Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a little confused on how the allocation process works. Ordering was supposed to open on the 15th, and I see many people have been able to submit orders, but any dealers I ask say they don’t know how many 22 allocations they will get yet. If orders are being confirmed by Ford Performance, there must be allocations available. How does this work?

·
Registered
2021 GT500, base/tech/stripes
47 Posts
I can only tell you what my dealership told me.
They get told when they can order a gt500 (or more than one if big dealer maybe?). That usually happens early in the month, when they get their whole months allocation of all cars they can order that month. I’ve heard that they can put an order in at any time but it will sit in unconfirmed status indefinitely. So, your dealer is right. He has to wait to be told that he can. He will also find out then what options he gets. CFTP, painted stripes aren’t just available. They are “sub allotments”, so to speak.

*I do not vouch for any of this info, it’s strictly what the fleet manager/ordering/trading dude at the small dealership I use told me.

·
Registered
Rick: 2021 GT500, Gray, TP+Rec
44 Posts
I agree with @SVTFreak, my dealer said the same thing. At the beginning of April my dealer said they are ready to order, they said, "Yours will be white with black stripes." That color was near the bottom of my list and I mentioned my frustration. He responded with, "We don't have much control, each month is when we determine whether we are getting one or not. Obtaining one to your exact desire is tricky."

I reached out to @Goose17 and he advised me to call around. So I called every dealer within a days drive, all said similar until I found one that had a gray/black one and a blue/black one (CFTP) arriving in a two weeks. I needed back seats (two kiddos) and this dealer did match my initial dealer's offer, so I settled...

I am sure you called several, I'd keep trying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
He did say he could get any color. Painted on stripes, however, are limited. That’s why cftp and painted stripes is the “golden ticket”. The two allotments have to line up together.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve been getting pretty frustrated. After reading about the reduced 22 production, I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting an allocation at Granger. I’ve been doing some reaching out to other dealers about 21s they either have in stock or are coming soon. The ADMs seem to be going up now. One dealer had Velocity Blue base with carbon dash, tech package, and handling package. It was listed at 83k, so a 3k ish ADM. When I asked about it, they changed the price to 96k! Lol Locally, they have a used base 2020 that they also want 96k for. I don’t mind a reasonable ADM, but I’m not paying 16k.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
I’ve been getting pretty frustrated. After reading about the reduced 22 production, I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting an allocation at Granger. I’ve been doing some reaching out to other dealers about 21s they either have in stock or are coming soon. The ADMs seem to be going up now. One dealer had Velocity Blue base with carbon dash, tech package, and handling package. It was listed at 83k, so a 3k ish ADM. When I asked about it, they changed the price to 96k! Lol Locally, they have a used base 2020 that they also want 96k for. I don’t mind a reasonable ADM, but I’m not paying 16k.
Every dealer on Autotrader and other sites do that. They’ll do that on their own website if state law allows for it. Otherwise they’ll put the ADM in fine print.

Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every dealer on Autotrader and other sites do that. They’ll do that on their own website if state law allows for it. Otherwise they’ll put the ADM in fine print.
They actually changed the price on their site. It was listed at 83k both on Autotrader and the dealer site. When I asked for an out the door price, it changed to 96 on both the website and Autotrader within an hour. Most dealers never even bother to return phone calls or emails, either. I know a lot of you guys have dealt with the same BS. It is extremely frustrating though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They actually changed the price on their site. It was listed at 83k both on Autotrader and the dealer site. When I asked for an out the door price, it changed to 96 on both the website and Autotrader within an hour. Most dealers never even bother to return phone calls or emails, either. I know a lot of you guys have dealt with the same BS. It is extremely frustrating though.
Very much so. I noticed the market was softening a bit and adms where coming down (at least near me) but the production scufflaw changed that it seems (although I did quit looking). Even before this, when they where slowly dropping, I must have called about approx 100 cars over the course of about 3 months before I found someone that would work with me. I got lucky…..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
Very much so. I noticed the market was softening a bit and adms where coming down (at least near me) but the production scufflaw changed that it seems (although I did quit looking). Even before this, when they where slowly dropping, I must have called about approx 100 cars over the course of about 3 months before I found someone that would work with me. I got lucky…..
We would have expected the market to soften heading into winter, but these are crazy times!

·
Registered
47 Posts
We would have expected the market to soften heading into winter, but these are crazy times!
You’re absolutely right about that! I was all about waitingto get an atlas blue 22, but with the uncertainties of today, my wife talked some sense into me. This opportunity presented itself and she said “just get this one, and if you find you still want blue, sell it for more than you paid and order the blue one. Then, if they don’t get an allotment, you have one at a good price”. She’s blonde as can be but sometimes she is pretty sharp lol.

Who am I kidding. She’s always smarter than me lol.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
You’re absolutely right about that! I was all about waitingto get an atlas blue 22, but with the uncertainties of today, my wife talked some sense into me. This opportunity presented itself and she said “just get this one, and if you find you still want blue, sell it for more than you paid and order the blue one. Then, if they don’t get an allotment, you have one at a good price”. She’s blonde as can be but sometimes she is pretty sharp lol.

Who am I kidding. She’s always smarter than me lol.
Funny Joey!

You have a good wife!

Reactions: SVTFreak

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I have been holding out for a 2022 order since I really wanted eruption green, but I think I screwed myself. I figured if I wasn’t able to order a 22, I’d take advantage of the typical winter price softening and pick up a 20 or 21. I have passed up a couple potential deals near msrp in the past few months and could kick myself.

I think I’m gonna sit back a bit and just see what comes along. I’m even toying with putting the 20+ on hold and trying to find a decent deal on a 13-14. Maybe prices on those will settle down a bit over winter.

Reactions: SVTFreak

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, I have been holding out for a 2022 order since I really wanted eruption green, but I think I screwed myself. I figured if I wasn’t able to order a 22, I’d take advantage of the typical winter price softening and pick up a 20 or 21. I have passed up a couple potential deals near msrp in the past few months and could kick myself.

I think I’m gonna sit back a bit and just see what comes along. I’m even toying with putting the 20+ on hold and trying to find a decent deal on a 13-14. Maybe prices on those will settle down a bit over winter.
That’s exactly what I was afraid of happening. My back up plan was to pick up a 22 Mach 1 and supercharge it. Id have loved the car, but it wasn’t what I really wanted.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That’s exactly what I was afraid of happening. My back up plan was to pick up a 22 Mach 1 and supercharge it. Id have loved the car, but it wasn’t what I really wanted.
I considered a blown Mach 1 myself, but I can’t resist a manual, and the TR3160 makes me nervous with that much torque considering its rating. Mach 1 is really sharp, though. Local dealer has a silver one with a 6 speed. So far I have resisted test driving it. Lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I considered a blown Mach 1 myself, but I can’t resist a manual, and the TR3160 makes me nervous with that much torque considering its rating. Mach 1 is really sharp, though. Local dealer has a silver one with a 6 speed. So far I have resisted test driving it. Lol
I’ve got the opposite issue. I’m lazy. I want an auto (or dct). I’m ok with the 3160. I’ve got my cobra replica when I wanna row my own and make a bunch of noise lol. The Shelby is my daily and I’ve gotten lazy so….. But the mach is a really impressive car. But by the time I bought wheels, blower, mods I wanted, I was 5k away from the Shelby I wanted. So when I looked at that, there was only one path I figured. And here I am lol.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve got the opposite issue. I’m lazy. I want an auto (or dct). I’m ok with the 3160. I’ve got my cobra replica when I wanna row my own and make a bunch of noise lol. The Shelby is my daily and I’ve gotten lazy so….. But the mach is a really impressive car. But by the time I bought wheels, blower, mods I wanted, I was 5k away from the Shelby I wanted. So when I looked at that, there was only one path I figured. And here I am lol.
Same here. The math just didn’t make sense. I also considered putting a bunch of money in our 18 auto vert before we sold it, but I never really liked that car from the start. I hated the color, and I hated the A10. I know a bunch of people love it, but the car always thought if was smarter than me, and the shift delay and sometimes unpredictable downshifts made me nervous with the stability control all the way off. And thats the only way the car was ever fun for me.

·
Registered
2021 F150
65 Posts
There are two CFTP at a local dealership. 1 Rapid Red and 1 Ford Performance Blue. Both are over 121k.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Hopeful
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are two CFTP at a local dealership. 1 Rapid Red and 1 Ford Performance Blue. Both are over 121k.
There are some CFTP gt500s on Autotrader for 150k plus. Local dealer has a used base model with no options for 96k. On a related ludicrous note, they want 100k for a low option 2 door Bronco. Crazy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts