Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for carroll shelby wheels to replace my stock wheels do not want 20' wheels, has any one tried shelby wheels if so where and what is the web-site.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
The razors will not fit in 18inch. I called and talked to a salesperson a few weeks ago. He suggest to email them from their main page and express my concerns about not wanting to put 20's on and that if they got enough of a response that might sway them to making a Razor or something close that would fit and not cost $ 2000.00 plus like a couple of rims that do fit our car cost. So goto to the website and let them know what you want maybe they will listen.

www.shelbyperformanceparts.com

·
Registered
837 Posts
Outrageous...

I think we all need to band together and get some buying power for a set of decent wheels. Obviously traction is a huge issue with this car - even in stock condition. I'd be willing to pay dearly for a nice set of wheels and tires the alleviate the poor traction issue. I unfortunately have zero connections with those who can make good wheels.

TD

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Have Chrome Razors, 20", on mine and love them. About 3-4 months now. Not having any issues withn them. Except of course having to buy new tires too. But I, and anybody that's seen them, say they are AWESOME.....................So they're worth it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have Chrome Razors, 20", on mine and love them. About 3-4 months now. Not having any issues withn them. Except of course having to buy new tires too. But I, and anybody that's seen them, say they are AWESOME.....................So they're worth it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Would love to see pictures.

·
Registered
837 Posts
What size tires do you have on your 20" razors? And also, any traction issues?

TD

·
Registered
47 Posts
When it comes to traction and 20's Tricky, 20's are just for pimpin/cruzn:cool:

Sidewalls to thin & stiff for traction.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The super snake comes in 20". If traction is worse than 18", surpise that that is the standard wheel since SS has uprated power of 600 or 725hp, and 3.73 gearing.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
What size tires do you have on your 20" razors? And also, any traction issues?

TD
Put on the same size, but in 20"..................No traction issues......

·
Registered
14 Posts
The super snake comes in 20". If traction is worse than 18", surpise that that is the standard wheel since SS has uprated power of 600 or 725hp, and 3.73 gearing.
Read the article in the recent Road and Track magazine on the Super Snake, lack of traction is mentioned in the article.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Read the article in the recent Road and Track magazine on the Super Snake, lack of traction is mentioned in the article.
need some wider rubber in the rear....I would like to have at least 325's in the back!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
need some wider rubber in the rear....I would like to have at least 325's in the back!
Hey! Aren't you on your honeymoon? You are thinking about the wrong rear?:rolleyes: Congrats croz, even if not on the right thread.:D :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey! Aren't you on your honeymoon? You are thinking about the wrong rear?:rolleyes: Congrats croz, even if not on the right thread.:D :D
LOL....no I am not on my honeymoon right now....I should be, but I am all out of vacation time.:mad: We will be taking a trip sometime next year and we will call that our honeymoon.:D

JJ

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
LOL....no I am not on my honeymoon right now....I should be, but I am all out of vacation time.:mad: We will be taking a trip sometime next year and we will call that our honeymoon.:D

JJ
Hey CONGRATS!!!! you "Ole Crawdad"!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

JJ

Did she go on her honeymoon?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

JJ
A trip to Mich would be a great Honeymoon. 07 is a great tour guide!!!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
444 Posts
A trip to Mich would be a great Honeymoon. 07 is a great tour guide!!!!!!!:cool:
I told him I want to go on a tour! I bought my car right after they went on the tour and I didn't become a member of this site until I bought my car. June 18th 2007

JJ

No, She is always on a Honeymoon everyday she is at Walmart......lol:D

·
Registered
837 Posts
What wheels you planning to put 325's on? Sounds like a good size. I haven't been seriously looking just yet (saving $$ to put in a decent stereo) - but was thing about 315 Nitto 555 or BFG in a 315, didn't think there were any decent 325 tires

TD

·
Registered
164 Posts
YEP. You can go to the May Fly Parade. Then after a good wash he will take the two of you over to Romeo, just so she can see what helps you do those BIG smokey burnouts. Then back to the home 20 for a great time of food and fellowship.

HEY 07, I have just talked myself into a anniversary trip ! Probably have to come by myself. ha ha.

ILLEGAL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts