Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend and Potential Client (Construction Related) that has a 07 GT500 that asked me about the process of getting a KR. This individual can afford any price but like most wealthy people they didn’t get that way by being foolish. He is 73 years old and not Internet savvy so I told him I would check into it for him.

Is there a waiting list or do you contact Shelby?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have a friend and Potential Client (Construction Related) that has a 07 GT500 that asked me about the process of getting a KR. This individual can afford any price but like most wealthy people they didn’t get that way by being foolish. He is 73 years old and not Internet savvy so I told him I would check into it for him.

Is there a waiting list or do you contact Shelby?
Just start contacting every dealer you can. There was a lottery for the allocation. I don't know if that list is published anywhere.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a friend who is well-connected, and he was offered a KR at "only" $40K over. Your friend needs to be prepared for some serious ADMs.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Tell your friend to withdraw all his money from every financial institution.

Tell him to go on ebay or to the nearest dealer and tell them to take however much they want.

When they can't carry anymore cash, and have exhausted themselves from making multiple trips to do so, he may be close to getting one.

(I'm only 1/2 exaggerating on this BTW...)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having enough money for this Person is not an Issue, I would think he is worth at least 100M, spending it Foolishly is!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Having enough money for this Person is not an Issue, I would think he is worth at least 100M, spending it Foolishly is!!
That's good.

It will take big $.

"Foolish" is a relative term.

$100,000+ for a Mustang is foolish to me, but not to others.

Basically he just needs to keep looking. There have only been a small amount allocated as of right now of the 1000 to be built. Rest of dealers won't know for another month or 2 if I remember.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The process?

I'd rather not answer that, this is a PG-13 site.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking there were at least a couple of steps that involved K-Y
Yes, but when you have one hundred meelyun dollars, you get to skip those steps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The service manager at the local Ford store, told me that the one allocated to a dealer in Oklahoma sold for 100k over MSRP.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We were talking a few months ago about it and he seams to think it will take $100K

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
40 more hp and maybe a few other "option" like Different Color and Stripes. Maybe it's worth 100K over MSRP. If they are selling for that much he just will not buy it I'm sure. That would be completely stupid, no matter how much money you have. He already added a Intake, Pulley and tune to his vert.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I've been predicting for months that it will take $100,000+ to get one of the first ones.

Being worth 100mil, it should not be an issue or a problem to get one. I'm jealous.:(

·
Registered
235 Posts
$165K is less than a week's interest on $100M. Tell him to go for it!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
If he doesn't have any kids..ask him if he wants to adopt me:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mobey tell him to forget the KR and send his GT500 to Shelby and get the SuperSnake. If it is all about power there is his answer.
________
Harley-Davidson Model 10

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Mobey tell him to forget the KR and send his GT500 to Shelby and get the SuperSnake. If it is all about power there is his answer.
Agree.

For the money and what you get... the SS package is the much better deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts