Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be relocating to France within the next year and would like to investigate the feasibility of taking my 2007 GT500 with me, because I really love this car.

I have several specific concerns. I know that there are a variety of import fees and a one-time VAT, but are there any additional annual carbon emission, fuel consumption or engine displacement taxes? And what about the difficulty and cost of getting insurance?

I am also worried about what may be involved in bringing the car into compliance with French automotive safety and emission standards. Are there prohibitions on suspension, brake and engine modifications? And, if so, are there any acceptable alternatives (e.g., engine mods that have received the French equivalent of CARB certification? Or suspension mods that meet the equivalent of German TUV standards?)

Are there any modifications that must be made to an otherwise stock GT500 to meet the French standards? Like additional marker lights? A new rear bumper cover to accommodate a wider license plate? Additional emissions controls, etc.?

And, finally, what about the difficulty of obtaining normal Ford parts and service? Is this something that can be done through a dealer? Or do I need to make arrangements with an independent specialty shop? I would most likely be working in or near Paris.

I would sincerely appreciate any information that anyone can provide. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Don't forget the White Flag!:rofl:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have you lived in the EU before? You may want to check out the insurance rates too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts