Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
19401 - 19420 of 19695 Posts

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,546 Posts
Tuesday. More knees to stab. :)
Don't you ever get tired and bored with that

I get tired and bored with peeing in back area... so I do it in side yard areas and front !!!!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,367 Posts
Don't you ever get tired and bored with that

I get tired and bored with peeing in back area... so I do it in side yard areas and front !!!!
Nope, cuz I the pts like feeling better and I like helping them feel better. And it's keeping them out of surgery. That makes me happy.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,546 Posts
Nope, cuz I the pts like feeling better and I like helping them feel better. And it's keeping them out of surgery. That makes me happy.
GOOD Answer !

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
763 Posts
I walked out of my workplace for the last time this afternoon. I've worked at Electric Energy for about 28 years. 8.5 years was as a contractor and the last 19.5 years as an employee in the operations department. The politics of the state of Illinois and the USA have decided to close it after 69 years. U1 (of 6) tied on line in 1953 and it was the last one to go offline August 31st. It has not been totally dark in 69 years until now. For the last week and a half, all supervision and managers have been cleaning shops and lockers. I left a couple of days early to take a trip for Mustangs at the Mines the 21st -25th. It was a somber experience to walk out the gate and start the drive home.
Sky Vehicle Car Wheel Tire

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
I walked out of my workplace for the last time this afternoon. I've worked at Electric Energy for about 28 years. 8.5 years was as a contractor and the last 19.5 years as an employee in the operations department. The politics of the state of Illinois and the USA have decided to close it after 69 years. U1 (of 6) tied on line in 1953 and it was the last one to go offline August 31st. It has not been totally dark in 69 years until now. For the last week and a half, all supervision and managers have been cleaning shops and lockers. I left a couple of days early to take a trip for Mustangs at the Mines the 21st -25th. It was a somber experience to walk out the gate and start the drive home. View attachment 247568
Time to enjoy retirement!

Today was a long ass day. I started in the wee hours when it was still dark in Los Angeles... flew to Memphis... caught a ride to DFW... fought rush hour traffic and went straight to teach martial arts... all while being a bit under the weather. I am POOOOOPED!

My “Uber:”

Vehicle Flight instruments Helicopter pilot Cockpit Air travel

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Came home to THIS “delivery” by UPS. It’s a jack tray for my lift & pretty stout BUT this is ridiculous. Tomorrow I’ll take it out & assess the damage (I’m sure likely just cosmetic). Sent a message to summit racing equip where I bought it. We’ll see what they say after seeing this
Brown Shipping box Wood Carton Box

Wood Gas Tints and shades Composite material Concrete

·
Premium Member
7,549 Posts
Today was a long ass day. I started in the wee hours when it was still dark in Los Angeles... flew to Memphis... caught a ride to DFW... fought rush hour traffic and went straight to teach martial arts... all while being a bit under the weather. I am POOOOOPED!

My “Uber:”

View attachment 247573
You wear me out just reading about your life ................ o_O

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,872 Posts
I walked out of my workplace for the last time this afternoon. I've worked at Electric Energy for about 28 years. 8.5 years was as a contractor and the last 19.5 years as an employee in the operations department. The politics of the state of Illinois and the USA have decided to close it after 69 years. U1 (of 6) tied on line in 1953 and it was the last one to go offline August 31st. It has not been totally dark in 69 years until now. For the last week and a half, all supervision and managers have been cleaning shops and lockers. I left a couple of days early to take a trip for Mustangs at the Mines the 21st -25th. It was a somber experience to walk out the gate and start the drive home. View attachment 247568
Michael, when one door closes, another door opens. I know that feeling when I retired. Just stay busy with your honey-do list which I am sure Gina has been compiling over the last few months! :eek: You've got the workshop project planned so that should keep you busy. Congratulations on your retirement and I know you'll enjoy the freedom that accompanies it!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,412 ·
Supply chain hell continues to wreak havoc…
View attachment 247571 View attachment 247572
Something is going to "break", and here's my VERY UNOFFICIAL/UNEDUCATED hypothesis:

Unprecedented consumer demand for 2 years
Suppliers overworking their labor and material for 1.5 years to catch up to consumers
Cost increases not taken into account during 2 years hitting all at once in an already inflated market will cause demand to drop sharply.
Over production that's been occurring to catch up with demand will now over supply and will completely flip the script we've seen the last 2 years.

High Supply, Low Demand, lots of sunk-cost in inventory. Manufacturers are going to feel the burn. Not sure what inflation does with pricing/cost, but as a consumer we have to do a couple things: 1. Emergency fund. 2. Extra cash to take advantage of the market. Either to buy discounted goods, or invest in dropping stocks.

I want a new car for the wife, but I know something is going to have to give sooner or later, so it's just a manner of if I can wait it out.

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
871 Posts
Something is going to "break", and here's my VERY UNOFFICIAL/UNEDUCATED hypothesis:

Unprecedented consumer demand for 2 years
Suppliers overworking their labor and material for 1.5 years to catch up to consumers
Cost increases not taken into account during 2 years hitting all at once in an already inflated market will cause demand to drop sharply.
Over production that's been occurring to catch up with demand will now over supply and will completely flip the script we've seen the last 2 years.

High Supply, Low Demand, lots of sunk-cost in inventory. Manufacturers are going to feel the burn. Not sure what inflation does with pricing/cost, but as a consumer we have to do a couple things: 1. Emergency fund. 2. Extra cash to take advantage of the market. Either to buy discounted goods, or invest in dropping stocks.

I want a new car for the wife, but I know something is going to have to give sooner or later, so it's just a manner of if I can wait it out.
Very well said...and that can all be summed up in one word...RECESSION.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,414 ·
Very well said...and that can all be summed up in one word...RECESSION.
Yeah. I work for a manufacturer and we're heavily affected by the housing market; new home starts and renovation alike. We've certainly seen a slow as of recent and projections show it continuing, but it's also comparing some of that slowing to these last 2 years of absolute chaos. So, it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up to the trend line that had been created from 2010-2019. At times I worry about the security of my job, but I know the work we're committed to (I deal with capital equipment) and I already belong to a pretty "thin" group, so I don't worry too much.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
472 Posts
I retired for the first time a couple years ago, and I can say that I am busier and working more since then.......I must have missed the "retirement" part of my leaving work for the last time.:unsure:o_O

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,367 Posts
You've got some free time, so you should cruise up to the Cruise for a Cause at the Dells next weekend. Fun fun.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
469 Posts
Celebrating Hump Day!!!
And mourning the last day of Summer.
It darn sure isn't the last day of summer in Texas. High 90's for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,367 Posts
It darn sure isn't the last day of summer in Texas. High 90's for the foreseeable future.
Seasons are an astronomical phenomenon and not related to weather.

19401 - 19420 of 19695 Posts