Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dealer assured me nothing more than $10k. That might just be my limit as well as my $ is wrapped up in this dump of a real estate market.:mad:

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Deposit put down JAN 2005 yes 2005 so paying MSRP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
20k over list and glad to do it. Got the VIN already. Torch Red. Dealer is in Indiana. I live in Arizona. Took a lot of calling to find a dealer with an unsold allocation. I could have paid less but I made him an offer he simply couldn't refuse since I didn't want to waste anymore time. I have a 10k over offer on a second one. One unit for shows, etc., one to drive the crap out of.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Deposit does not lock in the price, (Went through this 5 years ago on something similar) You must get it in writing and you should have it detailed out. Once the dealer signs it is a contract even if the sales person does not work there anymore. Because someone over him has to also approve the deal which means the dealership has approved the deal. Now if the dealership gets sold or something than all bets are off but if not you have a contract that will hold up in court. (Like I said I had this happen before...and I won ) Anyhow on the paper work you should not only have the price or if you don't know it something like no more than 3% over MSRP (whatever) and also state where you are in the line for the vehicle, meaning if they tell you your first or second that if someone comes in and gives 10K more they don't bump you because of that. If you have down you are 3rd in line in writing and you find out they have sold 3 and now your getting the fourth... guess what go to court your lawyer will win because they broke the contract, and if you go to court the dealership records will be turned over to show who got the ones they sold.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have a contract and am paying $5,000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
$2,000 over MSRP. Deposit paid and contract signed.

·
Registered
888 Posts
$5k over MSRP.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have it in writing on 5-23-06 for $200 under MSRP. It was confirmed over the phone at $43565.00 plus TT&L on 5-31-06. I don't know the order date or build date yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this car is very desireable and has somewhat of a collector value(that is a stretch as well), but guys, why would anyone pay $1 over the MSRP of this car? Just for the priviledge of owning one of the first ones? Give me a break. I think you play right into Fords hands on this one: They attach the Shelby name to this Stang, hold out as long as possible on the price to generate some "buzz", and sit back and watch people go crazy. I think the car, like all others that are not limited production, will depreciate immediately and you will have just thrown away the money you paid over MSRP plus the extra interest expense in finance charges as well as the normal depreciation that WILL happen on this car. I realize Ford has a winner here, but I wouldn't give any greedy Ford dealer the pleasure of making a quick buck just for the sake of being the first to own this car. No one ever lost money sitting back and waiting until the fire burns out of this "hype". I realize I won't change the minds of people who are hell bent on owning this car, but think of the good you could do with the money you just took a lighter to. JMHO:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
woody77 said:
I realize this car is very desireable and has somewhat of a collector value(that is a stretch as well), but guys, why would anyone pay $1 over the MSRP of this car? Just for the priviledge of owning one of the first ones? Give me a break. I think you play right into Fords hands on this one: They attach the Shelby name to this Stang, hold out as long as possible on the price to generate some "buzz", and sit back and watch people go crazy. I think the car, like all others that are not limited production, will depreciate immediately and you will have just thrown away the money you paid over MSRP plus the extra interest expense in finance charges as well as the normal depreciation that WILL happen on this car. I realize Ford has a winner here, but I wouldn't give any greedy Ford dealer the pleasure of making a quick buck just for the sake of being the first to own this car. No one ever lost money sitting back and waiting until the fire burns out of this "hype". I realize I won't change the minds of people who are hell bent on owning this car, but think of the good you could do with the money you just took a lighter to. JMHO:)
Everybody has their own reasons for the manner in which they made their deals. I for one wouldnt pay $800K today for the SoCal house I spent $185K on ten years ago...but somebody will! If a person decides to sit back and wait for MSRP or close to MSRP pricing, whats the worse thing that can happen? 1. Their dealers allocation runs dry or 2. The prices never come down and now you start to look for a used low mileage car...or look to 08 which may be the same? If on the other hand, these cars sit around on lots (I don't believe this will be the case) and pricing moves close to MSRP, well maybe then you won't have to burn any cash...The whole thing is kinda like going to Vegas and putting your $$ on RED 9...JMHO

OH BTW...There are still some folks out pounding the pavement and securing MSRP and below deals...Just depends on how motivated/lucky you are...

·
Registered
373 Posts
$15K :mad:
but... it will be worth it :D

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Zombies!