Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and did not find what I was looking for. I need to hear from those that have installed a one-piece driveshaft and HAVE NOT experienced vibrations at any speed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Alot of guys have gone with the Dynotech 3-1/2" with no issues at all... That is the driveshaft that they put on the SS.... Just my $.02

·
Registered
658 Posts
...just had her up to 135 today..

Hey Kieth

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Dynotech here and no regrets!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Did a search and did not find what I was looking for. I need to hear from those that have installed a one-piece driveshaft and HAVE NOT experienced vibrations at any speed.
I have a Denny's steel 1 piece drive shaft. NO issues or vibrations. I went with the steel unit for the main reason of the torque these motors are able to put out! An aluminium shaft might , might, might fail or bend some day from the shock of a good launch with good tires ......

YMMV

Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had a powerhouse 4 inch originally and it hit the bottom of my car on hard launches and the rubber expansion boot got roughed up by my shifter linkage. Went with Dynotech and have had no issues.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll highjack my own post, Will this drive shaft help eliminate the "clunk" sound from the rear suspension that allot of the GT500 have?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'll highjack my own post, Will this drive shaft help eliminate the "clunk" sound from the rear suspension that allot of the GT500 have?
Isn't that sound due to the UCA? This is coming from way back in the memory banks, so I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Isn't that sound due to the UCA? This is coming from way back in the memory banks, so I could be wrong.
Maybe, but I have chaged out my UCA mount, retorqued bolts, had my mech check it over and it still clunks. If that is par for the course then I'll live with it.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
*threadjack in progress*
If I remember correctly, J&M makes "anti clunk" washers for the UCA.
The bolt holes are a bit large for the bolt.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Maybe, but I have chaged out my UCA mount, retorqued bolts, had my mech check it over and it still clunks. If that is par for the course then I'll live with it.
Is your car lowered? I think I remember this being an issue with the UCA on lowered cars. Do you still have the factory UCA, or a different one?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have a Dynotech driveshaft and lowered my car as well. I also have experienced the clunk but ajusted my adjustable UCA so that it does not clunk. I have had my car up past 145 and no vibration. I like it...

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No car is not lowered. I removed my aftermarket LCAs last night and it seemed to cut down on the clunkiness. I drove the car around for a while last night and realized alot of the sounds are just drivetrain noise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts