 of 105 Posts