Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you 2020+ GT500 owners, what is on your must buy list for us SOON-TO-BE-GT500 owners?
Any other recommendations/changes?

So far on my list, have to make use of my time while waiting for the car!!!

FUNCTIONAL:
JLT Rock Blockers
Oil Catch Can (Stock or JLT, for us cheap bastards without CFTP or Handling Pkg :)
Protection (Radar/laser type)
Jaeger Bros front splash guards (aka mud flaps on a Mustang....yeah, I know, protects that front fender from more chips than in a bag of Chips Ahoy!)

MAINTENANCE:
Jacking Rails (which brand?)
3D printed oil change funnel and filter drain guide ( @PilotGore )
Indoor Satin cover for winter hibernation for us Yanks north of the Mason-Dixon line (shoulda ordered with car...... :( stock alternative?

APPEARANCE:
SHELBY & GT500 Color Inserts for front (more of a most rather than a must)
PPF and/or ceramic
Window Tint

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
Sam, here is my list dupes from your list… I know a bunch of the folks will add more.
1. Trunk monkey (only because of where you live won’t let you have a Glock monkey)
2. JLT rock blockers
3. Steeda Jacking rails full length
4. Steeda cross member brace
5. Steeda IRS subframe alignment kit
6. Steeda IRS subframe braces
7. QuickJack ( I believe you had a lift or access if so disregard this)
8. Shelby engine cap set (looks amazing)
9. Cover the ugly plastic on the brake reservoir, fuse box and radiator overflow.
10. factory oil separator if you didn’t get with handling pack.
11. Shelby fitted polymer floor mats. I know I’m in the minority on this over cloth but trust me they clean way easier worth every penny.
12. racing gloves, helmet and cool sunglasses. (People actually freak out when I drive like this I don’t go crazy driving but they always want pictures ) only one Trooper didn’t find it hilarious.

if I think of anything else I’ll add another reply.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
603 Posts
To all you 2020+ GT500 owners, what is on your must buy list for us SOON-TO-BE-GT500 owners?
Any other recommendations/changes?

So far on my list, have to make use of my time while waiting for the car!!!

FUNCTIONAL:
JLT Rock Blockers
Oil Catch Can (Stock or JLT, for us cheap bastards without CFTP or Handling Pkg :)
Protection (Radar/laser type)
Jaeger Bros front splash guards (aka mud flaps on a Mustang....yeah, I know, protects that front fender from more chips than in a bag of Chips Ahoy!)

MAINTENANCE:
Jacking Rails (which brand?)
3D printed oil change funnel and filter drain guide ( @PilotGore )
Indoor Satin cover for winter hibernation for us Yanks north of the Mason-Dixon line (shoulda ordered with car...... :( stock alternative?

APPEARANCE:
SHELBY & GT500 Color Inserts for front (more of a most rather than a must)
PPF and/or ceramic
Window Tint

I have everything on your list except the Jaeger bros flaps. I started to order them and had an issue with their site. I have the JLT inserts. I haven‘t had a problem with chips on the fenders but I have full PPF in front. I have a gravel driveway—as do 99% of the houses in my area. There‘s always a bunch of gravel on the asphalt tracked in by other cars too. I’m not sure the flaps are really necessary if you have PPF. The rock blockers definitely are necessary though. I had tons of rocks collecting on the sides before I got them.

I have the factory stretchy indoor cover and the outdoor cover. They were both much cheaper on eBay than Ford wanted for them. Indoor cover is the shit. Outdoor cover is meh. The factory outdoor cover in my 2018 vert was much better quality. It was made by covercraft. GT 500 outdoor cover is coverking.

I have the steeda full length rails, but I think any of them are fine. They are definitely a lot easier than messing with pinch weld pucks.

Bemaro front decals are cool. My first set had a letter that didn’t stick, but they sent me another set eventually. They aren’t the fastest in responding but do take care of their customers. I also have Llumar ceramic tint all the way around. It’s awesome and definitely worth doing.

I run a Valentine one gen2 radar detector and Antilaser priority jammers front and rear. I’m a fiend with countermeasures. Whether you need them or not depends on how hot your foot is and how aggressive your local enforcement is. They are a must for me.

Only thing you don’t have in your list that I can think of is some type of intake to make the blower more audible and sound deadening/stereo. I’m in the process of doing that now. That’s a whole thread in itself, though. Lol

My last mods are gonna be performance mods. Probably will start those after the stereo. My car only has 1100 miles on it. I’d like a little more before throwing my warranty away.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Diode Dynamics reverse light and interior lights. Check to make sure you have a glove box lite before ordering the full kit. I’ve got 2 bulbs that are totally useless because I didn’t check first.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Antimatter Blue
166 Posts
Sam, here is my list dupes from your list… I know a bunch of the folks will add more.
1. Trunk monkey (only because of where you live won’t let you have a Glock monkey)
2. JLT rock blockers
3. Steeda Jacking rails full length
4. Steeda cross member brace
5. Steeda IRS subframe alignment kit
6. Steeda IRS subframe braces
7. QuickJack ( I believe you had a lift or access if so disregard this)
8. Shelby engine cap set (looks amazing)
9. Cover the ugly plastic on the brake reservoir, fuse box and radiator overflow.
10. factory oil separator if you didn’t get with handling pack.
11. Shelby fitted polymer floor mats. I know I’m in the minority on this over cloth but trust me they clean way easier worth every penny.
12. racing gloves, helmet and cool sunglasses. (People actually freak out when I drive like this I don’t go crazy driving but they always want pictures ) only one Trooper didn’t find it hilarious.

if I think of anything else I’ll add another reply.
Which Steeda cross member brace did you put on your 2021?

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Which Steeda cross member brace did you put on your 2021?
This 2 point, they say the 4 point won’t work on the GT500.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Carbonized Gray base w/ technology & Recaro package)
172 Posts

Did this make a big difference with aggressive street driving or only of benefit on the track?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts

Def getting one of these. Not sure I’ll carry at all times BUT def getting

·
Registered
165 Posts
My $0.02, I have found this brake dust preventor works as advertised and the designed twist in the seatbelt will nick up your B pillar upon releasing if not careful so I added a protective patch for long term protection.
Oh, and replacing the map with LED was a bitch but needed.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bag
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I see there’s one pic of a 2020+ GT500 with it on Fronts on their site. Any actual real world usage/videos by anyone? I recall a thread somewhere of this being discussed without any usable options? This is the first I’ve seen of this. Especially since it looks like it might fit the trunk spare wheel-well? I’m a bit skeptical on this one. But if it works, I may add it to the list. Most likely to spend most of its time in my pickup.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Oxford White , HP
85 Posts

Thanks for sharing that link ! I just oredered one , i think that someday it will come in handy . I plan on driving to some tracks out of state .
Many bad roads where i live .....

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I see there’s one pic of a 2020+ GT500 with it on Fronts on their site. Any actual real world usage/videos by anyone? I recall a thread somewhere of this being discussed without any usable options? This is the first I’ve seen of this. Especially since it looks like it might fit the trunk spare wheel-well? I’m a bit skeptical on this one. But if it works, I may add it to the list. Most likely to spend most of its time in my pickup.
It works. Go to the wheel/tire sub and find the topic. Might even be a sticky? Few guys bought them. It fits front/rear and the wheel well area.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Antimatter Blue
166 Posts

Thanks! I was looking for a brace for the front since I did the IRS braces in the rear. Didn't think any of the Steeda ones would fit.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Check out this thread

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
54 Posts
My $0.02, I have found this brake dust preventor works as advertised and the designed twist in the seatbelt will nick up your B pillar upon releasing if not careful so I added a protective patch for long term protection.
Oh, and replacing the map with LED was a bitch but needed.
View attachment 238776 View attachment 238777
Can you elaborate on what the protective patch is? I also have a problem getting in and out of my car and my shoe rubbing on the door and sill - would like to find something to mitigate the rubbing.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Did this make a big difference with aggressive street driving or only of benefit on the track?
I felt it instantly tightened up the front end. I haven’t tracked my car properly yet but the small parking lot tracks it’s been great.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Thanks! I was looking for a brace for the front since I did the IRS braces in the rear. Didn't think any of the Steeda ones would fit.
It fits great super easy to install. I did it on a jack because you don’t need much space just someone to hold up the other side. If you have a lift it’s a 10 minute install.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts