Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New member here. My dad just purchased an 07 with the red appearance package. He has decided on the Borla/FRPP exhaust but we are having a difficult time finding a supplier in our area (Toronto, ON, Canada).

So my question is, are the any Canadian members on the board who have purchased this exhaust from a retailer in Canada or do most people order them from the U.S.? Which online store would be the best to order from?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hi,

New member here. My dad just purchased an 07 with the red appearance package. He has decided on the Borla/FRPP exhaust but we are having a difficult time finding a supplier in our area (Toronto, ON, Canada).

So my question is, are the any Canadian members on the board who have purchased this exhaust from a retailer in Canada or do most people order them from the U.S.? Which online store would be the best to order from?

Thanks

Welcome to the board themailman34.:D

·
Registered
933 Posts
themailman34,

Welcome to the board! :D

The members on this site are great and there is a ton of information concerning mods! :D

As for the exhaust, you should be able to purchase these from your local SVT dealer. I know that Metro Ford here in Calgary, sells all the FRPP parts (which would include the Borla exhaust as from what I've read on other threads they are one of the same).

I'm still waiting for my Shelby, so I can't comment on after market parts. :(

I will be heading over to Metro Ford this afternoon (got some loose ends to tie up on a 2008 Escape Limited for the mrs.), so I'll ask them for you and reply later to you on today.

In the meantime contact your local SVT dealer and ask. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
themailman34,

Welcome to the board! :D

The members on this site are great and there is a ton of information concerning mods! :D

As for the exhaust, you should be able to purchase these from your local SVT dealer. I know that Metro Ford here in Calgary, sells all the FRPP parts (which would include the Borla exhaust as from what I've read on other threads they are one of the same).

I'm still waiting for my Shelby, so I can't comment on after market parts. :(

I will be heading over to Metro Ford this afternoon (got some loose ends to tie up on a 2008 Escape Limited for the mrs.), so I'll ask them for you and reply later to you on today.

In the meantime contact your local SVT dealer and ask. :)

Thanks for all the info!! I'll contact our dealer.

The site looks to be full of knowledgeable people!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Are the axle-backs easy to install (any welding required?) or is it best to bring the car to a shop ?
Axle-back installation is a pretty easy job. No welding. Just unbolt the stock axle-backs and the mounting brackets. Then bolt up the new ones. I found, when installing my Bassanis, it helped to loosen the clamps at the X-pipe to get the exhaust aligned correctly. Took me about an hour to do the job.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Many of the members did the job themselves and others chose to take it to a shop. It was all to do with personal preference I guess. :cool:

I'll let the members that have done the job themselves reply as to whether they encountered difficulties during the install.

Again, I can't comment as I haven't got my Shelby yet! The good news is my dealer has already received 1 last week and 2 more are shceduled to be delivered in September. I'm talking about the 2008 Shelbys. :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome!! Thanks everyone for the information.

Based on reading past threads on this board, It seems that most people went with the Borla/FRPP. I understand it will be louder than the stock exhaust (which is exactly what we want!) but I hope it won't be too loud that carrying on a conversation will be difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Axle-back installation is a pretty easy job. No welding. Just unbolt the stock axle-backs and the mounting brackets. Then bolt up the new ones. I found, when installing my Bassanis, it helped to loosen the clamps at the X-pipe to get the exhaust aligned correctly. Took me about an hour to do the job.
+1 I also installed my own in about an hour.:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks everyone for the information.

Based on reading past threads on this board, It seems that most people went with the Borla/FRPP. I understand it will be louder than the stock exhaust (which is exactly what we want!) but I hope it won't be too loud that carrying on a conversation will be difficult.
I just installed them on my vert. Sounds good but has a drone. Doesn't bother me though. When Fred ran by me a few weeks ago he almost blew my eardrum out:)

I will post a clip of different exhausts on youtube later today and will post so you can listen to them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just installed them on my vert. Sounds good but has a drone. Doesn't bother me though. When Fred ran by me a few weeks ago he almost blew my eardrum out:)

I will post a clip of different exhausts on youtube later today and will post so you can listen to them.
Can't wait to hear them. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Now thats the exact sound that I want. Your car sounds amazing!!! Nice deep rumble. Ford should have had this on the car in the first place.

Thanks.:D Government regulations you know.We can do it but Ford can't.:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well we ended up buying the FRPP exhaust from the dealer:D It was the last one they had in stock too!! Haven't installed it yet but just looking at the new mufflers and tailpipes I know this thing will be exactly what this car needs.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

·
Registered
933 Posts
themailman34,

Glad to hear you picked up a pair. As I mentioned earlier, these are available at SVT dealerships for sure. I confirmed that today at my SVT dealer.

Happy rumbling! :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts