Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this topic has been covered before, so please forgive if it has. I took my GT500 on a long weekend drive. Drove about 200 miles, all highway, thankfully no traffic. According to the dash MPG indicator I averaged 25.3MPG's. The tank was full when I left and I filled up when I got to my destination, put in about 8 gallons, so the dash was on the money.
I had on cruse control at 65mph, I was really surprised I did not expect over 25mpg's. Just looking for feedback, anyone have any similar results?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
When I was running just the Evo Stage 1 and stock gears, I was getting about 22 mpg highway. Now I'm getting about 20.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Highway getting about 20, overall getting about 13.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I put on 1,200 miles on a trip into Canada and got 20.6 MPG.Thats with 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
658 Posts
19 Hwy 12.3 Average

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bone stock. I get 22 mpg Highway.

Overall I get 17.1
(My overall mpg improved about 1 mpg once the engine was broken in
> 5k miles)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am not sure if this topic has been covered before, so please forgive if it has. I took my GT500 on a long weekend drive. Drove about 200 miles, all highway, thankfully no traffic. According to the dash MPG indicator I averaged 25.3MPG's. The tank was full when I left and I filled up when I got to my destination, put in about 8 gallons, so the dash was on the money.
I had on cruse control at 65mph, I was really surprised I did not expect over 25mpg's. Just looking for feedback, anyone have any similar results?

that's prety darn good ! :bananahump-slvrathl

·
Registered
127 Posts
15.5 up and down the mountain every day....last long trip was 22-23...this one should be better leaving Fri.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I figured out what you are all doing wrong. You need to be in the higher boost range to deplete the fuel reserves.

My best ever highway mileage was a shade over 19. My average over 15000 miles is 15.7. I get about 12 around town.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Has anyone here brought their tune back to stock and seen a mileage improvement?
Also, I'm not sure why, but SVT says that as long as the FRPP cold air kit is installed you must run their tune with it. I have seen plenty of cold air kits over the years with no program kit required. :ack:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Has anyone here brought their tune back to stock and seen a mileage improvement?
Also, I'm not sure why, but SVT says that as long as the FRPP cold air kit is installed you must run their tune with it. I have seen plenty of cold air kits over the years with no program kit required. :ack:
There are some CAIs today that say you need no tune...but testing has shown that these kits are less than optimized without the tune...some of them running dangerously lean. The bigger the change in airflow from the CAI, the more a tune is needed.

As they said in the Italian mafia...

"you paya you money, you taka you chances":info-smilie:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was getting 22-23mpg on the highway and 17-18 in mixed highway/city driving. I have noticed about a 1-2 mpg decrease since all the local stations started selling the ethanol blend gasolines and I have been forced to use them.

Mileage has not changed at all with the addition of the KB Stage III versus what it was before the install.

I made a 300 mile trip this past Saturday and got 21mpg at an average speed of 65mph.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It's because their mass air meter is larger than stock thus requires a retune.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I figured out what you are all doing wrong. You need to be in the higher boost range to deplete the fuel reserves.

My best ever highway mileage was a shade over 19. My average over 15000 miles is 15.7. I get about 12 around town.
If you drove conservatively instead of with reckless abandon you too would see 20 -21 mpgs.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If you drove conservatively instead of with reckless abandon you too would see 20 -21 mpgs.
That's no fun. Be reckless & take chances!

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's because their mass air meter is larger than stock thus requires a retune.
I would understand that if it came with a different MAF sensor, but you re-use your stock one........

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Based on that statement, you'd think I was the one who got a speeding ticket.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts