Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where Can We Get All The Carbon Fiber Lip And Mirror Cover And Kr And Av Eddition Parts From Cant Find Anyting Of Shelby Website For Parts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Any one know what kind of shifter will be in the KR?:confused:
April Autoweek says it will be a Ford Racing Short-throw shifter. To me, that still means Steeda (imo). Here is an early shot of it:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
April Autoweek says it will be a Ford Racing Short-throw shifter. To me, that still means Steeda (imo). Here is an early shot of it:
I have read their is quite a few shelbys with this shifter installed in them, that also would be my choice, as Steeda is not far from ware I live, I could just drop by and purchase one, does it come with the white shifter knob? I read that alot of folks having problems with the ball fit to shifter handel. :mad:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have read their is quite a few shelbys with this shifter installed in them, that also would be my choice, as Steeda is not far from ware I live, I could just drop by and purchase one, does it come with the white shifter knob? I read that alot of folks having problems with the ball fit to shifter handel. :mad:
I am not the one to answer this as I don't have the Steeda shifter, but I know several of our forum guys do and I don't remember them having trouble mounting their OEM shift knob. As for the white ball, I saw where one guy on another site had gotten a Hurst shift lever and ball and it installed nicely on the Steeda short throw. If I ever make the change, that is what I would like to do.

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

You can find Shift Knobs that fit all of the popular shifters and are available in all of the Mustang colors at GrabberPony.com

Mark
GrabberPony.com

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
You can find Shift Knobs that fit all of the popular shifters and are available in all of the Mustang colors at GrabberPony.com

Mark
GrabberPony.com
Mark,

The GT500 is equipped with a six speed tranny and I only see a five speed patern on your website. Sorry! I should have read further. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mark,

The GT500 is equipped with a six speed tranny and I only see a five speed patern on your website. Sorry! I should have read further. Thanks.

Yes, we do make a 6-speed pattern. Most of the orders we have received so far are for White knobs and Black Engravings but we have also sold a few in Black and Torch Red. They all look pretty sharp!

Mark
GrabberPony.com

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yes, we do make a 6-speed pattern. Most of the orders we have received so far are for White knobs and Black Engravings but we have also sold a few in Black and Torch Red. They all look pretty sharp!

Mark
GrabberPony.com
I just sent you an email from your site.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I don't know how you came up with that conclusion.

Here's the FRPP shifter that's targeted for the KR:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9783

He came to this conclusion because Steeda makes most of the Ford Racing parts.Just like I have the FRPP mufflers they are made by Borla.Borla also makes the mufflers for Roush,Steeda,Ford Racing and a lot of other manufacturers.

I have the Steeda short throw shifter and is sweet.I bought a white and a black cobra ball for the shifter off of e-bay,this also is sweeeeeet.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
He came to this conclusion because Steeda makes most of the Ford Racing parts.Just like I have the FRPP mufflers they are made by Borla.Borla also makes the mufflers for Roush,Steeda,Ford Racing and a lot of other manufacturers.

I have the Steeda short throw shifter and is sweet.I bought a white and a black cobra ball for the shifter off of e-bay,this also is sweeeeeet.
Okay - I'll buy that; I have heard the same, Steeda makes some of Ford's FRPP products. I am holding out with the shifter to see how the Shelby shifter turns out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have seen the two shifter from Steeda and FRPP and they both look diffrent, I like the Steeda from what I have read that the shifter has a spring loaded to help with the postive feel and the close throw to third. No idea about the Shelby auto shifter. Can you purchase a hurst shifter stock (Flat) metal and install it to the other shifters, like a Steeda and a hurst together? I like this idea, I think it would be cool to have the Hurst (stock) and ball, I like the fact that we can purchase diffrent knobs, like my car has the red inserts and a black ball with red shift pattern would look cool.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have seen the two shifter from Steeda and FRPP and they both look diffrent, I like the Steeda from what I have read that the shifter has a spring loaded to help with the postive feel and the close throw to third. No idea about the Shelby auto shifter. Can you purchase a hurst shifter stock (Flat) metal and install it to the other shifters, like a Steeda and a hurst together? I like this idea, I think it would be cool to have the Hurst (stock) and ball, I like the fact that we can purchase diffrent knobs, like my car has the red inserts and a black ball with red shift pattern would look cool.
Some folks have installed the Hurst shift lever and ball to the Steeda, I don't know about the FRPP pictured above.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts