Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
89 Posts
I think its for better up-force at the track. "Special" handling in the corners.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,033 Posts
I cant stand this stuff, but as has been mentioned before, to each their own.

I personally have more of a problem with people mis-badging their car (like the toyota with a shelby logo attached). WE all know they are idiots and what the car really is....its just the other dumbasses who seem to actually BELIEVE that is what that particular car says it is, and therefore believes their 2 cycle lawnmower car is therefore 'faster'.

But, even after saying that....My BIGGEST issue is with these lame brains who lift of lower their car so low that the bumper isn't at a legal height any longer. Too low? They are likely going to get beheaded in what would be just a possibly 'minor' wreck....ultimately their fault. But I wouldn't let one of my kids ride with them regardless.

Too High? They impair other drivers on the road from seeing (which I admit is no worse then being behind a semi that is perfectly legal). If someone were to get into an accident with them, that car and its passengers might suffer fatal injuries since the vehicle has been raised to such a ridiculous height that the bumpers no longer function as intended and are able to get into the passenger compartment of any vehicle they hit. If something like that was to befall anyone I knew, I'd make sure I helped in every way possible to sue the ever loving crap out of the driver/owner if it is at all possible for any injuries incurred from getting hit by them. I highly doubt anyone here reading this isn't already aware of it, but a famous actress back in the day (Jane Mansfield) was killed (and reportedly beheaded along with the rest of the passengers except for a baby), when they ran into the back of a semi late at night while driving a cadalac. The front end when completely under the end of the trailer up to (I think) the very back of the rear portion of the passenger compartment) That is why all semi's now have those longer extended metal bars that go much lower then the bottom of the container portion of the trailer by law.

I've never run a call like that fortunately, but can only imagine how bad that scene might have been.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
512 Posts
I cant stand this stuff, but as has been mentioned before, to each their own.

I personally have more of a problem with people mis-badging their car (like the toyota with a shelby logo attached). WE all know they are idiots and what the car really is....its just the other dumbasses who seem to actually BELIEVE that is what that particular car says it is, and therefore believes their 2 cycle lawnmower car is therefore 'faster'.

But, even after saying that....My BIGGEST issue is with these lame brains who lift of lower their car so low that the bumper isn't at a legal height any longer. Too low? They are likely going to get beheaded in what would be just a possibly 'minor' wreck....ultimately their fault. But I wouldn't let one of my kids ride with them regardless.

Too High? They impair other drivers on the road from seeing (which I admit is no worse then being behind a semi that is perfectly legal). If someone were to get into an accident with them, that car and its passengers might suffer fatal injuries since the vehicle has been raised to such a ridiculous height that the bumpers no longer function as intended and are able to get into the passenger compartment of any vehicle they hit. If something like that was to befall anyone I knew, I'd make sure I helped in every way possible to sue the ever loving crap out of the driver/owner if it is at all possible for any injuries incurred from getting hit by them. I highly doubt anyone here reading this isn't already aware of it, but a famous actress back in the day (Jane Mansfield) was killed (and reportedly beheaded along with the rest of the passengers except for a baby), when they ran into the back of a semi late at night while driving a cadalac. The front end when completely under the end of the trailer up to (I think) the very back of the rear portion of the passenger compartment) That is why all semi's now have those longer extended metal bars that go much lower then the bottom of the container portion of the trailer by law.

I've never run a call like that fortunately, but can only imagine how bad that scene might have been.
There was a news story in Dallas a few years ago about a guy whose truck was lifted so high that it impaired his vision one night so when he pulled out, he ran over a shorter woman that walked right in front of the truck in a parking lot. Killed her on the spot. Hearing this story always made me wonder how often this happens?

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
North Carolina actually just passed a law making it illegal starting Dec 1.
Ah ha! Me, @03reptile and @msirach were wondering that very thing when we were all up there a week or so ago running TOTD and other roads. We stayed in Pigeon Forge and those were all over the place.

Car culture is alive and well in PF. That isn't my thing but it was fun seeing them.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,247 Posts
Ah ha! Me, @03reptile and @msirach were wondering that very thing when we were all up there a week or so ago running TOTD and other roads. We stayed in Pigeon Forge and those were all over the place.

Car culture is alive and well in PF. That isn't my thing but it was fun seeing them.
I believe there is a pretty decent muscle car museum along the main road through Pigeon Forge. None of them will look like those, however.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
I believe there is a pretty decent muscle car museum along the main road through Pigeon Forge. None of them will look like those, however.
There is. I haven't been back to it in decades, but the last time I went they had some high quality hardware inside.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
I'm just amazed that someone will think of something totally ridiculous, and then other people do it, and it becomes an 'in' thing.

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have some friends that are into the lowered culture, but they get them set up perfectly by having new frames built to keep the geometry perfect. This truck will raise up to drive normal on the roads and rides very well. Major $$$$ having a totally new frame built. He drives it to and from shows. This still isn't my preference, but it can be driven safely.

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,936 Posts
I have some friends that are into the lowered culture, but they get them set up perfectly by having new frames built to keep the geometry perfect. This truck will raise up to drive normal on the roads and rides very well. Major $$$$ having a totally new frame built. He drives it to and from shows. This still isn't my preference, but it can be driven safely.

View attachment 223502
I would venture to say that all States have height restrictions and also cover wheels exceeding the fender-well edge for all motor vehicles registered within the State. Some States are more aggressive in the enforcement of said requirements than others. LEO's will usually issue an ERO (equipment repair order) for infractions that are obviously over-the-top in exceeding the law. Common sense often prevails. ERO's don't come with a fine or points, but require the vehicle's owner to comply with the law by having it corrected, then inspected by a state representative, and then all is good. If they fail to comply, their registration is revoked.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
1,033 Posts
Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Black
71 Posts
What f'ing language IS that anyway???
No clue what language it is! Those stupid wheels reminded me of the old Roman movies with the chariots that had blades embedded in them!

Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,063 Posts
My brain went straight to 007, lol.
View attachment 223536
By far my biggest pet peeve of automobile paraphernalia and this is a mild version of this idiotic fad.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Some days, I feel like putting an old set of rims and tires on my truck and taking on some of these idiots. Many of our roads are narrow because some City traffic engineer thought it would be a great idea to take 4 lane roads, restripe them for 5 lanes to add a turn lane. These idiots can't possibly fit in a lane. OMG, what would this do to one of my Shelby's. You avoid big trucks and trailer like the plague on these sections of highway.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts