Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We stayed in Pigeon Forge, TN last weekend and a bunch of strange cars would cruise the streets at night. Some of them would be dragging the belly and making sparks. This has to be rough on the chassis and drive train. It was raining Tuesday morning when we left and I passed a 300z running 70mph on the interstate in the rain.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,372 Posts
To be different and extreme. There's a group out there that appreciates the ability to fit a 10" wide wheel with a 6" lip on the front of a car that only came with 7" wide wheels from the factory.

·
Registered
2014, GT500, PP & TP, Cortex suspension
210 Posts
It is the stretched and stanced look. I wonder if there is a new Uber business opportunity to haul the clowns to appointed meetings. I could just see several climbing out of a car like this.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
110 Posts
Not my kind of thing but I see cars like that from time to time driving around, usually with a fart can exhaust and a high school kid behind the wheel. Just another trend that will come and go. Have you heard of the Carolina Squat?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,176 Posts
Not my thing, but to each their own… some dig it… whatever floats their boat.

Reactions: gaindian

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,049 Posts
Not my kind of thing but I see cars like that from time to time driving around, usually with a fart can exhaust and a high school kid behind the wheel. Just another trend that will come and go. Have you heard of the Carolina Squat?

This is as extreme as I've seen. Unless you have a front mounted camera in the front bumper, how can you see where the hell you're going? Should be illegal.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
464 Posts
This is as extreme as I've seen. Unless you have a front mounted camera in the front bumper, how can you see where the hell you're going? Should be illegal.
North Carolina actually just passed a law making it illegal starting Dec 1.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,917 Posts
Yes, we all noticed this when walking to the restaurants during the evenings while we enjoyed our "Tail of The Dragon" event! It looks like 20 degrees of negative camber! Of course the tires are history in no short order. As Tim says, "To each his own!" Those modifications are illegal in most States and will receive an ERO (equipment repair order). It's all about the "look", but I would refuse to be a passenger in one of those cars! They are almost comical going down the street and I presume the Pigeon Forge PD has better things to do then bother with them.

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Shelby GT500
459 Posts

Please don’t call it that cause I’m from Carolina and I don’t claim that vehicle

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,372 Posts
Please don’t call it that cause I’m from Carolina and I don’t claim that vehicle
Trust me I've driven through the Carolinas and this is appropriately named. I literally stopped to get gas outside of Charlotte and saw 3 of these at one stoplight.

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Shelby GT500
459 Posts
Trust me I've driven through the Carolinas and this is appropriately named. I literally stopped to get gas outside of Charlotte and saw 3 of these at one stoplight.
I don’t see many of them here. Glad they are outlawing these vehicles

·
Registered
2021 GT500
502 Posts
I have not seen the Carolina Squat stance in Texas yet. But I may have not been looking in the right places .

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,143 Posts
It's ridiculous but at least they are not car/truck-haters.

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll bet that the owners of these cars are wearing pants that are dragging the ground too.

I should talk though, Back in the day I had my '65 Mustang's rear end raised up high with "High Jackers" (air shocks).
Me too. I had air shocks, Cragar SS rims with 50's on the back and Craig Powerplay speakers with a quadraphonic 8 track player.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts