Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have seen the term "Garage Queen, Daily Driver" and everything inbetween, but whats in your garage? What differentiates a garage queen from a daily driver, from a car that is just pampered? Is it mileage or the fact that you just will not bring it out in the rain or snow, or that she is in a bubble? I hate to bring her out in the rain and refuse to drive it in the snow, but when she is on the road I drive it as though I stole it. So what is she and what's in your garage?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mine takes me to work every day...................and back:roller:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I don't consider our Shelby a garage queen, but I think some people might. She gets driven evenings & weekends only (no rain or snow) and she does get pampered quite a bit. But she also gets the crap kicked out of her occasionally on the track.

The Focus ("Geech") and PT ("Pippi") are our DDs. The Dodge Ram ("Bucky") got kicked out and is mainly driveway decoration now with gas prices the way they are.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I also don't consider the Shelby a garage queen. I work at a Steel Mill so I won't drive it to work because of the chemicals and the seagulls. The seagulls have gotten so bad you worry about getting crapped on before you can get to your vehicle. They often like to perch on vehicles also. I've had to drive it to work twice but it was covered both times. It wouldn't be a pretty scene if I came to the lot and saw about 4 gulls dancing, etc on the roof.:ninja:

I won't drive it in the rain if I can avoid it and will not come out of the garage if salt is on the roads.

I love to hear the supercharger wine so I don't really pamper it.

So I guess I would call mine a fair weather queen.:cowtounge:

Cal

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I try to avoid rain, but have failed miserably at that. I have even driven it in a *gasp* snow squall. It has been driven 300 miles to Detroit and back twice. Also 500 miles to NC and back 4 times.

It has chips in the paint, nicks in the windshield, and has over 16200 miles on the clock.

My Expedition takes me to work and back most days.

I don't know what category mine falls in to, but I call it my toy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine doesn't get driven to work, I have two other cars that deal with that duty, in case on is down for a couple days I have another. Mine has never seen rain or snow and I will wait till the salt is of the roads which means she only gets to see fair weather. When she does get driven, the moment I have a chance to open her up I do. I work and go to school which means I don't have much free time therefore she only has 1600 miles but given the chance she will get driven more. Call her what you want but I love my car :pinklove: I enjoy every ride and the people that have been in the car always end up with a big smile too

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The only time the First Lady took Shelby to work, she hit a curb and destroyed the front valance. There will be no more of that! :ack:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only time the First Lady took Shelby to work, she hit a curb and destroyed the front valance. There will be no more of that! :ack:
Bet you got lucky that night.:pinklove: Then again who's baby is she?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I confess... mine is a garage queen. I have a company car for around town, and a Dodge Charger Daytona for road trips. So the Shelby gets driven on nice weekends. I plan to keep this car forever, so I'm pampering it.

And here's the latest project and resident playtoy, a 1994 Caprice:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I must admit--I have two "queens" in the garage:
The '07 Shelby and '08 Vette Pace Car. Drove them
both a little this weekend and really enjoy their
style, looks, performance, and "wow" appeal.
The real queen - my wife- resides in the house and she is the
"Queen" for letting me have my toys . :)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
07 Shelby GT 500 C., 08 F-350 Lariet, 88, 87 GT / GT Conv. both Procharged, 06 Subaru STI Race car GT 45 turbo ~1000 WHP.... Completed in Sept........., 07 MB GL 450 Custom Exhaust, 84 Caddy Sedan Deville Stock, and a 2000 V-40 Volvo Stock.

08 F-350 Daily Driver 600+ WHP and 1200+ ft/#'s of torque.

Mike

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine hangs out in the garage most of the time. No rain and rarely driven in winter. I don't really pamper it thou...my wife probably thinks differently.:bangin:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also must say that I have a garage queen. My daily driver is a 08' Ford Fusion.. my other car is a 06' Lexus GS300...

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
'08 here w/ 3k miles on the odo. Picked her up in February (live in Buffalo, NY) so there was snow on the ground. Not a queen of any sort, I open her up every chance I get...which is pretty much everywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Mine has a garage of its own.Not sure if I would call it a queen or not.It has been from Michigan to Ottawa,ont.,California,Nevada,Arizona,Ohio and Indiana.I am sure a couple other places that I don't remember but when I am not driving it it is in heated/ac garage.Ok maybe she is a queen but shes my queen.I have a Focus,Taurus and a Windstar for DD's.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Mine has a garage of its own.Not sure if I would call it a queen or not.It has been from Michigan to Ottawa,ont.,California,Nevada,Arizona,Ohio and Indiana.I am sure a couple other places that I don't remember but when I am not driving it it is in heated/ac garage.Ok maybe she is a queen but shes my queen.I have a Focus,Taurus and a Windstar for DD's.
It hasn't been to Colorado. :(

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine hangs out in the garage most of the time. No rain and rarely driven in winter. I don't really pamper it thou...my wife probably thinks differently.:bangin:
My dd is a Jeep SRT-8 (exhaust, cai, predator with custom tune). Wife drives a MB GL450.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts