Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
19441 - 19460 of 19695 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 sTiLl in production, for 38 days +
88 Posts
A l o n g way.... still hurts, but nothing like then I'm told. Only hurts during. It's more pressure pain vs. Long term after. I feel fine now 2 hours after.

·
Registered
'22 Code Orange
96 Posts
Yesterday was track alignment after BMR gt30 linear rate handling springs install.

Rear springs are beefier and shorter than the base and cftp springs. - ride height is about the same as cftp - 27-1/2" to the fender.

Front springs are softer than cftp (250# vs 268#) but shorter - ride height is about 1/2" lower than cftp - 27-1/4" to the fender.

I fully expect the cftp or new steeda dual rate springs to be a faster combo on track, but these were available first because of supply chain issues. Will try them as they were very good on my gt350.

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,445 ·
Wow…Shelby did a really nice job on this Super Snake… 2021 / 12 miles View attachment 247751 View attachment 247752
I, like many, get hung up on the fact that the latest generation of "Super Snake" is not a GT500 foundation. I understand SAI had to do what they could to try to generate revenue and without Ford pumping out a 500 for 6 years, this is the result.

I guess I'm no better than those that won't call the Mach E a Mustang. 😇😇😇

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
Yesterday was track alignment after BMR gt30 linear rate handling springs install.

Rear springs are beefier and shorter than the base and cftp springs. - ride height is about the same as cftp - 27-1/2" to the fender.

Front springs are softer than cftp (250# vs 268#) but shorter - ride height is about 1/2" lower than cftp - 27-1/4" to the fender.

I fully expect the cftp or new steeda dual rate springs to be a faster combo on track, but these were available first because of supply chain issues. Will try them as they were very good on my gt350.
Fantastic!

Please make a post about your new springs in our suspension section:

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
I, like many, get hung up on the fact that the latest generation of "Super Snake" is not a GT500 foundation. I understand SAI had to do what they could to try to generate revenue and without Ford pumping out a 500 for 6 years, this is the result.

I guess I'm no better than those that won't call the Mach E a Mustang. 😇😇😇
I think the biggest issue I have is the build quality and being after the fact is suspect. The up fitting a GT doesn’t get me at double the GT price. The price 130k is very unappealing for what you get. I think they wanted to separate the Super Snake from the 500 so it can live as a stand alone and be built on any Mustang platform creating a constant revenue stream. Smart idea for sure if they sell. I bet they sell a bunch of them in 23

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,448 ·
I think the biggest issue I have is the build quality and being after the fact is suspect. The up fitting a GT doesn’t get me at double the GT price. The price 130k is very unappealing for what you get. I think they wanted to separate the Super Snake from the 500 so it can live as a stand alone and be built on any Mustang platform creating a constant revenue stream. Smart idea for sure if they sell. I bet they sell a bunch of them in 23
For 2022 they're trying to up the hype by "only selling 98" to celebrate CS's would-be birthday. Sorry, but a product that's worth it's price doesn't have to stand on shallow pretense.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Take the Code Red for example. That's a $200k package and it was pretty well sold out before it became public! And Shelby's not even doing the work, correct?

The KR is another example, I believe, of a package already spoken for? Again, it's GT500 based and probably the most viable package they have, IMO.

I guess my thought is that if somebody has 100k+ to drop on a car, they're not going to upgrade a GT, but go straight for a 500. MY 24/25 perhaps missing a GT500? Well, that'll help the 20-22 values AND likely result in the Dark Horse being successful. SAI's not going to the bank with the GT Super Snake program I'm sure.

• Helpful
Reactions: blackcad55

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
For 2022 they're trying to up the hype by "only selling 98" to celebrate CS's would-be birthday. Sorry, but a product that's worth it's price doesn't have to stand on shallow pretense.

View attachment 247794

Take the Code Red for example. That's a $200k package and it was pretty well sold out before it became public! And Shelby's not even doing the work, correct?

The KR is another example, I believe, of a package already spoken for? Again, it's GT500 based and probably the most viable package they have, IMO.

I guess my thought is that if somebody has 100k+ to drop on a car, they're not going to upgrade a GT, but go straight for a 500. MY 24/25 perhaps missing a GT500? Well, that'll help the 20-22 values AND likely result in the Dark Horse being successful. SAI's not going to the bank with the GT Super Snake program I'm sure.
The 98 were the Speedster edition only and they are born in Las Vegas from a GT, the regular SS is limited to 500 units by Ford per MY and born in Flat Rock as a GT then shipped to Tuscany for up-fitting to the SS. The KR ans SE packages were both limited editions of the GT500 that required you to send your car to them and wait quite a long time to get it completed.

I do think Shelby will have some success if Ford allows them to do a SS or Shelby GT in the 2024/2025 7th Gen but so far as I have been told nothing is inked.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,450 ·
Unrelated, I had to look up my 401K balance today for the financial advisor.... I'd not recommend that anyone do the same. Holy moly, I'm down 25% from start of year. Glad I can't touch it for another 25 years+.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Unrelated, I had to look up my 401K balance today for the financial advisor.... I'd not recommend that anyone do the same. Holy moly, I'm down 25% from start of year. Glad I can't touch it for another 25 years+.
Yeah I’m down similarly BUT if you look at 3 or 5 growth you’ll be much happier. It’s just the roller coaster of investing. I’ve avoided looking at current year negative growth & more interested in next 5 years where recovery should be on the horizon (hopefully)

·
Registered
2022 GT500
191 Posts
Yeah I’m down similarly BUT if you look at 3 or 5 growth you’ll be much happier. It’s just the roller coaster of investing. I’ve avoided looking at current year negative growth & more interested in next 5 years where recovery should be on the horizon (hopefully)
With two more years of this idiot, then another election, recovery is nowhere in sight.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
Scored a backup new splitter today for the 2020... go to add it to the parts pile in the loft... there is another new splitter sitting there on standby... oh ya, forgot about that one! I buy too much shit! The current splitter on the car is new this year after my track mishap. I guess I have bought 3 this year. 🤷‍♂️

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive design Office equipment Rectangle Gas Wood

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
Scored a backup new splitter today for the 2020... go to add it to the parts pile in the loft... there is another new splitter sitting there on standby... oh ya, forgot about that one! I buy too much shit! The current splitter on the car is new this year after my track mishap. I guess I have bought 3 this year. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 247828

View attachment 247829
Tim since an intervention will have to wait till Shelby Fest, I think you need a dry erase board. Start listing out the parts you have on one side and the ones you need on the other. 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
871 Posts

View attachment 247828

View attachment 247829
Have you figured out how to waterproof those splitters yet Tim?…just saying 🤷‍♂️ 🤣.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,717 Posts

View attachment 247828

View attachment 247829
3 more than I have.

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
Have you figured out how to waterproof those splitters yet Tim?…just saying 🤷‍♂️.
I thought there was a video he did on painting the raw metal underneath and installing a rubber seal but I might be wrong.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
With two more years of this idiot, then another election, recovery is nowhere in sight.
Politics and the stock market are largely uncorrelated. Yes, he’s an idiot, but that won’t stop America from a recovery. I heard a lot of conservatives say the stock market would crash if Obama was re-elected…nope, one of the best 4 year periods in stock market history. And it didn’t happen because of Obama and his politics. We will recover despite the stupid government, but that doesn’t mean it won’t get worse before getting better. A spike of inflation was coming regardless of who had been elected. That stage has been being set for a decade now. Granted, it might have been handled better, but it’s here for a while now. It’s easy to forget we just lived through a decade of extremely low inflation and very high stock market returns…had our cake and ate it to. Drank from the punch bowl way too long and it’s time for a reset. America will recover, and probably sooner than most think. In the meantime, buckle up.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
If it’s any consolation Sam, here’s an interesting observation. YTD this is the 4th worst start to a year since the inception of the S&P 500 in 1928! That sounds ominous, and it is at the surface, but I went back and looked at what the worst years did the following year. So, years 1-3 and year 5 (excluding year 4 since 2022 holds that spot at the moment). The year following those horrific years ended up between 19% and 32%! That doesn’t mean the next 6-10 months won’t get worse, but by the end of next year the chances are very high we’ll be looking much much better! You’re spot on about not getting caught up in the occasional selloff (whether correction, bear market or recession). America ALWAYS recovers, which means we should be anxious to add more money over the next several months instead of being scared of it like many are out there.

19441 - 19460 of 19695 Posts