Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steeda or BMR? Not going to drag the car, just need some better control on take off.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm running the BMR. No complaints.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I have a BMR adj UCA w/ new bushings sitting on my bench in need of a good home? :(

:icon7:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Why,you need some help putting them on?:ack:

I went to one that I think will be a little stronger for what I put it through.

We'll see this weekend at VIR.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I have a BMR adj UCA w/ new bushings sitting on my bench in need of a good home? :(

:icon7:
Will I have to replace the bushing every 6 months? :D

j/k - how much you want? PM me.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
No,he said he was looking for a good home

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Will I have to replace the bushing every 6 months? :D

j/k - how much you want? PM me.

ONLY if the LCAs go first.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Please take my comments with a grain of salt...as I'm still experimenting....

I have the BMR upper and lowers. I have a small clunk in the driveline when taking off sometimes. Some have said this may be the BMR upper. I recently purchased the "anti clunk" bushings, but have not had time to install them yet. I will post results later...might be a few weeks given my travel schedule.

Dave

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Please take my comments with a grain of salt...as I'm still experimenting....

I have the BMR upper and lowers. I have a small clunk in the driveline when taking off sometimes. Some have said this may be the BMR upper. I recently purchased the "anti clunk" bushings, but have not had time to install them yet. I will post results later...might be a few weeks given my travel schedule.

Dave
If you have the BMR upper mount you do not need the anti-clunk bushings. They will not fit. If anyone needs a set they can have mine.

Anyone have the part number and source for a good price on a replacement B&M UCA forward end bushings?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If you have the BMR upper mount you do not need the anti-clunk bushings. They will not fit. If anyone needs a set they can have mine.

Anyone have the part number and source for a good price on a replacement B&M UCA forward end bushings?
Thanks for the added info jc. I have the stock upper mount.

Sorry, no info on the forward end bushing you mention.

Dave

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a question, relating to the BMR upper mount and upper control arm.

I have the "clunk" talked about below (taken off of the Steeda website).

Stepped Spacer Details
This spacer is designed to fix the problem with the OEM upper link. At the attachment point for the upper link to the chassis mount Ford uses a 14mm bolt, but the opening in the mount is 16mm. This is not typically a problem with the OEM mount as it uses a soft hydra mount bushing to soften this. But once an aftermarket upper is installed with a urethane bushing can transmit this noise or clunk. This space can be installed with all aftermarket upper that still use a 14mm bolt. The stepped spacer takes up the slop and eliminates all noise from the upper. Note, it does work with aftermarket chassis mounts with smaller then 16mm bolt holes.

My question is.... is there a way to eliminate the 'clunk' if i have the BMR mount and arm? I am going to take a look and investigate later this weekend, but for now, anyone else have any ideas/experience?

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll highjack my own thread....:info-smilie: Will I have the "clunk" after I install my J&M UCA?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'll highjack my own thread....:info-smilie: Will I have the "clunk" after I install my J&M UCA?
I thought you were torn between Steeda and BMR? J&M would be the one I would pick too. I believe they come with their anti-clunk bushings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did have steeda upper with mount. Also lowers with heim joints. I removed them and put my stock ones back on with replacement prothene bushings. Now i have no noise and it drives good. Bushings cost 75 shipped. Now i think I'll remove them and havem powder coated. Probably silver or chrome. Should of done it this way in the first place, but we all learn from our mistakes. Sometimes the hard way.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts