Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
19421 - 19440 of 19695 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
First bath since PPF/ceramic. Foam/blower so touchless except for the damn wheels. Did I mention how much I hate the brake dust? Probably a million times so far. I really don’t know how anyone could daily this car with these pads. Unless they didn’t care to have caked looking wheels? My OCD couldn’t take it. I’d swear I heard them say ahhhhh after I cleaned them lol.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
Under the weather today. Spent the day sitting in front of the computer finishing up a crazy ass track day video. It’s uploading now. That track is NUTS! :eek:

The thumbnail:

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
871 Posts
On my way to a two day compliance meeting in Kokomo, IN 🤕. Stopped in Louisville, KY to treat my wife to some fancy bourbon since she is the connoisseur. Here at Doc’s Bourbon Room and she just had an oz pour of a rare Old Fitzgerald…$250 I think…she won’t tell me yet, but of course I’m paying 🤕🤕. But then she reminded me of the $10k of CF in the garage and a gladly obliged.

Bottle Liquid Drinkware Fluid Barware

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Oh hell…the bartender just gave her a very small pour of this one. He put it back up on the top shelf before I could get an up close picture…literally it’s called Very Very Old Fitzgerald. It’s $1,200 per oz pour 😳. No charge but it was barely enough for her to get a sip.
Bottle Glass bottle Drink Alcoholic beverage Font

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,430 ·
On my way to a two day compliance meeting in Kokomo, IN 🤕. Stopped in Louisville, KY to treat my wife to some fancy bourbon since she is the connoisseur. Here at Doc’s Bourbon Room and she just had an oz pour of a rare Old Fitzgerald…$250 I think…she won’t tell me yet, but of course I’m paying 🤕🤕. But then she reminded me of the $10k of CF in the garage and a gladly obliged.

View attachment 247663
The amount of bourbon, and "old bourbon" in that place is incredible. You should walk next door to Old Forester and see if they have any single barrel for sale.

Merle's across the street has some good options as well.

I'm in Indy, so if you run into needing anything, reach out.

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 sTiLl in production, for 38 days +
88 Posts
@rxsamg carbon ceramic brake pads.... they will do wonders to bring down dust. You should see the pile of parts/upgrades set aside before the '22 gets here!
-Awesome cleanup pics btw. Atlas blue is growing on me along with many other colors.

Per FP today, my car is nearly done. Tracker still doesn't even show date for production while in production..... told +-6 weeks until delivery. We shall see. Most likely will be in Baltimore for transplant when it comes. It will be here when I get home!

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
The amount of bourbon, and "old bourbon" in that place is incredible. You should walk next door to Old Forester and see if they have any single barrel for sale.

Merle's across the street has some good options as well.

I'm in Indy, so if you run into needing anything, reach out.
Thanks Nick 👍. We got there late and Old Forester had just closed 😔. She wanted to go Michter’s Distillery and grab a bottle of something 🤷‍♂️. I’m a Tequila guy so don’t know all the Bourbon’s, but I’m learning. She just looked up that “Very Very Old Fitzgerald” bottle she got a very small sip from and seen one that sold on the black market for $36k 😳! Dang that’s a 1000R with MoTeC turn key installed!! Guess I’ll never be a Bourbon guy 🤷‍♂️.

·
Super Moderator
3,281 Posts
Thanks Nick 👍. We got there late and Old Forester had just closed 😔. She wanted to go Michter’s Distillery and grab a bottle of something 🤷‍♂️. I’m a Tequila guy so don’t know all the Bourbon’s, but I’m learning. She just looked up that “Very Very Old Fitzgerald” bottle she got a very small sip from and seen one that sold on the black market for $36k 😳! Dang that’s a 1000R with MoTeC turn key installed!! Guess I’ll never be a Bourbon guy 🤷‍♂️.
That old Burbon and Whiskey can be quite expensive 😂 I’ve got a bottle of John Wayne’s son’s whiskey and let me tell ya it wasn’t cheap 😂

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
469 Posts
Seasons are an astronomical phenomenon and not related to weather.
...and here I thought it was just a "Mark" on the calendar. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,367 Posts
Did PT this morning and then went to work. Good thing I'm doing PT at work. Easy to get to and from. The legs and low back are definitely feeling the workouts, since it's been years since I've pushed them this much. The muscles around the incision are still not quite ready for prime time, but a step or 2 without cane or support is a little better each day. I could probably go without the cane, but I wouldn't like it and I'd develop some really bad habits, so I'm keeping it around until it's ready.

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 sTiLl in production, for 38 days +
88 Posts
Did PT this morning and then went to work. Good thing I'm doing PT at work. Easy to get to and from. The legs and low back are definitely feeling the workouts, since it's been years since I've pushed them this much. The muscles around the incision are still not quite ready for prime time, but a step or 2 without cane or support is a little better each day. I could probably go without the cane, but I wouldn't like it and I'd develop some really bad habits, so I'm keeping it around until it's ready.
Had a bone marrow biopsy completed today.... not fun and had to be done for upcoming transplant. Hardest part over!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,367 Posts
Had a bone marrow biopsy completed today.... not fun and had to be done for upcoming transplant. Hardest part over!
I've seen a couple of those, and they were brutal. Hopefully they've improved the method in the last 30 years.

19421 - 19440 of 19695 Posts