Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

What'd you do today?

1M views 29K replies 442 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
#1 ·
Well, the wife is working and I'm bored, so I'm starting this tread. There's always, "What did you do to your XXXXX today?" threads, so I thought this would be something different.

As I said above, the wife is working today, so I made it into a work day for myself. Spent 5-6 hours at our 7 acre property where we are going to build next spring. There's a spot that was set up perfect for a campground type area, so I've been working on cleaning it up.

I really thought the point of buying a tractor was to limit the amount of physical labor that was exerted, but I think I'm wrong. So, I needed some muscle relaxer for a night of watching football...

I may have started a little early though...

See less See more
#11,861 ·
Hey Don, Sharon had a total knee replacement about five years ago, but not due to jumping out of perfectly good airplanes! She went through a lot of the band-aid shots etc. that Ken described. The surgery was successful, but it does take some time to be back to normal. As Ken emphasized, the post surgery therapy is "imperative" to follow. They will have someone coming to your home to do the therapy for the first several weeks. Also make "SURE" you have the electric, ice filled, leg cover after surgery, (we had to rent one, but it was totally worth it). Talk to your surgeon and arrange to have it at your residence before you come home from surgery. If it's an extra cost item, get it anyway. It reduces the swelling significantly, reduces the pain, and speeds up recovery. My hard headed German friend didn't take my advise and he paid the pain price. As Ken said, it was several weeks to a month before Sharon was feeling okay. Each day it gets a little better. It take several more months before you're totally normal again. Healing/recovery times may vary, but it's well worth it and you'll wish you'd done it sooner. Just suck up the initial pain of the post operative manipulative therapy as it is so necessary for complete range of motion and recovery. I'll bring you a Shelby cane when we come down in January! (y) 😊

#11,862 ·
Hey Don, Sharon had a total knee replacement about five years ago, but not due to jumping out of perfectly good airplanes! She went through a lot of the band-aid shots etc. that Ken described. The surgery was successful, but it does take some time to be back to normal. As Ken emphasized, the post surgery therapy is "imperative" to follow. They will have someone coming to your home to do the therapy for the first several weeks. Also make "SURE" you have the electric, ice filled, leg cover after surgery, (we had to rent one, but it was totally worth it). Talk to your surgeon and arrange to have it at your residence before you come home from surgery. If it's an extra cost item, get it anyway. It reduces the swelling significantly, reduces the pain, and speeds up recovery. My hard headed German friend didn't take my advise and he paid the pain price. As Ken said, it was several weeks to a month before Sharon was feeling okay. Each day it gets a little better. It take several more months before you're totally normal again. Healing/recovery times may vary, but it's well worth it and you'll wish you'd done it sooner. Just suck up the initial pain of the post operative manipulative therapy as it is so necessary for complete range of motion and recovery. I'll bring you a Shelby cane when we come down in January! (y) 😊
If my wife went in for knee replacement surgery, I'd slip the doc some $ on the side for some lipo and a boob job. She would wake up post-surgery with a higher center of gravity. Of course I would just tell her it is a rare, freak side effect of knee replacement surgery and NEVER speak of the truth! The CFTP would lose some of its cornering capabilities with her new and improved higher weight distribution while riding along, but I view it as an acceptable trade-off.

Reactions: 03reptile
#11,863 ·
Reactions: Goose17
#11,864 ·

Mike

Appreciate it !!!

I hope I am a exception to the rule. I know the post operative is really important and am working on that to get in house care .... scrambling right now to finalize all the details.
I will keep everyone posted

#11,865 ·
If my wife went in for knee replacement surgery, I'd slip the doc some $ on the side for some lipo and a boob job. She would wake up post-surgery with a higher center of gravity. Of course I would just tell her it is a rare, freak side effect of knee replacement surgery and NEVER speak of the truth! The CFTP would lose some of its cornering capabilities with her new and improved higher weight distribution while riding along, but I view it as an acceptable trade-off.
U are too much Tim ..... too funny but like the way you think !!!!

Reactions: Goose17
#11,866 ·
Mike

Appreciate it !!!

I hope I am a exception to the rule. I know the post operative is really important and am working on that to get in house care .... scrambling right now to finalize all the details.
I will keep everyone posted
Maybe I was a "bit graphic". I just want people to be aware it is not all smiles and roses. First few days after have some soup... and GatorAid Does Help !
Mike is absolutely spot on.
I just believe you need to be fully prepared, the first week or so after IS Not pleasant. The ice machine and pain meds will make it somewhat tolerable.
The after care is truly very important !!! You just need to push thru it for a while... it is well worth having done if you are suffering currently with chronic pain.

I do hope it all goes well and you have a quick recovery, most everyone's experience is a little different. Wishing for the best for you.

Ken
RLTW

#11,867 ·
Maybe I was a "bit graphic". I just want people to be aware it is not all smiles and roses. First few days after have some soup... and GatorAid Does Help !
Mike is absolutely spot on.
I just believe you need to be fully prepared, the first week or so after IS Not pleasant. The ice machine and pain meds will make it somewhat tolerable.
The after care is truly very important !!! You just need to push thru it for a while... it is well worth having done if you are suffering currently with chronic pain.
The Dr told me to be prepared as if you got hit by a mack truck

#11,868 ·
The Dr told me to be prepared as if you got hit by a mack truck

well...
maybe a Nissan Tundra

You got to be ready to expect some, shall we say, discomfort, they are opening it up, pulling it apart, grinding/drilling and moving things around in there!

You'll be fine, shorts and sweats for a while.

( ...and if you 'play it right', ice cream on request )

#11,869 ·
well...
maybe a Nissan Tundra

You got to be ready to expect some, shall we say, discomfort, they are opening it up, pulling it apart, grinding/drilling and moving things around in there!

You'll be fine, shorts and sweats for a while.

( ...and if you 'play it right', ice cream on request )
That made me laugh ! I have a great wife of 39 years so she will bring the ice cream !!!!

#11,871 ·
Ken is right on all counts! I had to take care of Sharon during her recovery and I didn't even get a damned dandelion or anything else, for that matter. Just DO NOT forget to get that ice machine set up!
Jesus, Tim!

#11,872 ·
Now tell me more about that incredible car and the differences between the old one and this one.

It is so beautiful !
U are too much Tim ..... too funny but like the way you think !!!!
Glad I could make you laugh Don. I was chuckling when writing it. Of course the wife asked what was up... “nothing honey!

As for the difference of the CFTP from my previous base... let’s just say I’ve been surprised thus far. After I get some more seat time, I plan to do a review.

#11,873 ·
Rolled in from my last trip to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. Made 4 trips to Myrtle Beach during the week, got rained out twice on the way there. Gary Patterson and Shelby America was there Friday and Sat. Sat at Beach Ford, Shelby America was there for a cruise in. While I was parked, a 2005 Black with white stripe Ford GT pulled in the spot next to me. Got some great pics, will post when I get them all downloaded off my GoPro. Mustang Week was canceled, but the hard core people came anyway much smaller crowd, no crazy stuff, for me it was much more to my liking as it was 10 years ago or so.I would get up in the morn, leave New Bern about 9ish be parked in front of Dave and Busters by noon, eat then hang out with our club members and other Stang Bangers till about 6ish, get my KiRKs ice cream, then back home. Repeat. Time on the road by myself in the Shelby with other Mustangs doing the same was very relaxing for me. Maybe the best, for me, Mustang Week in several years.😊

#11,876 · (Edited)
....... why did I look ?? ...... why did I look ?? ..... why did I look ?? ....... why did I look ?? ......
😕 😕 😕 😕
I did my best to warn you!
Hope you didn't lose a PopTart or two.

If I have something to try to convey I will, if it will help someone else to understand what to expect, to help prepare them with the reality.
I have been through and done a lot in this journey of life, both good along with some not so good, but I wouldn't hardly change a thing. I am definitely one of those Type A's that typically go to the extreme. I made a promise long ago to do and experience as much as possible in the life given to me, sometimes I think jumping out of a plane just may not have been a best choice!

Like Jerry Springer's "final comments", I have found the best Prizes are behind the doors that many chose to not open!

Ken
RLTW

#11,877 ·
Here are the pics of the Ford GT and mt 500 next to eachother. There is a new 2020 GT 500 on the other side. Prob saw at least 10 of the new 500s in town this past week.
Awesome lineup in those pics! I would have loved to be there!

Reactions: ihaterice
#11,878 ·
Reactions: Ford Fest
#11,879 ·
I'd damn near give my right testicle for a flipping Daytona. I think they may be one of the most beautiful cars ever built.
A perfect example of how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just a week or two ago I was talking with someone about the old Cobra AC and the Daytona came up. We both acknowledged their performance, but neither of us cared for the look. Similar to how some people mod their cars...some like and some don’t. Go sell your right testicle and get one if that’s your passion! 🙂

#11,880 ·
I agree with Bryan. The Shelby Daytona was a beautifully sculptured vehicle that combined beauty with amazing aerodynamics for that time. Peter Brock did a commendable job designing and building the car from scratch. Mr. Brock was another one of the brilliant guys that Mr. Shelby hired to further his racing group's successes. The development of that car, alone, could be the subject of another movie! And what does that Alaskan guy know, anyway? 🤣