Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
'22 GT500 Heritage In the House!!
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a thread a couple years ago about pros and cons of a leather cover or wearing gloves. I really don't see myself wearing gloves, so have decided to try this and see how I like it.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Steering wheel Alloy wheel

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,932 Posts
Trust me you’ll never find a cooler pair of gloves!

·
Premium Member
635 Posts

How are they to get on and off? I’ve been using a set of sparco mechanic gloves and they’re great.
I also wear gloves daily while working so it doesn’t bother me.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
I know there was a thread a couple years ago about pros and cons of a leather cover or wearing gloves. I really don't see myself wearing gloves, so have decided to try this and see how I like it.

View attachment 243038
Moved your post here to our non performance mods section.

I wear gloves every time I drive the car… street gloves on the right and track gloves on the left. I cut off the Velcro strap on the street gloves which makes them easy to get on/off.

Car Vehicle White Motor vehicle Light

·
Premium Member
'22 GT500 Heritage In the House!!
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will probably go this route if Ford does not warranty my steering wheel (wear spots).

Link -> 2015-22 Ford Mustang steering wheel cover
I started to go that route, but wasn't sure if it would fit the GT500 with the squared off bottom. I was out of the country and wanted to get something on, so went with Wheelskin, but if this will fit the GT500, I might swap to this, which looks like a much better overall fit.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
How are they to get on and off? I’ve been using a set of sparco mechanic gloves and they’re great.
I also wear gloves daily while working so it doesn’t bother me.
I ordered the XL I would normally be a large so they are easy on and oft still grip great. Well made

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
While I can never see myself trying a leather cover, I am interested in what makes those g-force gloves cool.
Ever pull up next to someone wearing a helmet and gloves at a traffic light? They are that cool 😂

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Ever pull up next to someone wearing a helmet and gloves at a traffic light? They are that cool 😂
So since my car isn’t wrapped in the giant prophylactic yet I won’t drive it the long distance to get the windows tinted. I tint all windows on every vehicle so you could imagine how I feel sitting in a fishbowl wearing gloves with people looking at me 😆

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
So since my car isn’t wrapped in the giant prophylactic yet I won’t drive it the long distance to get the windows tinted. I tint all windows on every vehicle so you could imagine how I feel sitting in a fishbowl wearing gloves with people looking at me 😆
The reactions is why I do it 😂😂😂 people take pictures of the crazy guy driving with a helmet and gloves. I’m not allowed to drive like that when my co-pilot is with me.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
The reactions is why I do it 😂😂😂 people take pictures of the crazy guy driving with a helmet and gloves. I’m not allowed to drive like that when my co-pilot is with me.
I mean, sometimes I get those looks. Not because I’m wearing a helmet and gloves but because I’m naked 😳😆

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I mean, sometimes I get those looks. Not because I’m wearing a helmet and gloves but because I’m naked 😳😆
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 those Recaro seats are soft but I’m not sure if they are that soft 😂

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
Glad to hear I am not alone.

I still wear my gloves though!:cool:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Premium Member
635 Posts

View attachment 243038
Back to the topic on hand. That actually doesn’t look that bad for what it is. Still better than destroying the steering wheel. I’ve seen a lot of cars for sale no matter what brand and it’s the only thing I could focus on 😂.
I’d have to get a new wheel. It looked like a matted down mangey dog 😂

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Convertible
228 Posts
Back to the topic on hand. That actually doesn’t look that bad for what it is. Still better than destroying the steering wheel. I’ve seen a lot of cars for sale no matter what brand and it’s the only thing I could focus on 😂.
I’d have to get a new wheel. It looked like a matted down mangey dog 😂
Try this.....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWPSZXF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Convertible
228 Posts
I know about that. (I watch OG )
STILL , from my experience. If you can prevent it in the first place you’re better off than trying to make it look new again after it gets beat down.
My car only has a little over 2000 miles on it so mine is still in new shape but I'm still going to clean the wheel areas and use the protectant on the wheel and seat areas.

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
217 Posts

never find a cooler pair of gloves?

My Pumas took that personally.

Hand Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 20 of 33 Posts