Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Where is everyone from?

All 
62K views 509 replies 267 participants last post by  lgwilson 
#1 ·
We’ve had a lot of new members join the forum over the last year or two... let’s find out where everyone is from. You might meet some locals here.

I’ll start... I’m Tim from the DFW area of TX. 👋

#383 ·
Does H stand for Houston, Heritage or hell?

#395 ·
I like the Sheriff there. He stands up for his men and is not afraid of media backlash. Unlike some others :rolleyes:

"Let there be no doubt: This individual got exactly what he deserved," Ivey said.

"And to those out there who might be foolish enough to ask why we shot him so many times, that answer is simple: Because evil can never be dead enough."

#398 ·
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: AZ21GT500
#402 ·
Hello Dave Welcome aboard the Forum! We would love to see your Shelby, you can post in the new members introductions section and tell us about your Shelby and drop a couple photo's. The members here love photo's.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum. (Remember to click Save)

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there)(You’ll need to save this as well) Let us know if you have any forum questions

#404 ·
Hello Paul from KS!

We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there). Holler if you have any forum questions.

Reactions: AZ21GT500
#407 ·
Had to think about this... okay...

born in Kansa City Kns
first lived in KCMo
to Indep. Mo
to Rolla Mo
to Ft Leonard Wood Mo
to Ft Ord Ca
to Ft Benning Ga
to Ft Polk La
back to Ft Benning
to Republic of S. VN
to S. Korea
back to Republic of S. VN
to Ft Lewis Wa
to Ft Hood Tx
to Raytown Mo
to Lee's Summit Mo
to Overland Park Kns
to Blackhawk Co
to Golden Co
to Denver Co
to Aurora Co
to Colorado Springs Co (Cheyene Mnt AFS)
to Tindall AFB Fla
back to Co Spgs Co (Schriever AFB)
back to Tindall AFB Fla
back to Co Sprgs Co
to Buckeye AZ
to Surprise AZ
to where I am now, Unicorporated Yavapai County AZ

That's the 'short' list as Best I recall as `living in' for any extended time... and being "from"...

Hope This Helps

#408 ·
Rolla. The first stop at the end of day 1 while driving from N.Y. to Tucson. The exit we get off at has an old watering hole/restaurant called “The Tater Patch” where we grab a bite to eat. Live music sometimes.

#411 · (Edited)
I have one of those 'memories', such as my seventh grade teacher was Ms Broughm at Bristol Grade school, the Principal was Mrs Reek. We moved from KCMo to Indep. Mo. When I was 5.5 years old, the address in KC was 5105 E, 22nd. I went from 5th to 7th grade skipped 6th, my 7th grade teacher was Mrs Allen... I could go on... got my first bike for my 7th birthday we went to a Western Auto that was at Indep. Square, it was a red & white 'Westrern Flyer'. At 12 yo I decided the Only thing I wanted was to get out of Missouri... we had very little, my father was a carpet layer, worked for Harper's Carpet in KC all his life. I found the only way out for me was education and the only means was a scholrship for college, I got it playing football. As a freshman in HS I went from the freshman team to the varsity team after three games as a freshman, did pretty well, Sophomore yr, All City team, Jr yr again All City and All State, Sr year both those again and HM All American. Recievad 4 offers, top ones were from BYU, KU and Missouri, unfortunatly the Mo. Was the best, a full-ride... wanted into Engineering that took me to Rolla Mo. Partway thru, Draft Notice, actually enlisted, 'contracted' for Ranger school, second disappointment, Bsaic at Ft Leonardwood... Missouri, then to AIT at Ft Ord Ca... finially out of Misseory, qualified, onto Ft Benning, jump school, Ranger school and then Escape/Evasion/ Infiltration/Exfilltration and Survial at Ft Polk La... back to Benning then to RSVN.... hard to forget any of This! Came back after 3rd wounding, first Ft Lewis Wa, then to Ft Hood Tx, nearly 3 months in the Hosp. there, three surgeries and rehab. Used the GI Bill to finish college BSME and dual in Applied Math, on to my MSME... all because I have an extraordinary Memory.

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

EDIT: most all of this and more has been previously posted, l have little to no qualms in opening myself up

#413 ·
Think I have posted here before but I am from New Orleans, live in the DFW area.

#414 ·
Army brat born Fort Lewis, WA
Dad retired when I was 4 moved to Utah, then Nebraska, then Kansas, back to Utah, to the Pacific NW (Oregon and Washington), back to Utah when I was 13ish. Moved to Texas with my wife last year... We're only leaving this home, in East Texas in body bags..

#415 ·
I was at Ft Lewis.
I was taken there after my third time wounded, went thru the 3rd Field Hospital in Saigon to be 'stabilized' taken to Japan for the first surgery, then across the pond to Ft Lewis Hosp. That would have been the end of Nov '70. It was so crowded that I stayed in a hallway on a gurney! Finally was taken to Ft Hood Tx for 3 more surgery's and rehab for 3 months.
When were you, your Dad at Ft Lewis?

#416 ·
I was born in September of 67 (Madigan General Hospital?) and then we went to Seoul for a few years after that. My Dad really loved Korea even though he was a POW in the Korean war.
He spent 21 years in the Army and retired in 71, he was 38 years old and a Major.

#417 ·
Cool, I guess we missed each other LoL...
I spent a couple months or so in Korea on the DMZ after I was wounded the second time, that was May, June '69, had a choice of recovery there or back to the States... picked there and then back to my unit in VN. I may not have always made the wisest choices. Enlisted 19 Jan '67, Army... retired USAF HQ Command Engineer 31 Aug 2013