1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Seems like many of the new performance cars coming out now are around 4000#'s. Go figure.:shrug03:
It's all the safety crap that's required these days that make cars so heavy. the days of the 3,000 lb car are over.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's all the safety crap that's required these days that make cars so heavy. the days of the 3,000 lb car are over.
That in combination with general creature comforts that are expected in all cars today may the lighter weight vehicle almost impossible.

One car that intrigues me is the Lotus Elise. I saw my first one close up two weeks ago. I know many argue the car is carbon fiber and isn't safe in a wreck, but the weight and performance numbers are excellent.

Don't shoot me GT500 fans. :flamed:

HSURB

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That in combination with general creature comforts that are expected in all cars today may the lighter weight vehicle almost impossible.

One car that intrigues me is the Lotus Elise. I saw my first one close up two weeks ago. I know many argue the car is carbon fiber and isn't safe in a wreck, but the weight and performance numbers are excellent.

Don't shoot me GT500 fans. :flamed:

HSURB
A friend of mine has one . He stopped by one afternoon and I took it for a short drive . Sharp looking car ,I felt like I was getting into a GoCart and it rode like one too. You could feel every pebble in the road but I have to say it handled like a GoCart too. Not my cup of tea though. LOL
I wouldn't want to have to drive it on a 1200 mile trip to the OBX I would need new kidneys.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
A friend of mine has one . He stopped by one afternoon and I took it for a short drive . Sharp looking car ,I felt like I was getting into a GoCart and it rode like one too. You could feel every pebble in the road but I have to say it handled like a GoCart too. Not my cup of tea though. LOL
I wouldn't want to have to drive it on a 1200 mile trip to the OBX I would need new kidneys.

We have 2 in my area that I see all the time, they must not have kidneys because our roads are terrible. :lol:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
We saw one up close at lunch during the OBX meet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My buddy has an elise as well, drives it from Niagara falls out to visit sometimes here in Michigan. His past cars were afew Z06's, and a CTS V. I've driven it as well, and agree with the above comment. it is like a go-kart, feels like one, drives like one. To each there own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts