Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
either way, Corsa are worth it! Love mine!
They are good. Too bad they make your Shelby go slower. Couple that with Performance White, and I really feel bad for you. :p :D ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
And they just released an Ultimate Touring Edition from corsa. Just gotta find out what the difference is now that these are a few hundred more than the others. They are listed on Lethalperformances website and they posted them up on modularfords.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a new Corsa for GT500. This is the Ultimate Touring. 14313.

Anyone know if this makes a lot of difference? What is the HP gain from stock assuming no other mods?

Any recommendations on a good price for the Corsa 14313?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Anyone know if this makes a lot of difference? What is the HP gain from stock assuming no other mods?

I wouldn't expect much if any gains in HP from aftermarket cat-backs. From what I hear, the stock GT500 is very well designed. If you are just looking for HP gains, save your money. If you are looking for a better sound, spend away!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I called the Ford Racing Tech hotline today, and he told me axel back hardly add any performance. He said that the FRPP Performance pack with CAI, tune and cat back muffler gives 40HP. Just the CAI and tune also gives 40HP based on their specs.

However, when I called Corsa sales, they claimed that just swapping out the stock axel back for their new touring muffler would give around 15HP gain with no tune. He also said the stock GT500 muffler is from a automatic GT, and they used it because they needed it to be more quiet, hence more restrictive.

So is this fact or fiction? I need the mythbusters!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Definately sounds muted to me (stock), compared to most other muscle cars. Even the F150s around town sound better to me!

TD

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I called the Ford Racing Tech hotline today, and he told me axel back hardly add any performance. He said that the FRPP Performance pack with CAI, tune and cat back muffler gives 40HP. Just the CAI and tune also gives 40HP based on their specs.

However, when I called Corsa sales, they claimed that just swapping out the stock axel back for their new touring muffler would give around 15HP gain with no tune. He also said the stock GT500 muffler is from a automatic GT, and they used it because they needed it to be more quiet, hence more restrictive.

So is this fact or fiction? I need the mythbusters!

I don't know about the Corsas but the mufflers are from the GT automatic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out this video I found.

Does just swapping out the stock axel back muffler for a corsa provide 14RWHP and 16RWTQ? That sounds too good to be true. Especially when the technical enquiry at Ford Raching Parts told me that changing from stock axel back muffler to FRPP Muffler did not really add to HP/TQ gains, and told me the inprovements for CAI+ Tune is the same as CAI + Tune + Muffler (Handling pack) @40HP gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWG_ADExao

Do you think tuning is required? Also, on a stock car, doesn't a straight through reduce back pressure causing the stock ECU program to get confused?

Anyone who put in Corsa axel back on stock car please share your feedback.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Corsa's sound really nice, but the price is killer, so who has the great deal??

Thanks
Ron
Hi Ron,
I have a pair of Corsa 14311 mufflers I just removed from my 2007 GT500.
I removed them due to installing long tube headers with high cats.As the Corsa mufflers are stright thru they were then much too loud after the install.
I installed more restrictive mufflers that toned down the exhaust sound probably robbed a few HP in doing so but I had no choice.I have approx 2500 miles on them,I paid $650.I'll take $400.for them.hydro

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Corsa's sound really nice, but the price is killer, so who has the great deal??

Thanks
Ron
I have a pair of Corsa 14311 the straight thru type.Not good for Long Tubes with high flow cats.They are the best for Stock manifolds with stock cats the sound is great with no DRONE whatsoever.$385.plus shipping.hydro

·
Registered
795 Posts
They are good. Too bad they make your Shelby go slower. Couple that with Performance White, and I really feel bad for you. :p :D ;)
:thefinger:

And they just released an Ultimate Touring Edition from corsa. Just gotta find out what the difference is now that these are a few hundred more than the others. They are listed on Lethalperformances website and they posted them up on modularfords.

i inquired about the new touring muffs. Corsa told me they were specifically designed for our cars that are running headers. They tone down the noise level. When i switched to AR headers, my sport corsa's were ungodly loud. Hence, my questions to Corsa. I plan to get them and see how much they tone down.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I plan on going with the shorty headers, won't void warranty, HP gain is only about 15HP, but the sound will be great with the stock mufflers and about the same price as doing the corsas, plus a weight savings. I did this on my 03 Harley and the sound is great with the stock muffler.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts